What Suppliers Have To Put Up With From Some Folks !

Guys and Gals-

I really don't know where to begin on this e-mail string it's a very sad thing that happens

to us suppliers from a small few of individuals from time to time. I think this should be out in the open for a

debate on how suppliers should not be treated !

It has to stop....... I decided to post this and let all of you see for yourselves how some customers

act no matter what we do THREATS START COMING OUT !!! AND IT HAS TO STOP !!!!

THE BULLYING TACTICS HAVE TO STOP THEY DONT WORK and its not right !

I was not going to post this but since my name got mentioned ........this whole email string was sent

to all of us (Dietsmokes.com and Vaportalk.com) I have the right to do so and i think all of you should see

what we have to put up with.

I have taken out the Customers name and email for privacy purposes i replaced it with

john doe(took out for privacy)

(((((((( HOW IT SHOULD HAVE WENT DOWN))))))))))))

This customer bought a passthrough from vaprlife 5 months ago he has loved it and even did a outstanding

video review of the device back in november .

Well 2 days ago it broke and he realized his 90 day warranty has come to end since he has had the product of total of 5 months

2 months overdue.

The team and vaprlife let this customer know that indeed is warranty ended and that if he wanted it fixed he could buy the

"repair service" from vaprlife

This was put in place for customers that went beyond there original warranty and want a item fixed the cost is $35.00

no questions asked you send it to us we send it back fixed ! problem solved

That should have been it done, and over RIGHT !!!! NO !!!!!

I will let all of you see what unfolded next with the email string below

Emails from start to finish

Thanks

Parked

-- On Tue, 5/4/10, john doe(took for privacy) <xxxxx@earthlink.net> wrote:

Subject: Please HELP Jeso!!! Vaprlife USB PT

To: xxxxxx@yahoo.com

Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 1:42 PM

Dear ;

I purchased one of your Vaprlife USB PT’s(which I absolutely LOVED) from Vapor talk store back on November 2009( 5 short months ago) . It failed unexpectedly last night. Here is the ticket I sent to VaporTalkStore:

Subject: Dangerous switch malfunction on VP PT

Order # 62, Code PTGR510 VP USB Passthrough Vaprlife. This WAS my go to device for nightly home use for the past 5 months. I'm a bit upset that the device malfunctioned so quickly after warranty period and the way in which it malfunctioned. The switch(for no apparent reason I can discern) suddenly shorted in the closed(ON)position. The 1st thing I noticed was the LED stayed on after I released the button(*there was also no off click from the switch). I wasn't sure what was happening at first(also it was plugged into the 2amp wall adapter, which still works fine). By the time I realized what was going on, the 510 atty was red hot , the cart partially melted(causing hot eliquid to drip down onto my hand). Before I could unplug the PT, my atty finally popped(another $12 down the drain). The situation now is the PT switch is shorted in permanent ON(closed) position(DANGEROUS!!). It technically still works(i.e LED lights up when plugged in and power is delivered to atty connector) but the only way to use it is to screw then quickly unscrew an atty between vapes(which is unacceptable and dangerous). Again, I'm quite upset as I LOVE!!! this device and now I'm out $80 so shortly after the warranty. Please tell me you guys will make this OK. And please tell me this is not a known switch issue and will continue to occur repeatedly. Thank you.

If this were over a year from date of purchase, I would have no problem with sending this back & paying the $35 for the repair. But a mere 60 days after the warranty expires??? The other thing that truly scares me is that there is nothing that assures me that this won’t happen again in another couple of months(i.e I thought this thing had a resettable fuse to prevent this type of thing from occurring?????). I really LOVE this device, but I kind of feel taken at the moment. I’ve never had a e-cig device(even a cheap Chinese product) fail so quickly. Please tell me, as I asked VTStore, that you can do something to remedy this situation without me having to buck up almost 50% what I paid for the device, for a repair. Thank you.

john doe(took for privacy

====================================================================================

====================================================================================

-----Original Message-----

From: Customer Service - xxxxxx.com [mailto:xxxxx@yahoo.com]

Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 3:41 PM

To: john doe(took for privacy

Subject: Re: Please HELP Jeso!!! Vaprlife USB PT

Hello-

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Naturally we can understand and sympathize

with your frustration over the failure of your unit.

As stated on our website-

All VaprLife units are warrantied for (90) days

from original date of sale to the original owner only-

and are non-transferable

If your unit is currently out-of-warranty-

and requires repair-

We recommend that you purchase the Repair Service

offered on our website for all out-of-warranty units.

The cost of the repair service also includes priority shipping

of the unit back to it's owner.

When sending your unit in for repair-

Please ship to the following address:

Vapxxxxxx

xxxx xxxxx Dr

xxxx,xxxx xxxxx8

Please feel free to email again if you should

have any other questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Mary

Customer Service

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday-Friday

11am-6pm EST

====================================================================

====================================================================

From: john doe(took for privacy [mailto:xxxxxx@earthlink.net]

Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 4:03 PM

To: 'Customer Service - VaprLife.com'

Cc: 'Support'

Subject: RE: Please HELP Jeso!!! Vaprlife USB PT

Thanks for you quick response Mary;

Obviously, it was not the response I was looking for as I not only lost my PT but an atty as well as a burn on my hand(the internal fuse did not function).

I will wait for the ticket response from VaporTalkStore. As it is now I’m out $92(the $80 PT plus a $12 atty )

From your website it states a $28 repair charge plus $6.95 shipping(plus the shipping I would have to incur to get the PT to you), So about $40 for the entire repair. That would be $132 for one PT in, barely, a 5 month period. What do I get for the $132, is the repair warrantied??? I would hope for longer then the original 90 day period???

Can you begin to see why this is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth as the numbers become clearer to you?

Also, how long is the repair going to take?? Is the unit user-serviceable with some advice from your end or am I forced to pay for the repair process??

If you could please provide me with answers to these additional questions so I can make a more informed decision as to how I will, ultimately, handle this situation.

Again, thank you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx john doe(took for privacy

=========================================================================

=========================================================================

--- On Wed, 5/5/10, john doe(took for privacy <xxxxxx@earthlink.net> wrote:

Subject: FW: Please HELP Jeso!!! Vaprlife USB PT

To: xxxxx.life@yahoo.com

Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 12:50 PM

Hello:

I haven’t heard back from you in regards to the queries in my previous email. If you could please provide the extra information I requested, it would be appreciated & help me make a decision as to repair.

Thank you.

John Doe

============================================================================

From: Customer Service - VaprLife.com [mailto:xxxxxx.life@yahoo.com]

Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 1:20 PM

To: john doe

Subject: Re: FW: Please HELP Jeso!!! Vaprlife USB PT

joh doe-

If this is what you think of VaprLife products-

then you obviously have no need to business with us.

Please be so kind as to take your business elsewhere-

.....preferably to China- and the shame.... is yours.

================================================================

WOW!!! Pride in American Made??? NOT!!!

I just learned a powerful lesson a minute ago. This will be the last time I pay any kind of premium for "USA made" junk. Prompted by WillyB's switch post, I just took apart my malfunctioning $80 Vaprlife VP PT. Dietsmoke's, Vaprlife and Vaportalkstore; you should all be ashamed of yourselves. There cannot be more then , LITERALLY, $6 worth of components(especially at wholesale cost) in the whole device. It's a USB wire(surrounded by a tightened, cut-off, twist-tie so it doesn't pull through the plastic casing) , an LED, a cheap tact switch, and an 801 atty connector all held in the cheap metal/plastic case by a tiny hex screw.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

Eighty dollars, EIGHTY DOLLARS!!!!! down the drain. & they want another $40(with shipping) to fix it(i.e. replace a $1.79 retail tact switch).

Never again.

GO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone ever spends a premium again for a passthru just because it's USA made, you should have your head examined.

===============================================================

===============================================================

Thanks Mary for the response. I will now be contacting the consumer protection division of the office of Andrew Cuomo(NY State Attorney General) as well as the BBB of Upstate NY.

Believe me, the shame(and legal liability) is YOURS using “USA Made” as a advertising gimmick to sell such a shoddy, uncertified electrical device, then offer to “repair service” such product, after it dangerously fails for 6 times what it is worth; Then trying to use an open, public forum posting to deny said “repair service”; the shame is definitely yours. I’m sure your product liability insurance provider, if you have one, does not approve. I will also be forwarding this to your business partners. I’ve tried to be open and fair about this whole thing until I actually took apart the unit and saw the completely dangerous and shoddy production for myself. Any further communication from you will be deemed harassment at this point. And I have saved the entire email string. I’ve, at this point had it with being ripped by unregulated, unlicensed, non FCC certified e-cig “modders”, manufacturers and distributors. Good Day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

99.9% of all of my customers are great. But the .1% of you guys are a problem.

The End !!!!

That's extremely messed up. It's the same with any warranty; if I buy a car and it's warrantied to 100,000 miles and it breaks on 115,000 miles that's just the way it goes. If he wasn't happy with the warranty length, he never should of bought the unit. Everything in regards to vaprlife's warranty and repair service seems very reasonable to me.

