(Another) Battery Question

Here's the deal,so far I have bought 2 new 10440 batts for my 510 pt.I KNOW they're supposed to be a tight fit,but COME ON !!!!!!!!!!! I know I ordered the right batts,because the one that came out of it was a 10440(had to almost pry it out).Any words of wisdom anyone lmao? I really looooooove my pt.I reallyyyyyyyyyyyy wanna use it again !!!!!

Vari

Hey Variven, I've noticed in making my mods that the batteries do differ in size considerably. I think it may have to do with the protection circuit. Maybe someone else could clarify better.

The ones for the PT should be 320 mah. Any chance you got the 360 mah ones? The little blue ones that are 320 mAh are a little tight, but not to bad. I just tried to put a 360 mah (Spade battery) in a 510 PT and it won't go.

Thanks Mark and Bryan.I had a hopeful moment when I looked at the 2 new batts.They were 360,so I just gotta order the right batts right? Then I looked at the old batt that was in it. 360 MAH !!!!!!!!!!! ARGH !!!!!!!

I know some suppliers sell the batteries, but Cignot is the only one I was able to find it at just looking around real quick. Getting it from a supplier would ensure the correct battery. I know they're around other places also.

I'm wondering if maybe the 360 mah you had in there was unprotected? That would make it shorter than a protected 10440.

I dunno Bryan.On second look,one of the new batts is 600 mahs! Guess that one's out of the picture!!!! lmao.The other one reads-Ultrafire-10440 350mAH 3.7v-Protection Circuit.I had thought it was 360 but hubby says 350. Go figure lol.It really seems if I could shave some of the blue plastic off it would fit. But then we're back to that electrocution thing agin roflmao

I dunno Bryan.On second look,one of the new batts is 600 mahs! Guess that one's out of the picture!!!! lmao.The other one reads-Ultrafire-10440 350mAH 3.7v-Protection Circuit.I had thought it was 360 but hubby says 350. Go figure lol.It really seems if I could shave some of the blue plastic off it would fit. But then we're back to that electrocution thing agin roflmao

Ok - the 600 mah is just a misprint... it's really 360. It's the same battery used in the Spade, and it's to big for the PT.

Here's what you need:

My link

I know I've seen them other place, but can't for the life of me find them now. I also checked batteryjunction and allbattery and didn't see them. If I find them elsewhere, I'll post it.

I just checked and it's the same battery that the Joye/Janty Stick V3 uses.

Edited by Brian

I was just looking around and some suppliers are selling the Trustfire 10440 600 mah (really 360) battery for the V3. That's not what comes with it though.

@Jeffb - Thanks! :)

Is this what your original battery looks like? It says 360 mAh. Both of my 510 PT batteries say 320 mah and are exactly the same as my V3 battery. Cignot is a little cheaper. Heck, you may be better off just getting another PT.

Electronic Ash

The batteries that come in those do not have the protection circut board on the end,the battery box has the circut board to protect the battery .If you can fit them in it will not hurt to have the protected ones.