5V Boxmod Troubles

I purchased my first boxmod a week ago and in less than that it stopped working altogether-after blowing 3 attomizers. They exchanged it for a new one and this one only holds a charge 4 hours and then takes another 4 to recharge. I am using the batts that were recomended by the seller-14500-900 mah. It is also going thru attomizers like crazy. I am using regular joy 510 attys. One last problem is it leaks like a seive. I enjoy the 5v but is my boxmod experience the norm? I got it to try HV vaping before spending more money to get a joker or chuck and it has served that purpose. I am planning on buying a bigger mod soon. Any advice on my frustrating boxmod?

Who did you get the mod from?

You should be able to send it back again for a refund or exchange.Yea I know it's a PITA

It could be just a switch issue,do you have the means to test and repair yourself?

PV issues are,sadly,pretty common whether they're factory or handmade units.If you opt for a high end mod just research for the one

that suits you and also has a good rep on the forums.It's always a gamble but most of

the certified suppliers are customer service oriented.

Edited by joe2003

My expericne with 6V is that you will go through more attys. I had one last a month, then blew through a few in only a week. Got one now that's going on 3 weeks. Hit and miss. As for leaking, seems like I had quite a bit of leakage when I first went to HV, but it's not much of an issue any more. I guess over time you just figure out how much juice is just the right amount. Still happens occasionally, but not often. 510s will leak more when very hot, so if you're chain vaping it you probably run a higer risk of leaking.

In my honest opinion the 510 attys are not as well suited for 5v. The 801 is a much better choice at 5v, and in particular the Joye 302. The 302 has better airflow than the standard 801, and is not prone to leaking. At 5v I can drip 3 drops and get a decent number of hits before the taste goes foul. This of course is just my experience and opinion.

I purchased my first boxmod a week ago and in less than that it stopped working altogether-after blowing 3 attomizers. They exchanged it for a new one and this one only holds a charge 4 hours and then takes another 4 to recharge. I am using the batts that were recomended by the seller-14500-900 mah. It is also going thru attomizers like crazy. I am using regular joy 510 attys. One last problem is it leaks like a seive. I enjoy the 5v but is my boxmod experience the norm? I got it to try HV vaping before spending more money to get a joker or chuck and it has served that purpose. I am planning on buying a bigger mod soon. Any advice on my frustrating boxmod?

It sounds to me like the regulator is blown or not wired properly. I have had this happen to me a couple of times, with units I've purchse and built. If you have a multimeter, try testing it out, and that will let you know right away if the regulator is working or not. If it is, then it may be the break in.. It usually takes me a good 10 - 20 mins to break in a new 510 on HV. I start out with 3 drops, one puff, if it needs more juice, one drop at a time till I know it's wet. You have to take baby drags at once it is hitting, and allow a lot of cool down time before hitting it again. Once you start getting clouds out of it, then I keep it wet dripping only 2 drops at a time. It's a PITA, as I only get about 3 drags before dripping another 2 drops in, but it doesn't flood, and gives a good consistent vape.

Another idea, is trying the 510 cartomizers. They are tough, and can handle HV extremely well. I fill em up, throw a drip tip on em, and just keep em wet dripping 5 or 6 drops about every 10 - 15 hits, so not to burn the filler. They also have a really light draw, which helps get massive airflow past the coil, which in turn creates more vapor as Air and heat create vapor.

Hopefully this helps a bit!

If its only lasting 4 hours, they are building them wrong. The mods I make last up to 3 days on 2x14500's. And leaking? Means there is too many ways for air to enter/escape. I make sure connectors are completely sealed. Odds are that you got a mod with a bad regulator and its probably pushing 6-8V through... 7V+ will pop an atty almost immediately in my experience.

If you cant get it working, and are tired of dealing with the supplier, send it to me and I'll fix it for free. (You gotta pay shipping both ways)

Let me know.

Alan