Well I suppose this is an interesting way for customers to see the other end of things. I'm aware of this customer and had it not been for the rude tickets we received (this isn't the first time) I probably would have sent one of the extra PT's we had laying around. In fact I think this was the same customer who mass emailed 6 suppliers demanding we drop Janty products I believe because USPS delayed his order. (Not the supplier)

Threats on multiple levels just isn't the way to go around doing things. This particular person has cursed out staff members here on the board as well. And calling the Attorney general? Great that's just what the community needs. I think that may be a little extreme but I suppose if that makes you feel better. Vaprlife works hard to create well built models and we have hundreds of happy customers all aware of the 3 month warranty which is much longer than any supplier would offer on Chinese products. I'm sure members here can attest that anytime a unit is under warranty we send out an RMA asap. Simply sending in the product for repair would have completely refurbished the unit.

I know personally just this week alone we've had customers curse us out due to units not "creating vapor" only to find out they didn't know how to use the unit correctly. We're more than happy to assist in the processes but cursing myself and my wife out (or anyone else working on the VT Office) via phone or the ticket system will get you nowhere.

A little bit of courtesy goes a long way.

Moving on, I personally stand behind Vaprlife, Mary and Jeso 100%. If you don't like the warranty period don't purchase the unit. Threats towards suppliers just isn't acceptable.

I would also like take a moment to thank all of our great customers who are always polite and courteous to us! We'll always bend over backwards to makes things right for you.

Missed removing his name a couple of times.... !@#$%^& *()_+, response?

Edit: Sorry not to call it out, but it's right there in the post. I actually had the same issue with my VP-PT and after contacting Mary at Vaprlife we came to a mutually beneficial agreement, you catch more flys with honey, or something like that.

Edited by GDub

Hello all, long time no see... Congratz on the little one too Chris (belated I know, been busy... :D), but I finally get around to coming back to check on things and this is what is going on? Sounds like some people need what I call the Buford Special! Thats where I give em two slaps across the friggin face and a swift knee to the satchel! The nerve of some people... What a wimp.. I mean, seriously? You are going to gripe about a few bucks? Think about how much you saved by not buying analogs... People, you need to support these guys. These fellas are the NRA of vaping! Oh, and yeah, if you don't like the policies, don't buy it and get to high steppin... they have plenty of other HAPPY vapers that are more than eager to pay for their products and speaking of jackasses, why do I pay $150.00 for Microsoft Office? Does the disc, instruction manual and case cost that much? NO, you are paying for the research, development, labor and the BRAIN that made it. Same with the VPPT. It may cost $2 to make but you are paying for the technology, ya dumbass! Get in touch with the way the world works and stop wiggling your ignorant lips...

-BUFORD

We here at VaprLife completely agree with everything

that Parker @ DietSmokes & Chris @ The Vapor Talk Store

had to say about rude, verbally abusive customers.

One cannot help but wonder whatever happened to politeness, good manners,

and plain old-fashioned courtesy??:no

Apparently this is not the first time that this individual in question -

"John Doe"-:baby: has behaved in an offensive and bullying manner

towards sellers.

At VaprLife -

it's always been our policy to treat our customers with politeness, courtesy and respect -

and by the same token....we expect the same in return.

And if a customer is going to behave this reprehensibly when dealing with us -

(any of us) then we have the right to refuse to do business with that particular individual.

If a buyer attempts to behave in a bullying and disrespectful manner-

then VaprLife has absolutely no qualms about asking that buyer to take their business elsewhere-

And it is beyond VaprLife's comprehension why any individual would even

think we would pander to that sort of bullying behavior in the first place??

Needless to say- we will not be dealing with this particular individual again-

All of that being said-

VaprLife would like to take this opportunity to thank our many loyal customers

for all their wonderful emails expressing their support of our products-:animier:

We appreciate your business and sincerely thank all of you :flower:-

And we promise we will continue trying to provide you

with the quality and service you have come to expect from VaprLife

Have a great evening everyone!

VaprLife

Is it me? This seems to get out of control here:

Hello:

I haven’t heard back from you in regards to the queries in my previous email. If you could please provide the extra information I requested, it would be appreciated & help me make a decision as to repair.

Thank you.

John Doe

joh doe-

I think it's missing a few posts based on the reference to shame? I do know you guys go through heck, but based on what I see, its nothing I wouldn't do to get a little leverage/giveback. I have to assume something is missing, or I completely mis-read it.

If I can add I am so dying to use the service on my Spade!!! Refurbish me, I think it's a great option!!!

