Omega And Silver Bullet

Brian

I'll start off by saying that I've been using a Black Silver Bullet for about four months now and absolutely love it. It's a vaping beast! I vape all day at 6V, come home from work and switch the top over to it's PT and continue vaping at 6V. My SB is in near constant use. Four months of heavy use and I have never and a single problem with it.

Enter OMEGA:

So, July 3rd was my birthday and for the past two weeks my wife has been nagging me because she didn't have anything for me and didn't know what to get me. I told her not to worry about it, and thought she had let it go, but she started back up just a few days before the big day. Nag, nag, nag. What's a guy to do, right? So I told her I'd order a new PV for my b-day and she was happy with that. I have been considering getting another SB, but decided to go ahead and get the Omega. I ordered it Wednesday evening and it arrived Saturday morning.

The Omega is a thing of beauty. Take the SB and add some elegance and class and you have Omega. It comes in a velvet bag which you will need to clean up the drool when you pull the Omega out of it. Seriously, the unit is absolutely eye candy.

How does it vape? It vapes as expected... like a beast. I'm using two LiFePO4s for 6V and a BE112 atty (thanks GDub for the atty tip) and it vapes great - just like the SB. The push button top (switch) is very nice. I was concerned that I wouldn't like it, but it's perfect. Some people have expressed concerns about the switch being activated if you're a pocket carrier. IMO, you are 100% correct. While it does take a little pressure to depress it, I would not be comfortable carrying it in my pant pocket.

In size, it's about the same as the SB. It's slightly smaller in circumference and weighs 25% less (3oz vs. the 4oz SB). You can definitely tell the difference in weight when you hold it.

Issues: The only problem I've found is that it wasn't firing every time I pushed the top down. This is because it was designed for 18650 batteries and I’m using two LiFePO4s which a slightly smaller in diameter. To correct this, I used a Pop-Tart box to make a battery sleeve. This worked perfectly and it fires ever single time now. I've heard of people doing this with the SB and Indulgence also and it works great.

You all know I don't do reviews. I'll jump in on someone else's review and say "yeah, I agree" or "I love mine" or something like that. Face it, I suck at reviews and I'm okay with that. :rolleyes2: However, I felt like I had to say something about the SB and Omega. They really are fantastic units and I have no qualms at all about recommending them. I've never had anything but excellent products and service from Altsmoke. Due to the quality and durability of the SB I had no reservations at all about ordering the Omega. I knew it would be a great unit and have no doubt it will pass the test of time. :unworthy:

Thanks for reading... sorry to babble on. :)

:thumbsup: Good job, Brian! :thumbsup:

Nice to know the Omega is the same quality as the SB. I know I am more than impressed with my SB and would highly recommend it to anyone.

And by the way...you didn't "babble on".

Hey, that was a good review! And, HAPPY B-DAY! :clap:

I've been trying to read up on a good PV lately. My b-day's the first week in Sept and the wife gave thumbs up to getting a good unit as a gift! I've been torn between the Joker, GLV2, Buzz, Silver Bullet and now thanks to your review, the Omega! I need to quit reading so many reviews. I do like the SB pass through thing though, I didn't know it had that!

How does it vape? It vapes as expected... like a beast. I'm using two LiFePO4s for 6V and a BE112 atty (thanks GDub for the atty tip) and it vapes great - just like the SB.

Really glad you're enjoying the BE112s, still my go to atty. I decided to check out the Omega myself, ordered it late last night so it won't ship until tomorrow, but I figured as much when I placed the order. 100% user serviceable had me sold. Seems like the spring in the switch is the weakest point, and will be cheap and easy to replace if ever needed. As far as size goes, is it pretty much the same size as the SB? That's how it looks form the pictures. The size is not a deal breaker at all for me, but it's my only complaint of the SB.

Thanks Bigjim! I use the SB/PT with an enercell adapter so you can switch volts... 3, 5, 6, 6.5, 7 and 7.5. I had a video posted about it, but it got biffed. I'll posted it below.

GDub - pretty much the same size as the SB. It is just a hiar shorter (can barely notice) and a little smaller in diameter. Do you get your BE112s from BE? Looks like they ship directly from China. I got mine from indyvapor, but was looking around for other sources.

Bigjim - here's that vid:

GDub - pretty much the same size as the SB. It is just a hiar shorter (can barely notice) and a little smaller in diameter. Do you get your BE112s from BE? Looks like they ship directly from China. I got mine from indyvapor, but was looking around for other sources.

Yeah, I've ordered direct from Best E-Cig twice now, just about 1 week door to door provided you don't have customs problems. $15 to ship though, so be sure to order enough to make it worth your shipping costs.

Thanks for the video Brian! I'm really diggin' the PT capabilities of the SB! Is this the only device that can do that? I just might be sold!

Thanks for the video Brian! I'm really diggin' the PT capabilities of the SB! Is this the only device that can do that? I just might be sold!

There are other mods out there that have a PT option, but seriously the Mods built by Chad and sold on AltSmoke.com (SB, BB, Omega) are the highest build quality I've seen in any PV so far. If you're ready to buy a mod I can't recommend the SB enough, I'm assuming my Omega will be the same.

Great review Brian, and you're a natural on video! You should do more of this, it's a great help for people who haven't seen these devices. BigJim, you can believe what these guys say and if you get an SB or Omega you'll be in hog heaven. If you like the PT idea, go with the SB. Brian likes black, but I love the highly polished original silver personally. We can't question Brian's reviewer chops but I can dis his taste in PV finishes. harhar.gif At least the Omega comes in basic mirror.

I also have the (Black - sorry Dave, I think it's classier looking) Silver Bullet with the PT. I switch between batteries and PT off and on. Any time I am at the computer, I use the PT. This is absolutely a must have device. It's solid and vapes like a machine!! I still use my eGo because it's easier to carry around in a pocket when I'm up and about, but being able to switch between battery and PT makes the SB just plain amazing. I've only tried the SB at 6v a very few times, but it's great that I can any time I want. I couldn't be any happier with the SB. It's the perfect device as far as I'm concerned.

Nana I love to nag you guys for buying black when you could buy mirror; it's just my nature. I'm sure you understand. :D I certainly do believe that the SB is the ultimate vaping machine, and with its integral switch the Omega could only make that better. These are certainly the best value for the dollar out there, hands down. Regardless one's esthetic leanings. :)

There's hope for you Brian, there's hope. I even hold out hope for my dear friend nana! But Hey! - who really cares one way or the other. Well, I do, but who cares what I think? Well, I do, but who else? Nobody. Well, except you, maybe a little. Or not. Anyway, kudos to you Brian for the polished PT and DBSB! That's rockin. :)

I have to agree with what GDub said. :) I'm not aware of very many... the Indulgence... I think Puresmoker has one.

Good review Brian...you don't suck at it and should do more.

The Omega sounds like a great unit and something to definitely look into.

Who knows, maybe soon they'll offer it in BLACK.

Or possibly we can hold out hope that you will come to realize the true beauty of the black units, my dear friend Dave. :innocent:

Actually, my brother's Buzz is about the coolest looking PV I've ever seen - black and brass, and he uses gold band Joyes on it. Beautiful. But it's not an SB or Omega!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines