"cylindrical" 18650?

It looks to me like "cylindrical" batteries don't have the little nub on the positive terminal. I could be wrong, and please correct me if so. I'm at all-battery.com doing some shopping and here's what I'm looking at, 18650s:

18650s

Will these cylindrical batts work in a normal, everyday mod? I think Woody's positive terminal looks like it stands proud enough to make contact even if these don't have the little nub, but just want to make sure. Also, any opinion on the high-mah batts?

Thanks!

Hey Dave I use the Tenergy 18650's in my Silver Bullet and they work good. I would recommend you try the High Drain AW IMR18650 3.7V batts.

I use the UltraFire 2400mAh 18650's and they do a great job.They are kind a big 2 3/4" long.I have never run one down yet I just use one for two or three days then go ahead and charge it.

It looks to me like "cylindrical" batteries don't have the little nub on the positive terminal. I could be wrong, and please correct me if so. I'm at all-battery.com doing some shopping and here's what I'm looking at, 18650s:

18650s

These one's look good. The cylyndrical reference is just what the battery shops refer to as for the shape (as they also sell square types for cell phones etc.). The different manufacturers either include the protuding nub on top, or not.

Will these cylindrical batts work in a normal, everyday mod? I think Woody's positive terminal looks like it stands proud enough to make contact even if these don't have the little nub, but just want to make sure. Also, any opinion on the high-mah batts?

I love the high mah batteries. I use the Trustfire 3000mah 18650's in my Silver Bullet, and they last about 2 1/2 days. They take about 8 hours to recharge, but well worth it. Just get 2 or more and you are set!

Thanks!

Edited by Hawk

Well since I couldn't find the IMR18650s at all-battery I ended up with regular ole protected ones. They're 2600 mAh, though so I shouldn't have to change them very often. :D And I got a charger that will do both 19850s and RCR123s, so now I'll have a spare charger for the RCR123s. Backups have been on my mind a lot lately, and worrying about not being able to charge batteries has been an issue. At least now I have a backup charger for one battery type. It really never ends, does it?

Well since I couldn't find the IMR18650s at all-battery I ended up with regular ole protected ones. They're 2600 mAh, though so I shouldn't have to change them very often. biggrin.gif And I got a charger that will do both 19850s and RCR123s, so now I'll have a spare charger for the RCR123s. Backups have been on my mind a lot lately, and worrying about not being able to charge batteries has been an issue. At least now I have a backup charger for one battery type. It really never ends, does it?

Dave, do you not have Google on your computer? :lol:

Nhaler & Clouds of Vapor have the IMR18650's

Sorry Jeff, I was also ordering a boatload of batteries for our solar yard lights, and that place had the best price I'd been able to find, like 69c each. So I wanted to order from them and just sucked up my own issue to get it done... I'm a slave, I admit it. :D I did find those batts a number of places but none of them for whatever reason had batteries that seemed like my solar cells would be able to charge them. Kind of convoluted reasoning, but that's what came down. ;)

Edit: Actually, I'll be ordering some stuff from NHaler for my son, so I'll see about snagging a couple IMR18650s then. See? That worked out perfectly.

Edited by ddavelarsen

No Dave, it never really ends. There are always more backups to buy, new units to try, new juice to try, more spare parts...and on and on and on. Good thing we all enjoy this so much, huh?