302 Atty On The Joker Review!

Ok... I want to do a review about the Joker. Now I know a lot of people have been bad mouthing it, and it has the rep of popping attys AND it's expensive. The good news is using the Joker with a 302 atomizer seems to be a great combination. Since I bought my Joker, I've gone through 6 801 attys in 2 months. I did a little research and the 302 V3 atomizers have the same thread count as an 801 atty, which means you can use a 302 on the Joker! :)

I am happy to report the 302 atty is still going strong after 3 weeks of use. The ONLY downfall is you can't adjust the airflow screw on the Joker. Other than that, if you are thinking of getting the Joker, DON'T waste your time with 801 atomizers. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. :)

Bu, I have a question for you that is related to the Joker: was the airflow adjustment the main reason the other atties popped? Or was it due to the fact it is THAT strong?

Hope ya reply this in time :innocent:

Bu, I have a question for you that is related to the Joker: was the airflow adjustment the main reason the other atties popped? Or was it due to the fact it is THAT strong?

Hope ya reply this in time :innocent:

The original Joker does not have regulated voltage. They say it's 5 volt, but that's under load. You actually have 6.5V going to the atty. I blew a couple of 510's on it, but I have the same problem with my Silver Bullet. I've been getting 1-2 weeks with 510 atty at HV. I had one last a month. I had a BE112 (same as 801/302) last about 3 weeks. I've got some 302s but haven't been able to get one to work with an adapter. The 801/302 style attys have a higher resistance (3-3.5 ohm) vs. the regular Joye 510 at 2.2 ohm so they don't get as hot.

Thank you, Brian!

Burn, I dunno much about the Joker 2, but I'm just hoping the price is right.

Hmm....Death, are ya gonna get the Joker 2 or no? Normally I can just call ya :innocent:

Thank you, Brian!

Hmm....Death, are ya gonna get the Joker 2 or no? Normally I can just call ya :innocent:

They have them now. $129 for the kit (holster, batteries/charger), $109 for just the unit. Personally, I'd just buy the unit and order batteries from batteryjunction. You can get 6 LiFePO4s w/charger for $26.

They have them now. $129 for the kit (holster, batteries/charger), $109 for just the unit. Personally, I'd just buy the unit and order batteries from batteryjunction. You can get 6 LiFePO4s w/charger for $26.

Personally, I prefer the Ultrafire 880 MAH 3.7 v vs. the Tenergy lifepo 400 mah as the Ultrafires last quite a bit longer (I have both)

Apparantly, the best of them all are Spiderfires 1000mah that I can find on ebay pretty inexpensive but do ship from China. Remember, even if mah should be a reliable metric for batteries, manufacturers often lie about MAH like women lie about their age or men lie about their income.... =)

I find user created reports/tests are far more reliable, like the one I have linked below.

Report of RCR123a type batteries:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2921001&postcount=1

anyone who purchases batteries should know about the candlepower forums (above) and battery University

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/index.htm

Thank you, Brian!

my AVJoker (v2) should arrive tomorrow and I will be sure to bring it on web chat some night this week. Lord knows that chat room could use something attractive on cam. (present company excluded) =)

I didn't see Tenergy LiFePO4s on that list you linked. The Tenergy LiFePO4s I was referring to are labeled 750mah. The ones that come with the Joker are not Tenergy and are only 400 mAh. Having said that, I do plan to get some of the 3.7V 16340s also. :thumbsup:

I didn't see Tenergy LiFePO4s on that list you linked. The Tenergy LiFePO4s I was referring to are labeled 750mah. The ones that come with the Joker are not Tenergy and are only 400 mAh. Having said that, I do plan to get some of the 3.7V 16340s also. :thumbsup:

I stand corrected, Brian, sorry about that I didnt mean to type Tenergy, the batts in the kit are the batteries I was referring to and no, they are not on the list either. This is just a list I found with a few different rcr123 suppliers, thought it was interesting.

Edited by Burn

Thank you, Brian!

i don't think so... i'll just stick to the original joker AND see how long this 302 atty will last! lol... almost at 4 weeks without any problems... ~knocks on wood~

Bunr, let us know what you think of the Joker AV.

i have a Buzz.... but a 3.7 back up seems useless now so i may get a Joker AV so i have two units (just in case).

Edited by Stirfry

my AVJoker (v2) should arrive tomorrow and I will be sure to bring it on web chat some night this week. Lord knows that chat room could use something attractive on cam. (present company excluded) =)

so, what's the word? do you like it?

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines