Ego Charger Manual Or Help?

This may be the wrong area for this topic but I have noticed that my eGo's are taking over 6 hours to charge of the rapid USB charger. I bought a second eGo kit as a gift and tried that charger, 8 hours as well. I have a total of 4 batteries, 2 tornado and 2 eGo and they are all over 6 hours to charge. Today, I took my battery and charger to work to see if it could be the power source in my home. I am now at hour 4 wathing the charger and it is still not green.

I did notice that the charge will be solid red, solid red with a flash of green and then solid green. Does anyone have the eGo manual and can tell me what the red with flash of green is? I am now wondering if that means charged but now on trickle charge and green is completely full.

Any insight would be cool. The 6 hours is not really a bother to me but it is driving me crazy to know that something is not working as I expected and I do not know why!!! :2guns:

Moved to Help it Broke- Technical Issues Forum :)

Do you have access to a multimeter? Maybe you can measure the voltage to determine if the battery is fully charged. My charger does the same thing as yours at times. The light is still red after charging all night. As soon as I pick up the charger the light turns green. iiam.gif

Best I can recommend is what jeff suggested. Either test it with tools or see how long the charge lasts with time.

I have heard of this problem with a handful of people... Yet to come across it myself although I have an fresh eGo kit in the mail; we'll see.

Also make sure the battery is screwed all the way down not just to the point the LED flashes. Most warranty issues are the battery button not normally the charger. I think you purchased from our store so if they both still don't work send the chargers back and we'll replace them :)

Mine does the exact same thing. Wall charger takes between 6 and 8 hrs to charge, but if I plug directly into the computer, it only takes 2 hours. I'm not real concerned about it, as long as they're charging, I'm good. :) My only concern was Christopher's comment in the other thread about only using the wall adapter and not plugging directly into the computer. I'm assuming that was not what was meant (?) My assumption is that it's supposed to be quick charging regardless of whether or not you're using the adapter or not. (not that you should only use the adapter)

As a side note (but still related to ego charging)... could they have possibly made that cord any shorter?!?!