I know I saw a post yesterday about the VP/PT, and I could tell it was going to be an issue. Pretty sure it's what this post relates to. As always, good to see vendors take the high road whenever you can, but absolutely don't give in to these tactics. I just don't get all the threats and rudeness. Personally, if I feel wronged I just take my business elsewhere.

Welcome back Buford! Great post! :unworthy:

Same here...welcome back and an excellent post. Worth is never defined by the cost ...

Hiya fellas. Glad to be here. Too bad I wasn't here to see who was posting that bidness... I assure you, they may have gotten a real piece of my mind... and that, my friends, is a spooky thing lol :laser:

I also am confused about the threats, I don't see them in this email chain. I don't work in customer service but I do get the nasty ones escalated to me and I have seen a whole lot worse. In fact, from this chain, john doe seems to be very upset but very much in control.

Were the threats and bullying edited out?

I also am confused about the threats, I don't see them in this email chain. I don't work in customer service but I do get the nasty ones escalated to me and I have seen a whole lot worse. In fact, from this chain, john doe seems to be very upset but very much in control.

I seriously believe this thread should just be deleted. Like I said, obvious something else went on that we don't see so kind of looks weird. We know the suppliers, stand up people all of them.

edited out ? um no

"just learned a powerful lesson a minute ago. This will be the last time I pay any kind of premium for "USA made" junk. Prompted by WillyB's switch post, I just took apart my malfunctioning $80 Vaprlife VP PT. Dietsmoke's, Vaprlife and Vaportalkstore; you should all be ashamed of yourselves. There cannot be more then , LITERALLY, $6 worth of components(especially at wholesale cost) in the whole device. It's a USB wire(surrounded by a tightened, cut-off, twist-tie so it doesn't pull through the plastic casing"

Thats bullying chris and I have personally seen what type of work that goes into this and also the R&D and labor that goes into each unit !

Im not ashamed and to carry vaprlife products I'm PROUD to carry vaprlife products

He started bullying when he e-mailed chris and I the chain

Parked

Same here...welcome back and an excellent post. Worth is never defined by the cost ...

This is the THREAT !!!

Thanks Mary for the response. I will now be contacting the consumer protection division of the office of Andrew Cuomo(NY State Attorney General) as well as the BBB of Upstate NY.

Believe me, the shame(and legal liability) is YOURS using “USA Made” as a advertising gimmick to sell such a shoddy, uncertified electrical device, then offer to “repair service” such product, after it dangerously fails for 6 times what it is worth; Then trying to use an open, public forum posting to deny said “repair service”; the shame is definitely yours. I’m sure your product liability insurance provider, if you have one, does not approve. I will also be forwarding this to your business partners. I’ve tried to be open and fair about this whole thing until I actually took apart the unit and saw the completely dangerous and shoddy production for myself. Any further communication from you will be deemed harassment at this point. And I have saved the entire email string. I’ve, at this point had it with being ripped by unregulated, unlicensed, non FCC certified e-cig “modders”, manufacturers and distributors. Good Day.

Really do you have to threaten a company like this !!!! do get your way thats the threat and should not be tolerated

Thanks

Parked

I seriously believe this thread should just be deleted. Like I said, obvious something else went on that we don't see so kind of looks weird. We know the suppliers, stand up people all of them.

so your questioning me here and saying this something missing ??

nothing missing at all

this is the whole email thread is what the customer e-mailed me and chris today this afternoon

why did he e-mail both of us

because for some reason chris and I should feel ashamed !

for carrying vaprlife products

i took this and copied it right here

came from the source himself !

thanks

parked

"-----Original Message-----

joh doe-

WOW!!! Pride in American Made??? NOT!!!

I just learned a powerful lesson a minute ago. This will be the last time I pay any kind of premium for "USA made" junk. Prompted by WillyB's switch post, I just took apart my malfunctioning $80 Vaprlife VP PT. Dietsmoke's, Vaprlife and Vaportalkstore; you should all be ashamed of yourselves. There cannot be more then , LITERALLY, $6 worth of components(especially at wholesale cost) in the whole device. It's a USB wire(surrounded by a tightened, cut-off, twist-tie so it doesn't pull through the plastic casing) , an LED, a cheap tact switch, and an 801 atty connector all held in the cheap metal/plastic case by a tiny hex screw.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

Eighty dollars, EIGHTY DOLLARS!!!!! down the drain. & they want another $40(with shipping) to fix it(i.e. replace a $1.79 retail tact switch).

Never again.

GO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone ever spends a premium again for a passthru just because it's USA made, you should have your head examined."

