Cleaning The Atty?

So I've seen this mentioned before, and don't know what it's about? Why do you have to do it, and HOW do you do it? I ordered a couple of new atomizers a while ago, and now seem to be needing some help!

Patty

So I've seen this mentioned before, and don't know what it's about? Why do you have to do it, and HOW do you do it? I ordered a couple of new atomizers a while ago, and now seem to be needing some help!

Patty

You don't have to clean your attys, as many before me have said they are meant to be somewhat disposable. I clean my attys periodically (usually when I'm changing the flavor I use with it), but cleaning an atty can sometimes be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Many people will suggest you just blow them out with some compressed air (careful about the air duster cans, they contain a bittering agent to discourage inhalation abuse) or some will say they wash theirs out with hot water. I use a combination of the 2 techniques personally, generally blowing them out works fine, but every now and then I do boil my attys in distilled water then let them dry for about 24 hours before using them again.

i would clean it out with very hot water. and just run it through it. it will clean it out nicely. for just every now and then cleaning get a napkin and blow it in the napkin. like blow in the atomiser side not the battery side and then wipe off the threads and vape. but when you clean it out with water make sure you let it dry out. vape on!

I usually clean my attys out every couple of days. Just put a paper towel under the bottom where the threads go into the battery and blow into the top of the cap. It should get some of that build up out of there. I usually do this with new atomizers to get the primer juice out of there as well.

Patty

I got this advice direct from Janty USA.

I do find that the darker liquids seem to get more carbon buildup than the light colored ones.

They also warranty the Dura for 6 months.

They replaced the one that stopped working already.

Personally, I can't get one to last for more than 2 weeks.

Cleaning Attys.doc

Cleaning Attys.doc

Edited by Ray

Blowing for me is the BEST way to clean them. Sometimes though it's a good idea to boil them, but that didn't work for me for some odd reason. Either way, having extra atties help if ya feel like the vapor is going down

I don't think it's a good idea to boil them. Rather, I add maybe an 1/8th of a teaspoon of Heat N' Klean to about a cup of boiling hot water and let them set until the water is room temperature. Rinse repeatedly. Blow through both ends as much as possible and then dry burn the rest of the moisture out.

I'm currently cleaning the primer out of 2 new LR attys (after testing to see if they work and then removing the wicks, of course). No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get that nasty primer taste out. I think I have very sensitive taste buds or something. At any rate, the last atty I cleaned like this is my first LR atty and that was about 3 weeks ago. It is still vaping beautifully and all I do is turn it upside down overnight and then occasionally blow through the battery end when it's making that "gurgling" sound (flooded).

I think I've found what works for me :)

I think my first atty is finally going out. It lasted over a month! All I ever did was run hot tap water thru it every now and then, blow it out, and a short dry burn!

Do cartos have a wick like the atomizers do?

Hey patty--as you can tell its all trial, error and personal preference. for me personally, I don't do much. once in a while I will push the corner of tissue or papertowel into the open end of the atty and let sit for 10-15 minutes and call it good. my atty's last 1-2 months, which is about right for most atty's. I have had a couple last 4 months.

kitsune, I read a post you made somewhere about using that technique to help rid flavors from the atty. It does work pretty well, btw. Thanks for that :)