What Have You Come Up With?

Hey all you fellow DIY'ers! I'm looking to see what anyone has come up with that has worked. So far, my diy mixes have mostly been failures. :thumbsdown: My favorite success has been with using Lorann's Bavarian Creme, Butter Rum, and Keoke Coffee, mixed with VG (Wilton's) and some tobacco base. I also found that if you hold all the flavors open together, you can smell them to get a really good idea if the flavors will mix well.

These 2 are my all time favorites. If liberty flight doesn't get some Flavour Art in soon, I may need to try capellas or one of the other DIY flavorings. Needless to say, I like very strong flavors.

Apple Pie

3 ml 36/mg unflavored

1 ml FlavourArt(FA) Apple Pie

.5 ml (FA) Irish Cream

2 drops (FA) perique black

6 drops (FA) menthol

Tiramisu/Coffee

3ml 36mg unflavored

1.5 ml Tiramisu (FA)

3 drops mellow sunset (FlavourArt)

6 drops Menthol (FA)

3 drops Caffe Espresso (FA)

.5 ml Chocolate (FA)

1 ml PG

This has been my favorite so far. Recipe is for flavor only, add to your preferred ingredients. I included volume to make 30 ml total flavoring. You might wish to make less to see if you like it before committing all those pricey flavorings. ;)

Peanut Butter Brownie

Perfumer's Apprentice Peanut Butter -- 63% -- 19 ml

Lorann's Chocolate -- 23% -- 7 ml

Lorann's English Toffee -- 13% -- 4 ml

I believe you could up the chocolate flavor, reduce the BP, and have a more 'brownie'-like taste. Just haven't used up my first batch yet. I'm also going to try PA chocolate in the next round.

When mixing, I first mix the flavoring, keeping it separate. That makes it easier to keep track of tweaks. If it's a new attempt, I vape it in 0 nic to see if it works; I hate throwing out valuable nicotine!

These 2 are my all time favorites. If liberty flight doesn't get some Flavour Art in soon, I may need to try capellas or one of the other DIY flavorings. Needless to say, I like very strong flavors.

Apple Pie

3 ml 36/mg unflavored

1 ml FlavourArt(FA) Apple Pie

.5 ml (FA) Irish Cream

2 drops (FA) perique black

6 drops (FA) menthol

Tiramisu/Coffee

3ml 36mg unflavored

1.5 ml Tiramisu (FA)

6 drops Menthol (FA)

.5 ml Chocolate (FA)

1 ml PG

I think I'm going to have to order some more flavoring! Those sound great kitsune, thanks for sharing.

Banana Nut Bread 5ml

18 drops DV coconut

24 drops DV apple pie

25 drops Banana flav e-liquid (i happen to use dekang)

33 remaining drops you ca tailor between PG VG and your nicotine for desired strength

I love to see all these recipies. I want to grab some of these flavors. I have easy access to Loran's and CK products and I've heard of some of the others mentioned here. My question is; are you all ordering these online or are there other sources for these flavorings? and what is DV?

DV= Decadent Vapours. Totally Wickeds line of flavor concentrates, http://www.totallywi...-2-product.html

Well of course! Know those feelings you get sometimes when you just go DUH! :D Well that's what I got this time. I see a great DV order in my future.

Mike, I've bought all my flavoring online. Did find a few Lorann's flavors at a local Hobby Lobby, but all the good stuff is online. I buy from Perfumer's Apprentice and Lorann's mostly but when Liberty Flights gets restocked I'll be into more Flavour Art. And I'm sure going for a few of those tasty-sounding DV flavors! That's next on my flavor-shopping agenda.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all you fellow DIY'ers! I'm looking to see what anyone has come up with that has worked. So far, my diy mixes have mostly been failures. :thumbsdown: My favorite success has been with using Lorann's Bavarian Creme, Butter Rum, and Keoke Coffee, mixed with VG (Wilton's) and some tobacco base. I also found that if you hold all the flavors open together, you can smell them to get a really good idea if the flavors will mix well.

You know, I've been sitting here this weekend wondering what to add to some of these great new tobacco flavors (thanks Lisa!). I came by to add a comment for kitsune, and decided to start reading from the top; what do I find?! Perfect, Beckster. Guess what I'll be doing one evening this week? I gotta try that. ;)

Tiramisu/Coffee

3ml 36mg unflavored

1.5 ml Tiramisu (FA)

6 drops Menthol (FA)

.5 ml Chocolate (FA)

1 ml PG

Kitsune, I tried this one finally this weekend and wow! this is great. I made about 3ml of just the flavoring, vaped half of it, and came back last night to add a couple drops Lorann Marshmallow and a couple drops PA Sweet Cream. Wanted to see if I could sweeten up that Lorann Coffee I used. Haven't tried it yet, letting the cartomizer it's in soak for a while but I think that's gonna tweak it to my personal perfection. We'll see.

