What Kind Of Atomizers Are Used For High Voltage?

So, I was using an 801 atomizer on my Silver Bullet at 6 volts. Suddenly, there was a pop and a strange sensation. I thought nothing of it. The next day, I noticed that vapor production had been SEVERELY reduced, and if I left any liquid in it, it would slowly drip out of the battery connection of the atomizer. I am going to assume this is a "popped" or "blown" atomizer, as they call it.

Later, I saw a supplier state that regular atomizers are not appropriate for high voltage devices. So what DO you use? Does the low-res atomizer have a high-res cousin? I've never seen one.

I always just thought that atomizers going out sooner was the cost of business when you mess with high voltage, but now I'm not so sure. Any input?

P.S.- This is a weird hybrid of a post, so it might be in the wrong place, maybe? Move it where you will! :question:

Edited by Popsicle

Yeah they absolutely make atomizers with higher resistance ratings for HV devices. I personally like my atomizer right around 3.5ohms for 5-6V, I've personally had the best luck with the BE112s (801 style) and I have purchased some HV attys from East Mall (4.5ohm) but they seem to burn out faster than my stock BE112s. I have BE112s that have lasted multiple months at high voltage with no problems at all.

I agree with GDUB.... I've had the best luck with the BE112's as far as "penstyle" goes. And a regular Joye 510 has worked fine as well. I think atty's are still going to be hit and miss though... especially when it comes to HV vaping.

I just started using a BE112 about a week ago and really like it. Now, this "poof" you speak of, I've had that happen on 510s and on this BE112. I call it back firing. The atty continue to work fine though... just scares the heck out of me when it does it.

Where is the best place to get these HV attys? Every where I've gotten some they go out after about 2 weeks of use on my pt :thumbsdown:

I find them all over. You should try cartos as well as they run better, IMO, at a higher voltage. I know I've gotten from several places, I wouldn't want to recommend one over the other as I have yet to see how they really are.