Omega First 5 Min

truelove

Looks like a tapered version of the SB, with a button that appears to be very easy to go off in the pocket. Venting in the event of battery failure seems to be non existent. I wonder if there are any performance enhancements as well, in comparison to the SB? The review and specs will be interesting. I do not agree that a tapered body, mechanical switch and nickel plating is "innovation", if the performance and safety features have not been improved. That is my take, at least.

Looks like a tapered version of the SB, with a button that appears to be very easy to go off in the pocket. Venting in the event of battery failure seems to be non existent. I wonder if there are any performance enhancements as well, in comparison to the SB? The review and specs will be interesting. I do not agree that a tapered body, mechanical switch and nickel plating is "innovation", if the performance and safety features have not been improved. That is my take, at least.

i totally agree.

unless there is some type of twist-lock (which there doesn't seem to be since he was twisting the top in the video to no effect), it would not be pocket-friendly. in which case we have yet another pretty unit that will be sitting at home... which is what pass-throughs are for.

the omegas switch takes 2 pounds of pressure to engage and is actually safer than having the bb in your pocket from what ive heard.. the unit does have vent holes in the bottom aswell.. its no "joke" of a pv thats 4 sure, built to last

the omegas switch takes 2 pounds of pressure to engage and is actually safer than having the bb in your pocket from what ive heard.. the unit does have vent holes in the bottom aswell.. its no "joke" of a pv thats 4 sure, built to last

Looking forward to the full details, the SB is the Mack Truck of PVs I love that thing, I wouldn't expect anything less from Chad D.

It's up! Only $99.95.

Omega

yeah, and it is the same exact PV as the SB just with a tapered design, vent holes (nice!) and nickel plating. I love the SB and this is a nice "alternate" version but I stand by my comment that this is not innovation or anything remotely new. It is the same old, very sturdy and reliable SB in a new wrapper. Nothing wrong with that, except for the video above glowing about its innovation. It is a nice design upgrade and if like the SB, a very reliable and well made device.

hey, it's a beautiful device, and would expect it to be utterly indestructible like the SB... however, as a lifelong shooter, you on basically blow on a two pound trigger and it will go off.

2 pounds is nothing, especially in your pocket, and even more so withthe about of surface area there is to engage.

My Indulgence went down on me a couple of weeks ago, and with my Joker still away for warranty repair I needed a new PV, so since my wife's Silver Bullet is by far the most dependable and well built of all the PV's I've used I decided I'd just head on back to AltSmoke.com and pick one up for myself. I'll be the first to say the Silver Bullet is definitely on the large side for me, it doesn't fit very comfortably in my pockets and it's an attention grabber when used in public, still when it comes to a PV I think will be working 2 years down the road there's only one choice in my opinion and that is the Silver Bullet. So I checked out the Omega while I was there getting ready to place my order, did a few quick checks on the forums and Youtube and decided to just go ahead and get the Omega instead. I love the ability to fully disassemble the entire switch mechanism making it very user serviceable should the worst ever happen, but I have a feeling it will be just as dependable as the Silver Bullet we have here at home. I wish it was a little smaller, I just can't justify buying another PV that breaks down inside of 0-6 months, so I'm sticking with the one PV manufacturer that hasn't disappointed me yet. I'll post something when I get it.

Wow.......

Just watched some reviews on it. Fully disassemble-able mechanical switch. That is right up my alley!

I got to use a Silver Bullet for a little bit. I bought one for my father-in-law and got to try it out after I presented it to him for father's day. I bought him that one because of it's ease of use and proven reliability.

But this one, OMG! I'm gonna make plans to get one, provided that it doesn't sell out before I can get my hands on one!

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines