Joye 510 Vs Ego

gapeach4ever

I am looking to order some atomizers so I don't find myself without. Is the atomizer for the 510 and the eGo one and the same? What makes the difference in these 2 models? Is it the battery?

Also, I noticed that the 3 pack of atomizers is on back-order in the VaporTalk store. Just out of curiousity how much is that, does anyone know? Just so I can compare prices. Thanks for the help!

The eGo uses the 510 atomizers yes, the eGo battery (standard size will last you 8+ hours per charge. The MEGA eGo batteries closer to 12+ hours. Cut it down a bit if you use low resistance atomizer. (i do i do!)

Luke

The eGo uses the 510 atomizers yes, the eGo battery (standard size will last you 8+ hours per charge. The MEGA eGo batteries closer to 12+ hours. Cut it down a bit if you use low resistance atomizer. (i do i do!)

Luke

I may have to try one of these LR atomizers (atty?) I'm still learning the lingo. I don't know if I have the MEGA eGo batteries or not. I don't think so though, they are just what came with the kit. I only got my eGo's Sat morning but so far each battery has lasted me 24 hr and I thought I was vaping all day!

:thumbsup:

I may have to try one of these LR atomizers (atty?) I'm still learning the lingo. I don't know if I have the MEGA eGo batteries or not. I don't think so though, they are just what came with the kit. I only got my eGo's Sat morning but so far each battery has lasted me 24 hr and I thought I was vaping all day!

Oh my.. I wish mine lasted that long!! My regular ones last about 5 hours... and my Mega ones last about 8 or 9. :thumbsup:

When I first got my eGo, a 1 second drag was all I could handle and the battery lasted lots longer (16 hrs if I remember right). Today I'm a 4-5 second toker (lol) and the battery lasts 5-8 hrs dependent upon computer time or chores time. Mine are the regular sized batteries that came with the kit. Will get the XL ones soon tho I hope!

I love the eGo. I have 4 standard eGo batts and one of the mega batts, which just goes on and on and on.... Will no doubt buy another "meGo" batt in the future.

We've come a long way in just the 15 months or so since I hooked up with ecigs. When I think of the pitiful little 401 I started with.... HA

StringDancer, the 401 was the second device I purchased and I remember like the 3rd day the button got depressed and stuck down in my pocket. I couldn't get it to stop burning so I had to smash it on the ground.

I started out with a Joye 510, and thought it was great. I still switch between vapping and analog, but I'm trying hard to quit analogs completely.

However, I didn't get enormous amounts of vapor, and for whatever reason, I found myself hacking away at times.

Well, two days ago my new eGo arrived, and WOW.. what a difference!

GREAT vapor, much larger quatities, and it really doesn't make me hack nearly as much! It simulates smoking an anolog much more then the 510!

Unfortuanately, I JUST ordered new batteries, cartomizers, and atomizers for the 510! Well, I can use the atomizers with the eGo, but can't really use the batteries and cartomizers... but you know what? I really don't care!

It is SOOOO worth the extra money, for the great vapor, LOOOOONG battery life and overall pleasure I get using my eGo!

Thanks, Janty!

I can use the atomizers with the eGo, but can't really use the batteries and cartomizers... but you know what? I really don't care!

The cartos should be good as well, if not better on an ego. They should fit nice, I recommend replacing the cap if soft with a drip tip to extend it a little and you can drip into it to keep it moist and going. If no drip tip even a regular tip just to extend it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

I am new here and am just learning so I have LOTS of questions....lol!

You mentioned a "low resistance" addy. What are the benefits and draw backs to using a LR addy?

Melinda

Luke

Hi Luke,

I am new here and am just learning so I have LOTS of questions....lol!

You mentioned a "low resistance" addy. What are the benefits and draw backs to using a LR addy?

Melinda

Sorry - not Luke. But a low resistance atomizer when used with a 3.5 Volt battery will make the device "seem" like a 5 Volt device. Regular attys have a higher resistance (2.5-2.8 Ohms or so). So when you use an LR atty at 1.6-1.8 ohms, it will get hotter and the juice will get hotter. More like a 5V device on a regular atty. Its more like smoking whn it gets hotter but the atty will have a shorter life and you lose flavor. its all about the watts which I think is determined by taking squaring the volts and dividing by ohms.