Cartomizers: Hard Vs Soft

Ok, so I go the the Vapor Talk store to find something to buy and I see "Soft Top 510 Model Cartomizers." Now, I just learned the difference between a cartomizer and an atomizer and now there is this???? Oy. So, I ask the more experienced and educated vapees, what is the difference in relation to the experience and the usage between a soft top and a hard top? Also, what area is this referring to on the cartomizer?

Edited by Melinda

My understanding is the soft top is removable, so its easy to refill the carto. The hard top is not removable so you have to drip through the batt connection end or use the condom method.

The soft top ones have a removable rubber plug for easier filling /refilling.The hard top ones are prefilled and while they can be filled/refilled it requires a lot more effort.VaporTalks hardtop carto's also do not fit the 510 power gear I am not sure what they do fit beside "Vapor Talk classic kits". Don't you dislike it when you have to figure out what it is?

Edited by mcquinn

The soft top ones have a removable rubber plug for easier filling /refilling.The hard top ones are prefilled and while they can be filled/refilled it requires a lot more effort.VaporTalks hardtop carto's also do not fit the 510 power gear I am not sure what they do fit beside "Vapor Talk classic kits". Don't you dislike it when you have to figure out what it is?

Yes, especially when the answers I get leave me with MORE questions....LOL! First off, thank you for your reply. Secondly, what is "power gear?"

My understanding is the soft top is removable, so its easy to refill the carto. The hard top is not removable so you have to drip through the batt connection end or use the condom method.

Er, um "condom method?" If you would be so kind to extrapolate on that technique I would greatly appreciate it......

", what is "power gear?"

Batteries,passthroughs and modsThere are so many different types of power and switches out there I go by the atty connecter.I use DSE 801 style power gear and I have adapters for DSE 901 and Joye 510 atties,which also cover Joye 510 cartomisers and KR808 cartomisers.