? For Drippers

Is it just me or does anyone here ever occasionally get a drop or two hung up in a drip tip when dripping and then suck it into your mouth on you first hit after dripping??? That stuff is nasty if it aint in vapor form!!!! LOLwacko.gif OR....am I doing something wrong!?!?

Is it just me or does anyone here ever occasionally get a drop or two hung up in a drip tip when dripping and then suck it into your mouth on you first hit after dripping??? That stuff is nasty if it aint in vapor form!!!! LOLwacko.gif OR....am I doing something wrong!?!?

Happens to me all the time too. I found that a small puff of air gets it down enough. Just don't give it too much or it comes out the bottom and down your hand. Happens more often on my Joker and Xhaler, not so much with my 3.7 mods. Hope that helped a bit.

Happens to me all the time too. I found that a small puff of air gets it down enough. Just don't give it too much or it comes out the bottom and down your hand. Happens more often on my Joker and Xhaler, not so much with my 3.7 mods. Hope that helped a bit.

Happens to me too, and I second this post. Just a quick, gentle blow to push the liquid down a bit more.

Good! I thought I was a goober or something! LOL Yeah I learned quickly to just lightly blow on the tip. I still forget sometimes tho and get a straight shot of juice! It's good to know I aint the only one spittin from time to time! Thanks guys!

That's why I stopped using them and went back to my tail pipe cart mod. They worked good for me at 3.7V, but at 5/6v a lot more condensation seems to build up. I did find that holding it at an angle and flicking the tip a few times every now and then helped.

Still use them on cartos with no prob.

Edited by Brian

The same thing happens to me also! It seems like it happens just about every time I drip now. Yes, I have to lightly blow into the atty, and if there is ALOT of juice previously there, then it leaks out of the bottom and gets everywhere.

Here's a theory of what happens: If the physical size of the drop is the same size or larger than the hole, then it runs down the entire inner walls of the drip tip, and since the hole opens up abruptly into the larger atomizer chamber, the drop gets "stuck" and forms a blockage. Any more liquid will just stack on top of that one until the whole drip tip fills up!

Here's a theory of why I think it happens: It has everything to do with AIRFLOW. Try this. Disconnect your atomizer from your device and leave the drip tip connected. Put it to your mouth and mouth and inhale through it. This opens up the airholes at the threaded side of the atty. Now, hold the atomizer and place 3 drops in through the drip tip. It goes down right? Now connect and vape till the drops burn off. Now place three drops in through the drip tip with the atomizer still connected to the device. Did the drops get stuck? The same thing will happen if you take a thin straw( not a McDonalds straw, but one of those cheap bendy straws), hold it upright, and place your finger over the bottom end and cover up the hole. Now take a big drop of water and try to drip it into the straw. If the drop is bigger that the diameter of the straw, then it shouldn't make it's way down, but rather get stuck at the top. The air that the drop tries to displace cannot exit out of the bottom of the straw and has no where to go.

If your atomizer is gunked up with e-juice after using it all day, then chances are that the airholes in the bottom are also clogged- the air that the drops try to displace has no where to go.

Solution: The drip tips need bigger holes! I've heard the Super T Manufacturing has bored out their holes on all their newer drip tips, but I'm not sure about all the dozens of other suppliers out there who sell drip tips.

Let me know if I'm way off base with this!

Physics much? Haha. I never have the problem since I tend to blow it gently and make sure to not overfill. I have occasionally had "spitting" from a t-tip with a removed "bridge" atty. Really hot nasty tasting e-juice is worse.

Tech, you hit the nail on the head. They should at least open up more towards the bottom of the tip so the drop gets spread out thus decreasing the surface tension. I may try to do that to mine with a counter-sink drill bit and see what happens.

I pre-drip. My ego batt or whatever else I'm using I keep in a an eye glass reader case, a long oblong tube. When I'm done vaping, that's when I drip and then make sure the ego is standing straight up or in the case standing up. Gives it plenty of time to work down the sides of the tip if I missed. By the way, I use the tips from Minnesota something? A little bigger and sometimes I actually make it directly on to the bridge. If for some reason I'm going to not have time between drips, I pull the tip to make sure.

Its not just you. Happens to me also. Although, I like the taste of some liquids.:ice:

funny you should say this, Jeff; I find some flavors taste better than others when this happens. I also notice they all "burn" and are undesirable to swallow, so if you get some in your mouth it's best to spit it out!!