-----------

They're confused because it seems like vaprlife starts being a bully first. The bottom email with the threats was the first email sent by the customer to vaprlife. The top email was the response from them - I was confused about this at first also but realized it was just in a different order.

Whoa - I believe the issue is the positioning of the replies. The one posted after the other actually came before time wise, that was my point, didn't read right so I thought something was missing.

parked, I know you're going nuts, my entire point was it simply didn't read right and so should be deleted. Of course we trust you guys, goes without saying. I went back and read it and realized they were pieced together but the shame part was a response to the person's obnoxious note not in order as was the intent. Should have realized that sooner.

Thanx to nero for taking the time to figure it out as well.

Whoa - I believe the issue is the positioning of the replies. The one posted after the other actually came before time wise, that was my point, didn't read right so I thought something was missing.

parked, I know you're going nuts, my entire point was it simply didn't read right and so should be deleted. Of course we trust you guys, goes without saying. I went back and read it and realized they were pieced together but the shame part was a response to the person's obnoxious note not in order as was the intent. Should have realized that sooner.

Thanx to nero for taking the time to figure it out as well.

Sorry for the confusion :wallbash:

Parked

Is it me? This seems to get out of control here:

Hello:

Thank you.

John Doe

joh doe-

I think it's missing a few posts based on the reference to shame? I do know you guys go through heck, but based on what I see, its nothing I wouldn't do to get a little leverage/giveback. I have to assume something is missing, or I completely mis-read it.

If I can add I am so dying to use the service on my Spade!!! Refurbish me, I think it's a great option!!!

I have to agree with you Joe and Burn... When I read that, I was thinking Vaprlife should have simply replied to his questions which were all legitimately based... I mean cmon, you are dealing with a frusterated customer who may not present himself in the most professional manner, sending an email out of frustration (lack of respectful revision). I'm not saying I agree with how this went down on either side, but both sides could have taken steps to handle this situation in a better manner i.e. professionally answering the mans questions about repairs and warranties; removing the putdowns by the customer.

This whole thing is out of hand and I AM NOT TAKING SIDES HERE, I agree with and understand both sides of the argument and they are both legitimate causes.

I personally am impressed with the quality and innovation of vaprlife products. Any product, even of the highest quality AND PRICE can fail. In today's throw away society, most products that fall into the under $100 category are often considered disposable by American consumers. I fully understand John Doe's frustration and his comments about expecting the product to last at least a year, but the response of the average consumer is to chuck the unit and say "I guess I will never buy manufacturer's products again", and go about their merry way. This is what YEARS of dealing with bad customer service has done to the American consumer, we expect mediocrity.

This is also why Vaprlife is stepping things up a notch. Most companies that manufacture an affordable consumer product (yes $80 is very affordable) would just say "sorry, it's out of warranty, buy a new one". How many companies will repair such a low cost device to prevent you from having to pay full price again. This is not only awesome customer service, it's fair to all parties.

My Denon surround sound receiver that I paid over $500 for is warranted for 1 year, and after the 1 year you pay for repair or buy a new one. If something that costs over $500 carries a 1 year warranty, it is more than fair for something that costs $80 to carry a 90 day warranty, and Jeso is more than fair to offer repair service for a mere $35. Show me any new PV that would be less than the $35 it will take to get you your VP/PT back in like new condition.

Any vaper that threatens to go to the authorities about a product that is under scrutiny of the authorities, is not only threatening the entire community, but also threatening himself. What an idiot, he's a vaper and what he does threatens to end vaping......Posser

Well I have about 6 years in customer service under my belt and I can tell you i've seen this 10,000 times. It's the typical "If I act super upset even though I know im not in the right.... maybe they will shoot me a freebie, and if not i'll blow it out of proportion until they do"

Judging by the way the customer presents himself here it's obvious that he is a fairly knowledgeable person BUT when your so used to breaking down every conversation here is where my issue with this stands.

"Eighty dollars, EIGHTY DOLLARS!!!!! down the drain. & they want another $40(with shipping) to fix it(i.e. replace a $1.79 retail tact switch)"

I cant help but look at this and think.....so your smart enough to know it's a tactical switch, smart enough to know the source to buy it as you referenced pricing and you've clearly already opened it up....... :question: am I wrong in thinking in the time it took him to write that e-mail that he could have already had the switch replaced?

Thats just it.... it wasn't even about the replacement at that point. Seems some people just get off on this kind of stuff. Smart enough to know (or think they do) details about regulation, licencing, FCC certifications re electronics but not smart enough to define a warrenty.

Sorry guys, being in the field.... this stuff burns me.