Nose Bleed

i am still cigarette free and love vaping but i have been bleeding nose when i blow my nose

does this happen to anyone eles after vaping? also i have been getting dizziness and a little short of breath.

i am wondering if i am vaping to much or useing to high of a nic juice. i use 24 nic and 6 nic and 16 nic and sometime no nic.

i want to use the no nic more but i have to really suck hard to get a hit. anyways any help would be nice. oh i use the joice 510 and a janty ego.

I'd say this is completely new to me. Do you exhale through your nose? If not, I don't think it's caused by vaping and if you do, I still don't think so. :) Pretty scientific, eh? The reason I say this is that vapor is generally warm and humid, which doesn't seem like it would cause mucus membranes to dry out to the point they'd bleed. If you exhale through your nose perhaps it could be due to a sensitivity to PG. If so, you could try changing your method to see if the nose bleeds stop. If they don't stop, see a doctor. Really.

Good luck!

I'd say this is completely new to me. Do you exhale through your nose? If not, I don't think it's caused by vaping and if you do, I still don't think so. :) Pretty scientific, eh? The reason I say this is that vapor is generally warm and humid, which doesn't seem like it would cause mucus membranes to dry out to the point they'd bleed. If you exhale through your nose perhaps it could be due to a sensitivity to PG. If so, you could try changing your method to see if the nose bleeds stop. If they don't stop, see a doctor. Really.

Good luck!

hi i have a doctor apointment on tusday morning and i will ask him about my nose bleed.

what do you mean sensitivity to PG? what is pg?

hi i have a doctor apointment on tusday morning and i will ask him about my nose bleed.

what do you mean sensitivity to PG? what is pg?

Propylene glycol

"The oral toxicity of propylene glycol is very low, and large quantities are required to cause perceptible health damage in humans. Serious toxicity generally occurs only at plasma concentrations over 1 g/L, which requires extremely high intake over a relatively short period of time."

Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

Lot of good info there :)

Propylene glycol

"The oral toxicity of propylene glycol is very low, and large quantities are required to cause perceptible health damage in humans. Serious toxicity generally occurs only at plasma concentrations over 1 g/L, which requires extremely high intake over a relatively short period of time."

Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

Lot of good info there :)

ok well i am still not sure what you mean enless the juice is pg and if so then can you or someone tell me where i can get other juice with out the PG in it. thank you

There are many suppliers that have VG based juices as well (vegetable glycerin) may I suggest that you click the VT certified suppliers list (top of the page) and check out some of the sites there for VG based juices, if youd like to try that instead of the PG based ones. Some people are sensitve to the PG. I'd drop some names of places but I'm a supplier (I don't carry VG juices by the way, just trying to help) and I can't really post links myself being a supplier. If you'd like to PM me I'd be more than happy to direct you to a few good sites I know for VG based juices. Good luck!

Luke

Please make sure you hydrate when vaping, very important.

went to Doctor yesterday and he and his nurse was thrilled to hear i stoped smoking and asked me what or if i had used anything

to help me. i pulled out my e-cigs and juices he had already heared about e-cigs and said he felt it was good if it stoped me from smoking but he was a little concered about the e-juice not knowing what was in it besides nic. anyways i told him about my breathing and nose bleeds he checked my lungs and said sound real good and as far as nose bleed he said to drink more water my nose was dry and skin so for me to hydrate and that is what i did and no nose bleed. he took some notes looking at the bottles of juice i think he was writeing the names down like vapor talk . he was real happy and i went home happy knowing my lungs sounded good .oh also the dizzyness he felt was because of me not drinking enough water and i beliveit cause after i came home and drank more water i felt good.

PG ( propylene glycol) is a humectant. It absorbs water from the air. So the result from vaping is the drying out of our body. This is why drinking liquids and staying hydrated when vaping is important.

i felt good.

Yeah!!! Now there might be some more "side" effects. They shouldn't be ignored, but I know I had a sore throat, I was coughing but a productive cough and there were other things than came and went. But again, don't ignore just in case. I believe wordupecig carries VG juices anda 50/50 mix and there are so many more out there that do. I like wordup because of the sample pack, 5 5ml bottles of juice for $21, and free shipping so you can really experiment.

