How Do You Use Menthol Crystals?

I got my big order in from vaporpro, including menthol crystals.

How do you use these?

I tried sticking them in the cart, I had to push the foam stuff in a lot (just two crystals).

Is this correct?

I don't think the crystals were meant to be used as is. I think you need to dissolve them in VG or PG and add to nicotine base (if you are using nic). I could be wrong, but I don't think solids vaporize very well.

Edit, yes I know solids don't vape.

Edited by BirdDog

yes, it should be dissolved and then combined with e-juice. I am not sure if PG will work, I always heard about using 100 proof vodka or something similar. I also have read that you can crush it to powder and add that to the juice. Personally, I have a bottle of liquid menthol concentrate (Decadent Vapours) that works perfect about 2 drops for every 1.5 ML of juice.

Dissolve in everclear or high-test vodka. Put some crystals in the container you want to keep your liquid menthol in, and add a drop at a time to to the crystals. It's amazing how little PGA you need to dissolve them.

I've tried dissolving in both VG and PG, and neither is a satisfactory solution. Just my experience.

Dissolve in everclear or high-test vodka. Put some crystals in the container you want to keep your liquid menthol in, and add a drop at a time to to the crystals. It's amazing how little PGA you need to dissolve them.

I've tried dissolving in both VG and PG, and neither is a satisfactory solution. Just my experience.

go with what dave said, I only read it, he DID it.

• 5 months later...

I'd like acronyms for $500 Alex,

The Answer: PGA

Question: What is PG Additive?

If not, call me a loser and please give me the correct answer.

I'd like acronyms for $500 Alex,

The Answer: PGA

Question:   What is PG Additive?

If not, call me a loser and please give me the correct answer.

PGA= Pure Grain Alcohol

No, I wont call you a loser lol

PGA= Pure Grain Alcohol

No, I wont call you a loser lol

Thanks Jeff,

It seems I'm experiencing more DUH moments as my body clenses itself from the additional 4000 chems in analogs. It's only when I see the right answers that I say to myself "You have two college degrees. How the hell did you manage to get them?"

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Recipe for Menthol drops - Standard Concentration

This is about the same concentration you get when buying ready made drops from a flavoring vendor

Place crystals in TWO baggies, one inside the other, removing as much air as possible.

Use a straight sided drinking glass/coffee mug or rolling pin, crush crystals as finely as possible.

Measure crystals, add 1 part crystals to 4 parts PGA (method 1), PG (method 3), or 50/50 blend of both (method 2). Use a glass container with tight fitting lid.

Method 1

With all PGA base, agitate until all crystals are disolved. Ready to use immediately.

Method 2

With 50/50 blend base, agitate until all crystals are disolved, will take longer than all PGA, may need to sit overnight, etc. until all crystals are disvolved. DO NOT HEAT.

Method 3

With PG base, set glass container in a basin of hot water, allow liquid to warm up, agitate, repeat until all crystals are disolved.

Safety Note: Be sure you are using FOOD GRADE pure menthol crystals, not aromatherapy grade, which may contain impurities!

• 3 weeks later...