Janty Ego?

So, I was just looking around, reading up on vaping and whatnot, I like to be informed. Anyway, I came across the Janty eGo, and was reading about it, Im really interested. The only eCigs Ive used are the Blu, which I did not enjoy at all, and now Im using my 510, which, as it is for everyone, has worked out great for me.

Anywho, I guess what I was wondering was what kind of attys does the eGo use? I was considering eventually getting a Janty Stick, so I could try out using penstyle attys, but then I saw the eGo. I was interested. A bit of info from some eGo users would be very appreciated. THANKS!!!

Hey Lost, the Ego takes a 510 atty. The big difference from your normal 510 "stock" batteries and the ego is the battery life. 1-1/2 hours for the regular and 8 to 10 hours for the ego. I started vaping on a new ego battery at 7 am this morning and it just now died---11 hours later!!!

I currently use an eGo/Tornado and the Blu e cig was one of the first devices I used.

For starters, let me tell you there is a monumental difference with these two electronic cigaretes. I'm not going to break this one down, but quality wise, the Blu e cig is a dried out turd sitting in my backyard and the eGo/Tornado is a mouth watering, moist, juicy steak topped with a seasoned buttery drizzle. (lol I crack myself up)

The eGo/Tornado uses the same 510 atomisers as any other 510 unit. The 510 units, being the most popular and widely used devices out there, makes the eGo/Tornado an excellect universal choice.

But here's a nice addition; the eGo/Tornado is capable of using Low Resistance Atomizers which simulate a higher voltage vaping experience, closer to 5v rather than the standard 510 3.7v.

If you are considering picking one of these bad boys up, I highly recommend these units.

Doh! Mark you robbed me! Haha ^_^

Edited by SickDripzz

I'll throw my opinion in here....I love my eGo!! Although I don't get as many hours out of my eGo batteries as Mark does, they do last a whole lot longer. I always got at least 6 hours out of the batteries, but now (over 3 months of using them) I'm only getting about 4 hours part of them time. I'm not complaining because even 4 hours is a lot better than the 1 to 1 1/2 hours I was getting out of my regular 510. That was in the beginning. After 3 or 4 months I was only getting about 45 minutes out of them. So, I'm still very happy with eGo batteries.

The unit as a whole is just a perfect fit in my hand, looks very classy, batteries last a long time, and with the low resistance attys...what a powerhouse of vapor!!!! You just can't go wrong with the eGo. Or Tornado. I have both batteries.

As a bonus, if you'd like to try it first, you can order one battery, a cone, and an adapter (from Totally Wicked) and try it before you buy more. That's how I started. I never did get a kit. I ordered a couple of batteries and the adapter (which you have to have to charge the eGo battery on your regular 510 charger) and later got more adapters, the usb charger, and more batteries. It's just a cheaper way to start out or to just give it a try.

I'm getting one just because the battery means you will end up with good voltage for a long while on the LR attys. I Should have jumped on the TW tornado for $60. Good for parts at the least. May do what nana says anyway, cone, battery just to try.

We love our eGo. It is a solid performer that has it all. Very small for such good battery life and is built very well. I like it because you load up a freshly charged battery and a bottle of juice and your g2g for the whole day. No more planning your day around swapping out batteries and having to carry spare batteries and chargers.

It is basically all you could really want in an e cig other than being hv. If you crave hv later on I hear lr attys work well with the eGo.

Same story here, blue to 510 to ego

I think the eGo is better for 2 reasons, battery life but it also gives out a closer 3.7 volt than the standard 510 battery does. What this means is that the atty will get a bit warmer and produce more satisfying vapor. This is my experience at least. Size was a concern for me and the ego fits in my shirt or pants pocket discreetly. I think it is the best on the go device available.

I should edit my post. I got 11 hours out of my ego but I do switch between 3 different devices throughout the day. So I guess I actually get about 4 to 5 hours out of my ego (I vape fairly heavy). Hope this helps, You can't go wrong with the ego imo. :thumbsup:

I just rec'd my new Janty Ego kit yesterday. I had been using the Joye 510 since Jan '09, and since I was having to buy replacement parts, I decided to try the Ego after reading this thread and the one review here in the store. It's great, and it does have better vapor production than the 510, which was good. I recommend this model! :thumbsup:

Patty

So, I was just looking around, reading up on vaping and whatnot, I like to be informed. Anyway, I came across the Janty eGo, and was reading about it, Im really interested. The only eCigs Ive used are the Blu, which I did not enjoy at all, and now Im using my 510, which, as it is for everyone, has worked out great for me.

