Ego Charging

Bigjim

When I received my eGo, I pluged it in and the indicator lights said it was fully charged after about 1.5 hours. I'm pretty sure it's thwe rapid charger so I figured it was all good. I puffed on it all night, about 6 hours or so, left it on the dresser over night and plugged it in to charge this morning. It's been over 5 hours and the lights are still red. I'm getting worried that somethings not right! Is this normal because it's new or something? :ermm:

That doesn't sound normal at all. The charge should only be 2 hours max I think. I just got my ego a few days ago, so I haven't had much time to experience weird things with charging. But 5 hours is way too long. I'd probably do some tests, maybe try that battery out and see how it performs. Try charging it again once you've used it up and see if it still takes 5 hours. Test the other battery and see how long it takes to charge that one. Try and figure out if it's the charger or that battery with the problem. It could just be a fluke, you never know. If it keeps happening, then contacting the supplier would be best. Hope this helps.

That doesn't sound normal at all. The charge should only be 2 hours max I think. I just got my ego a few days ago, so I haven't had much time to experience weird things with charging. But 5 hours is way too long. I'd probably do some tests, maybe try that battery out and see how it performs. Try charging it again once you've used it up and see if it still takes 5 hours. Test the other battery and see how long it takes to charge that one. Try and figure out if it's the charger or that battery with the problem. It could just be a fluke, you never know. If it keeps happening, then contacting the supplier would be best. Hope this helps.

Alright, will do!

I have never had a charge in 2 hours, in the last month since I have had it. I do have the Janty usb rapid charger and it typically takes about 4-8 hours to charge. Not a huge sticking point for me as I am never stuck with 2 dead batteries at the same time. This doesnt mean that it is correct, just that I am having the same experience.

I have never had a charge in 2 hours, in the last month since I have had it. I do have the Janty usb rapid charger and it typically takes about 4-8 hours to charge. Not a huge sticking point for me as I am never stuck with 2 dead batteries at the same time. This doesnt mean that it is correct, just that I am having the same experience.

that is a relief, thanks!

weird.. I was just going to post the same question. I've got mine plugged into the wall adapter, would that make a difference on speed of charging? I was going to go look for my usb extension cord, see if it's quicker charging from the computer. The battery I charged yesterday, right out of the box, took about 2 hrs. That battery lasted till this morning, and it's been on the charger since 7:30 this morning. It's just now green. That's right around 7 hrs to charge.

weird.. I was just going to post the same question. I've got mine plugged into the wall adapter, would that make a difference on speed of charging? I was going to go look for my usb extension cord, see if it's quicker charging from the computer. The battery I charged yesterday, right out of the box, took about 2 hrs. That battery lasted till this morning, and it's been on the charger since 7:30 this morning. It's just now green. That's right around 7 hrs to charge.

Well, here's my eGo unofficial review: (more like the email I sent to JantyUSA)

I received my eGo yesterday, that I purchased from VaporTalk. I charged both batteries for about 1.5 hours, until the charger lights turned from red to green. I used one for a few minutes and the led light was stuck on until I pushed the button a few times. So I switched to the other battery and used it for about 6 hours or so, and went to bed for the night. This morning, I plugged in the one I used more, to charge it up. The charger lights remained red for over 5 hours and never turned green. I plugged in my replacement battery and the lights went from red to green in about 15 minutes. Both batteries seem to work fine, but the lights don't go green with one of the batteries and the other battery's led button sticks now and then. I am very pleased with this product, other than the above mentioned. I am now two days cigarette smoke free and not looking forward to going back to cigarettes until I can get this resolved, but I'd rather avoid the risks of ignoring battery defects.

Well, here's my eGo unofficial review: (more like the email I sent to JantyUSA)

I received my eGo yesterday, that I purchased from VaporTalk. I charged both batteries for about 1.5 hours, until the charger lights turned from red to green. I used one for a few minutes and the led light was stuck on until I pushed the button a few times. So I switched to the other battery and used it for about 6 hours or so, and went to bed for the night. This morning, I plugged in the one I used more, to charge it up. The charger lights remained red for over 5 hours and never turned green. I plugged in my replacement battery and the lights went from red to green in about 15 minutes. Both batteries seem to work fine, but the lights don't go green with one of the batteries and the other battery's led button sticks now and then. I am very pleased with this product, other than the above mentioned. I am now two days cigarette smoke free and not looking forward to going back to cigarettes until I can get this resolved, but I'd rather avoid the risks of ignoring battery defects.

Wow, they responded already!::

Ethan (Tue, 04 May 2010, 01:22PM):

Hey Jim,

As per our agreement with Vaportalk, you will need to contact their customer support regarding this issue. It sounds to me like it could simply be a circuitry issue with the charger. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Ethan

Hello...I have the Tornado/Ego batteries and fast charger. From what I've seen so far it's never taken more than 2 hrs. to charge no matter whether it's been on wall charger or the computer. Don't worry Chris will fix you up.

I have a Tornado with the USB charger and my batteries (4) never take more than 2 hours to charge. I also charged all 4 of my batteries for 8+ hours initially (not for certain if that makes a difference).

If one of your batteries charges to green and the other doesn't, it sounds like a battery problem. Check and see how long both batteries last on a 2 hour charge and see if the problem persists.

I have a Tornado with the USB charger and my batteries (4) never take more than 2 hours to charge. I also charged all 4 of my batteries for 8+ hours initially (not for certain if that makes a difference).

If one of your batteries charges to green and the other doesn't, it sounds like a battery problem. Check and see how long both batteries last on a 2 hour charge and see if the problem persists.

I have a total of 4 batteries, 2 egos and 2 tornados and all of them take over 4 hours to turn green. I moved the charged off of a plug I had a few other items in an adapter (5 items) to its own outlet. I will see if that is faster.

I have yet another ego showing up today, as a gift. I will try that charger and see if that makes a difference.

Your eGo/Tornado/Joye eGo/Some other clever name should only take about 2 hours or so to charge. The eGo should be charged via the wall plug and not the computer.

Yeah, I'm using the wall plug and the battery with the sticky button charges in like 1.5 hrs, green lights and all, but the other battery can't get them damn red lights to turn green, lol... Oh well, I'm going to try that new charger when it gets here and see what happens, Thx again for sending it out, hope it works!

I have two eGo batteries and two tornado batteries. When I charge them through the usb charger on the computer it takes about 2 hours to charge one battery. I also have two regular 510 chargers and a TW 5 battery charger (with the adapters) and when I use any of those it takes at least 4 hours to charge one battery. I've had it take as long as 6 hours to charge. I don't know what the difference would be, but there does seem to be a difference from time to time. I think it's generally closer to the 4 hour mark though. I've never had a battery take under 4 hours to charge on the wall charger. Never.

I haven't really timed it, but I think when I charge on the usb charger, the batteries don't last as long as they do when charged on the wall charger.

The batteries come with a partial to almost full charge, so that would explain why they didn't take as long to charge the first time.

Your eGo/Tornado/Joye eGo/Some other clever name should only take about 2 hours or so to charge. The eGo should be charged via the wall plug and not the computer.

Oh no...what's wrong with charging via computer? Will it damage it somehow?