This was the first time I've used the Lorann Coffee, and it seems like strong stuff to me. It's a true coffee taste though, and a wonderful wakeup vape. If anyone's interested, I somehow managed to buy 8 freakin ounces of this stuff and am perfectly happy sharing with one and all. Just PM me if interested. I bought a few mailers yesterday because I had some stuff to send out today (:)), so no problem getting it in the mail quickly.

I've probably said this before but I've taken to mixing the flavoring separate from any kind of base, and then adding to either nic base or to just straight VG/PG for taste testing. I make only 3 ml first go round, which makes scaling it up easier if I take good notes (and it's worth scaling up). When I've hit something I like, I usually mix 30 ml of just the flavoring to add to nic later. Works well for me.

Good thread Beckster, I'd like to see it keep going!

Edited by ddavelarsen

What a cool thread! I am collecting the things I need to do diy! I cant wait to jump in and see what I can do!! Thanks for the tips!

You're going to dig it Sensay. Making your own juice is a real accomplishment when it goes well. :) One good recommendation is to do like Jeff and others recently have done, and buy a DIY kit from one of the vendors. DIY Flavor Shack sells one that sounds quite good. I think you might save some money just on figuring out what 'things' you will use when you're mixing, rather than like me buying everything in sight and not using 2/3 of it.

Flavoring is key; I think you're best off with very concentrated flavoring like Flavour Art and (some won't agree) Lorann's. I've used some food flavoring such as Fairy's Finest that isn't powerful enough for me to get the strength of flavor that I want. This is just a suggestion, many other people know far more than I do about this. Almost everyone in fact. But I'm really quite opinionated about flavorings! :D

Have fun and please share your stories with us. Now I better get back to work...

You're going to dig it Sensay. Making your own juice is a real accomplishment when it goes well. :) One good recommendation is to do like Jeff and others recently have done, and buy a DIY kit from one of the vendors. DIY Flavor Shack sells one that sounds quite good. I think you might save some money just on figuring out what 'things' you will use when you're mixing, rather than like me buying everything in sight and not using 2/3 of it.

Flavoring is key; I think you're best off with very concentrated flavoring like Flavour Art and (some won't agree) Lorann's. I've used some food flavoring such as Fairy's Finest that isn't powerful enough for me to get the strength of flavor that I want. This is just a suggestion, many other people know far more than I do about this. Almost everyone in fact. But I'm really quite opinionated about flavorings! :D

Have fun and please share your stories with us. Now I better get back to work...

Thank you so much for the tips!!! I have the nic juice, the vg , pg. I am working on flavorings right now. I have been to every walmart , joannes, hobby shop looking for loranns . I have not had any luck yet. I just ordered (guess from where) Fairy's Finest lmao!!! just my luck!!! Will keep on trying!

Hey, don't sweat that until you've tried them! My taste is shot, I use a LOT of concentrated flavor for my use, which seems to work for other people too. But that doesn't mean it'll be true for you. Give them a chance, for sure.

I really recommend Perfumer's Apprentice. Great folks and wonderful flavors.

I found Lorann's at a local Hobby Lobby. Don't know if you have one close by but might be worth a try. That's the only place I've found any kind of flavoring around here - and believe me I've asked everywhere! Boy, I've gotten some funny looks. Guys aren't supposed to ask for stuff like that. Especially not *** ones. :)

There are a lot of places you can order from online, sensay. And don't worry about the ones you ordered. You may well be able to taste them. I've had a terrible time tasting any of the pre-made juices. There have been one or two I've tasted, but mostly I could only taste the ones from Tasty Vapor. I have to add a lot of strong juice to my mixes to taste them at all. From what I've learned on the forum, that is not typical. Most people can taste the juices. I've heard good things about FF, so I'm sure you're safe with them.

I lost track of this thread for a bit :innocent: I've only used LorAnn's, but after re-reading all this, I guess I need to get on ordering some other flavorings. I got away from diy because, for me, the LorAnn's isn't sweet enough. (For instance, the peppermint. It's like Altoid's peppermint, not candy cane.) I need to get back into the game, and try some other suppliers!

:offtopic: I just placed an order to LorAnn's to re-stock my Keoke Coffee, Butter Rum, and Bavarian Creme... while there, I decided to order a candy thermometer and some candy molds. Soooo many flavors that will never get vaped, thought I should try my hand at candy making! LOL!

What a novel concept--using candy flavoring for candy. Any flavoring I run across anymore--my first thought is, ' what would that tasted live for vaping?'