Sad Day For Atomizers

So, today has been a let down thumbsdown.gif

Got all set for a nice sunday of vapin'. Been using 6v during the week, so I set up my SB with a new LR atty and fresh 3.7v battery, 3 drips of Midnight - excellent. Started to get dry...2 drops, and..........nothing. No heat, no vapor. Cleaned it out - nothing.

$10 atty for about 5 drags. fail. (at least those 5 were damn good).

Set up a new regular 510 @6v. worked great from about 11am till now. For some reason...its got this weird waxy-ish/plasticy after taste. I know its not the juice. I ran the atty under some almost boiling water. Cleaned well, its still there.

I'm down to one regular 510 left - don't want to bust that out quite yet, hoping this weird waxiness will go away. Anyone know the best place to get some 510's in bulk?

I've always had really good experiences with my atties lasting forever. Even my LR ones. I guess its all the good juju catching up to me to balance it all out. shiftyninja.gif

If anyone has any experience with this waxy type flavor, I'm all ears unworthy.gif

I hate bad equipment days !!!

1. waxy flavor--Check the edge of your carts--sometimes the edges melt when the atty is getting too hot or dry, that is usually the cause of weird or nasty flavors for me.

2. Are the atty's getting and/or staying too hot?? I have found at 6v My atty needs to cool down a bit more often. I have had atty's that I thought were dead, come back to life--mearly stunned..

3. Do you by chance have a mulitmeter??

i should have added I use drip tips on all my atties. The tips are fine. No signs of melting or deformation. I only drip, and don't use standard carts.

I've had the atties get horribly hot before - this is giving that waxy flavor on both 3.7 and 6v. I even set it down for about - oh...20 min or so. Still there.

I mean, I've accepted this atty may just be "bad" - I just personally haven't experienced this waxiness before.

And I indeed do have a MMeter. Guess I should pull it out of the garage.. lol

I know how you feel I went through two or three old favorites and two new ones in a couple of days not long ago.My problem was the liquid not my usual brand.

In all honesty when vaping high volts your better off using a 510 cartomizer than a 510. The ohms are a little higher so they are less likely to blow. I use cartomizers on my 5 volt unit : )

I'd would LOVE to love the 510 cartos, but I can't seem to get them to not taste like ***. I've filled one with ALOT of juice (top fill + the shake), let it sit overnight, and still tastes of burning filler. They look good and moist, 2-3 pulls, have a look inside, and its totally dry.

If there's a solution to that - I'd be an instant convert. I have another pack of blanks sitting. I'd love to hear from you carto lovers baby.gif

As far as the attys go, the LR is dead-dead. No reading from the multimeter. I dissected it, the heating coil is still in tact. First atty I've had that died that didn't pop in the traditional sense. iiam.gif

The other 2 510's with the waxy taste - still tasted bad, after

-dry burn

-hot water rinse and dry

-multiple sessions of blowing them out

Alas, I resorted to trying something new for me. Boiling. It seems to have worked out just fine. Boiled some water, pulled it off the heat, threw the atties in, swoosh them for about 1m - let em sit for about 5-6. Pulled them out - blew em out - let them sit to try about 20 min. Primed them up with some straight pg/vg mix, still had a slight hint of the waxiness. Dry burned them again, re primed. They working like champs again thumbsup.gif

I guess i'm not the only one having atty failures as of late. My main 510 atty is going on 3 1/2 months strong. Most of my others get similar life +/- a month. Thanks for the info, makes ya feel better when your not the only one lamenting dead equipment hrhr.gif

best place I have found for JOYE atties is puresmoker.com if you order 25, they are $5 each. I just placed an order yesterday, matter of fact. These are genuine and not knockoffs.

I killed 2 this weekend just putting them in a HV unit for 3 seconds, just to burn off some residue. Will never put another standard atty in a HV setup. Sorry to hear about your luck with cartos, I use them all the time in HV and while they will burn, it is always because I wasnt keeping them wet. Nothing to the degree that you described.

How do ya check with a meter?

Heres my multimeter recipe for 510 attys given to me by a fellow vaper:

here we go..first set your meter to 200 OHM the touch the red probe to the black probe and you should get a reading of 00.0 if you dont and you get something like 00.2 just subtract the # from the reading you will get from the atty. Ok put the RED probe into the small hole on the battery side and the Black probe into the small hole on the SIDE of the atty or on the thread you should get a reading of 2.2 - 2.9 thats a good strong atty if you get anything above 3.2 send it back..lol the lower the # the better

Now the battery is done the same way EXCEPT set the meter 20v in the DCV section RED to the metal (Dent) on the battery or if you have a Mega just put it on the end that connects with the atty and the Black try and put it on the little gold band You will need to have someone hold down the batt switch while testing ..A half charged battery should read 3.6 - 4.2.

this really has helped me alot--especially since I am fairly electronically challenged.