Props to Luke!

went to Doctor yesterday and he and his nurse was thrilled to hear i stoped smoking and asked me what or if i had used anything

to help me. i pulled out my e-cigs and juices he had already heared about e-cigs and said he felt it was good if it stoped me from smoking but he was a little concered about the e-juice not knowing what was in it besides nic. anyways i told him about my breathing and nose bleeds he checked my lungs and said sound real good and as far as nose bleed he said to drink more water my nose was dry and skin so for me to hydrate and that is what i did and no nose bleed. he took some notes looking at the bottles of juice i think he was writeing the names down like vapor talk . he was real happy and i went home happy knowing my lungs sounded good .oh also the dizzyness he felt was because of me not drinking enough water and i beliveit cause after i came home and drank more water i felt good.

Dehydration is a vapers worse enemy.Glad to hear you are feeling better, and that your lungs ( after all the abuse of analogs) sound good. As for you juice may I suggest 99Vapors.com. All of their juices are 100% VG ( get away from the PG just in case that is causing any problems)and thier customer service is beyond excellent. Their shipping is very reasonable, their response time is excellent ( from Houston Texas to New Hampshire in 3 days). The flavors are excellent from single flavors (Coffee, Pomegranate, Watermelon) to complex flavors ( Bayou Blend, Shivas Tea, Raspberry Espresso Truffle).

Sorry I seem to have rambled on about them, I almost sound like a salesman.... In short great flavors, great company.

I'm just like you. I get nosebleeds often. It's all usually attributed to the weather. When its dry, I get them everyday. I've never been able to link vaping to nosebleeds. One of these days I'm just going to get that capillary in my nose cauterized so I don't have to deal with it anymore. Yes, water helps. Stay hydrated!

Yup I get nose bleeds quite often. I exhale through my nose all the time and have not noticed a major difference. If you notice the blood is light red then the bleeding is coming via the bottom of your nose. A little Vaseline will help. What really helps me believe it or not is placing a bowl of water next to my bed. Someone gave me this advice a long time ago and believe it or not it works.

If you notice the blood is dark and seems to becoming from the top end of your nose (closest to your eyes) this can be a sign of high blood pressure.

For now however I'd suggest exhaling through your mouth and drinking lots and lots of fluids. (Good fluids IE water)

PG (Propylene Glycol) is the primary ingredient in E Liquid and it's known to dry out the skin.

I always have a glass of V8 V-Fusion next to me when I vape heavy.

get my serving of vegetables and fruits, all while vaping. :thumbsup:

being off analogs, I think, is making me health conscious. who would have thunk it... :lol:

V8 V-Fushion is awesome!!! I'm still not very health conscious, but I guess I am more so than when I was smoking.

Good call on the V8 juice. :thumbsup:

Wow! I learn something every day here on VT! I had a nose bleed this am! First one in at least 20 years! Was wondering why til I got home and read this! Getting a big glass of ice water rite now! thumbup.gif

this happened to me alot when i started vaping.

Vaping is one way to make sure you get your 8 glasses a day harhar.gif

Just stay hydrated, and all shall be well - VG or PG/VG based juices or adding some VG to most juices make a huge difference for me when feeling dried out, YMMV.

I can't say that i can directly attribute my nose bleeds in the past to vaping and that's because I've had them all my life and just learned how to deal with them. I used to get them in the middle of the night, and it would wake me up immediately. But now that I'm older, and have to rely on a CPAP machine for my sleep apnea, the humidity the machine produces works so well in my favor; it keeps my nasal passages from drying out. It's only during like the winter when the humidity is so low, and about half an hour after i take the mask off, i'll get a nose bleed from dry air.

I usually don't xhale through my nose, so i'm probably not getting dried out from that, but I can see how the PG will dry you out if you do blow it through your nose. But, its vapor, shouldn't that in itself keep your nasal passages moist anyhow?

I had that problem and then I sanded my finger nails!! just kidding...sanding didn't work...

From a fav show..."Remember Ralphie, if your nose starts to bleed it either means you've been picking your nose too much...or not enough."

V8 V-Fushion is awesome!!! I'm still not very health conscious, but I guess I am more so than when I was smoking.

Good call on the V8 juice. :thumbsup:

This stuff is a LIFESAVER for young kids that wont eat vegetables. My son goes through 3 bottles a week.