Getting Some Throat Burn.

Shananatoot

I was just wondering if this was normal, or if I was doing something wrong. The throat hits I experienced early on were nothing like what I am experiencing now. There is a harsh burn in the back of my throat. It's happening constantly now. Am I doing something wrong? Is it supposed to feel like this?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Nope, the nic level is actually the same, maybe a little lower (12mG). It's a PG/VG mix I believe, it's Sweet Caroline from iVape. The atomizer is brand new. I just got it in the mail today, it is a low resistance atomizer though.

it sounds like the primer on the atty.......

try blowing out the atty--blow through the small hole at the end of the atty--hold over a papertowel or some such. then push the corner of papertowel or kleenex into open end of atty and let sit for a couple minutes to drain any excess liquid. reprime the atty with 2-3 drops of liquid and try vaping...should help the burn.

the primer is nasty stuff !!!

You just went to an ego with an LR atty? That'll definitely produce way more heat. You might get used to it or drop the nic if you can. Stupid question, how long you been vaping and what did you smoke before. Also, the LR atty will burn through juice a little quicker. Dripping takes a little practice, I gave up for months before going back.

Edited by FTJoe

You just went to an ego with an LR atty? That'll definitely produce way more heat. You might get used to it or drop the nic if you can. Stupid question, how long you been vaping and what did you smoke before. Also, the LR atty will burn through juice a little quicker. Dripping takes a little practice, I gave up for months before going back.

Yeah, I had the regular 510 attys before then. I have been vaping for about two weeks now, and before I quit I was waffling between American Spirits and Marlboro Menthol lights. It definitely seems to be burning through juice quicker. Every 3 or 4 hits I am having to drip again, but even then it still burns.

Ya may just need to break the beast in :)

I know what you mean with the harsh hits, I get them sometimes too. It's probably just that the parts are all new and needs to be broke in. The LR's do seem to hit a lot differently from the reg atty's too, in my little bit of experience with them, they do produce a harder hit.

This may not be relevant, but I noticed if I'm not constantly sucking down fluids while vaping mostly PG, my throat gets dry, scratchy and irritated. I switched to all VG and haven't had that issue since.

This may not be relevant, but I noticed if I'm not constantly sucking down fluids while vaping mostly PG, my throat gets dry, scratchy and irritated. I switched to all VG and haven't had that issue since.

Hmm... I'll definitely look into that. I will try anything. This harsh feeling completely ruins the vaping experience.

It seemed to just be the LR atty that is giving me trouble. For now, I'm just going to switch back to the regular attys. If that is the type of throat hit I'll get from the LR atomizers, I'll just stick to the regular 510s. Thanks for all the help guys! :unworthy:

Normally I would say no, I use them religiously but I do 0 nic. Still, should not burn. Reason I asked how long was to see if you're still pretty green and you are. Get into it, get used to it, get bored by it, then start up the the crazy stuff like LR attys, that's my advice. If you are not smoking or reduced smoking with regular attys, stick with that for now.

I don't like 5 volts for that reason and a LR atty will give 5 volt effect .Just too hot burns the liquid.Try shorter bursts on the button to keep it a little cooler.It also will burn the liquid off quicker giving the dry atty effect sooner than a standard resistance,drip more often.

I found the right combo for the LR atty, and now it's vaping like a champ! Thanks for the help guys! I don't get the burning sensation anymore, and I'm not sure what was causing the problem. Then again, I don't really care because it's working incredibly -- for the moment. Knock on wood. lol