Anywho, I guess what I was wondering was what kind of attys does the eGo use? I was considering eventually getting a Janty Stick, so I could try out using penstyle attys, but then I saw the eGo. I was interested. A bit of info from some eGo users would be very appreciated. THANKS!!!

I started with a junky two piece E-cig (Smoketip)almost four weeks ago. I like vaping, I just wasn't happy with the performance of it.After a week and a half I went looking for a replacement. Then I got the Tornado(same thing as a ego just an UK Company) I really like it, I mean I really really like it. The battery life span on one charge is amazing, I get 24 hours on one charge, and I was a 1 pack a day smoker for 20 years. The vapor production is just as amazing as it's battery life. Not to mention it's sleek looking and lightwieght. The carts are easy to fill. All in all it is a excellent unit. But that's just my two cents.

Sean

I got my Janty eGo a couple days ago, and I'm loving it. It's all the earlier posters have said it is.

I'm wondering about the time it takes to recharge a batt, though. It's claimed to recharge in 1.5 to 2 hours. But using the wall plug, it takes mine several hours, like 5-6 or so. I would think plugging it into AC rather than a USB port would be best, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Just switched it over to a spare 2.0 USB port to see if it cuts down on the recharge interval. Report to follow.

Just switched it over to a spare 2.0 USB port to see if it cuts down on the recharge interval. Report to follow.

AC charger with a USB outlet I think is the way to go. I'm just starting down the ego path...have to TW adapter to charge on the 510 charging units.

I recently got my Tornado from Totally Wicked... I just bought a battery, cone, and charger to make sure I like it. And I definately DO like this bad boy! It's a beast with the LR atty's too! Doesn't get much better... and it's such a piece of art and pleasing to the eye. I suppose I will be buying myself another battery or two for it now... although when I charge my one and only I just grab one of the other countless PV's I seem to have laying around! Sad really. :thumbsup:

ok as for the eGo , what can i say that hasent been said , i guess the only thing is that you'll be more likely to share it . i mean people will see it and ask what it is and youll explain like we always do and they will love the eGo because its so well made and you will have basicly saved the person you are showing about 60- 80 buck. cause they will want to buy that as there first kit and not some cheap e0cig so all points taken , buy the eGo you'll love it and everyone you show will love it . and you'll do a world of good with it

I recently got my Tornado from Totally Wicked... I just bought a battery, cone, and charger to make sure I like it. And I definately DO like this bad boy! It's a beast with the LR atty's too! Doesn't get much better... and it's such a piece of art and pleasing to the eye. I suppose I will be buying myself another battery or two for it now... although when I charge my one and only I just grab one of the other countless PV's I seem to have laying around! Sad really. :thumbsup:

Ya- it is one cool mule!!!! Others are now backups...

I'm picking me up some soon as Janty or TW comes out with a decent case for it. (need case while at work)

thought of going Tornado route just because I heard of the TW logo on the tip and like that idea better then the "J" on the Ego. (also Tornados seem actually be in stock, unlike the Ego at the moment)

would it be possible for you to post a pic of the tip of your Tornado? Thanks.

I'm picking me up some soon as Janty or TW comes out with a decent case for it. (need case while at work)

thought of going Tornado route just because I heard of the TW logo on the tip and like that idea better then the "J" on the Ego. (also Tornados seem actually be in stock, unlike the Ego at the moment)

would it be possible for you to post a pic of the tip of your Tornado? Thanks.

Warranty much better on Janty....

I got my Janty eGo a couple days ago, and I'm loving it. It's all the earlier posters have said it is.

I'm wondering about the time it takes to recharge a batt, though. It's claimed to recharge in 1.5 to 2 hours. But using the wall plug, it takes mine several hours, like 5-6 or so. I would think plugging it into AC rather than a USB port would be best, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Using the wall charger, it takes me anywhere from 4 to 6 hours to charge a battery. Using the usb charger, it takes me 2 hours. I got the usb charger from TW that is made just for the tornado/eGo battery, so I figured it would be fine to use it. I've heard that when you use the usb charger, the charge on the battery doesn't last as long, but I haven't timed that to know for sure.

I've used the usb charger exclusively with my eGo and haven't had any problems with battery life. I get around 10 hrs... and I'm a heavy vaper! Used to smoke 2+ packs a day of the analogs, so I put it through it's paces.

When my batteries were new I only got about 8 hours out of them. Not that they are older it's more like 4 or 5. If it was ever a shorter time when I used the usb charger, it must not have been enough for me to notice. Nice to know you got that long with the usb charger. That must mean I heard wrong.

:innocent: