Need Help, Bringing Others To Vape

Since I started vaping 5 days ago, I have been trying to show others the benefit to it. Just know one wants to listen to me. People tend to say that the e-cig has worse chemicals in it. etc......

Do we have a starter video or link that I can direct the analog smoker to, and show them everything in 5 minutes? Cause alot of people are going to say that they don't have time for this.

Just wondering if you guys/gals have any insight to this topic.

Thanks,

Rob

Hey Rob, it seems to me if they are closed off to vaping then they won't spend the time to watch a video. That being said there are some good videos for beginners in Vapor Talk's Video System http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/videos/category-5-electronic-cigarette-faq/ .

Edited by jeffb

Best to just enjoy it and if they ask you questions then provide the answers.Arno has a neat introdutory piece on his website AwesomeVapor I print out and pass around . http://www.awesomevapor.com/page/397873360 and I keep the business cards from the suppliers I trust handy .I remember when I was a smoker the last thing you wanted to do was come up to me and tell me a great way to quit,I really didn't want to hear it smokers get treated like dogs and some may bite.

Best to just enjoy it and if they ask you questions then provide the answers.Arno has a neat introdutory piece on his website AwesomeVapor I print out and pass around . http://www.awesomevapor.com/page/397873360 and I keep the business cards from the suppliers I trust handy .I remember when I was a smoker the last thing you wanted to do was come up to me and tell me a great way to quit,I really didn't want to hear it smokers get treated like dogs and some may bite.

I greatly appreciate this. I will pass this info along, and your right. I should just leave them alone, and let them find the curiosity of me quiting analogs.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob, I agree with alot of the other responces you have gotten. Some people don't want to learn or just want to be "high and mighty". I have had a few people tell me that I haven't really quit smoking because I use the pv or that they quit cold turkey and I should too. I usually just try to smile and brush them off as folks I don't really want to deal with anyway. Keep vaping and hold your head high!!! I have never felt better than since I quit smoking and started vaping so I'm not really gonna let others opinions affect me in any way. :thumbsup:

Can't believe I missed this one.

When I was smoking the last thing I needed was someone trying to tell me how to quit. Don't force the issue. Let them come to you with questions and then give them some good answers. If you try it the other way you're kinda like the Jehova (sp) witness of the vaping world, So just enjoy your vaping and they will get interested in time. Then hit them with your EGO or VP/PT.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Exactly !!!

Vape and they will come....

Btw--I keep in my email a list of supplier I use, helpful links, supplies needed to get started etc. that way when somebody is interested I can email them the information and encourage them to research.

Happy vaping

My mother smoked for 20 yrs or better. She quit about 10 yrs ago and she is one of those "Mad Evangelist" anti-smoking types.

However, she is thrilled that I'm experiencing success with this and wants to buy them for my uncles. We are the only three left in the family that smoke.

kitsune that is a wonderful idea. Once I've a lil more experience with this I may do something like that, too.

I have no intention of shoving it down anyone's throat, so to speak. But I do intend to take my regularly scheduled smoke vape breaks and this includes being out n about. If anyone asks, I'll be happy to share what I know and point them in the right direction...here :)

This is a great thread!

LOL, I just gave a "testimonial" to the two people behind the cash registers at the local convenience store. I even brought my ecig in to show them and made them each take a puff. (Sometimes I'm a bit too enthusiastic, LOL! :rolleyes: )

But you are right...people have to want to experience the ecig. And, like many of us here, take the initiative to learn about it.

Patty

As a follow up to what I said earlier, a few weeks ago I loaned my original starter kit to a guy at work who had been asking me questions. I knew he was really intestered, but a little afraid to spend the money to try it. So a week after using it he decided he wanted one. And he said someone else wanted to try it also so my original kit went to the next guy. I ordered 3 starter kits. I sold one kit the the 1st guy and my starter kit got passed on. A few days later the 2nd guy told me he wanted one, and there was another guy who also wanted one. So kits 2 and 3 got sold. And he asked if he could buy the kit he was already using because he wanted to give that one to his son. So, that's four converts in about two weeks. :) Just so you know, I didn't make any money here, just making the purchase and reselling them at cost.

My son-in-law, who isn't a heavy smoker to begin with, started using the patch. He went to the next step down but said it just wasn't giving him the nic he needed to keep him from going outside to have an occasional cigarette. He and my daughter are the ones that pointed me in the direction of the e-cig to begin with so they have watched me with my devices from day 1. So the other day some comment was made about how long I've been going on my e-cig and he asked if I thought it might help him instead of the patch. So I gave him a new atty..a couple of blank carts..3 charged 510 batteries and a little 3ml bottle of liquid. A quick cart lesson, a little instruction on the manual battery and the art of vaping and he's been doing great so far. Now like I said, he never has been a heavy smoker but he comes in every day with dead batteries and I recharge them for him.

So far so good. Of course my daughter says I'm just getting him to trade smoking for vaping but if it helps...so be it.

The real point of my story is that when someone is ready to really look into the e-cig, they will come to you and ask. Then you can really give them the help they are looking for.

A few quick facts you can throw at them:

-Electronic Cigarettes holds the highest success/failure ratio of any smoking alternative (as well as staying clean off cigarettes for good).

-It has not been concluded/fully proven that Electronic Cigarettes contain carcinogens or harmful toxins/chemicals.

-On average, use of an Electronic Cigarette over analogs can save over $1200 annually (ranging well above $3000).

-Cigarettes kill 5.4 million people worldwide annually, every 6.5 seconds a smoker or ex smoker dies.

-Cigarettes will kill over 1,000,000,000 people in the 21st century if smoking trends continue.

-Electronic Cigarettes have the potential to eliminate Lung Cancer up to 90% (90% of Lung Cancer is caused from cigarette smoking) which lung cancer is the #2 killer in the US.

-50% of all cigarette smokers die from their addiction.

-On average, cigarette smokers die 15 years earlier than nonsmokers.

-There have been 0 reported deaths directly relating to Electronic Cigarettes.

Make a few of your own comparisons and some of this info here can go a long ways.

Also, if your friends want to watch a video

has a great explanation and positive word.

When I first started and tried to spread the word, I was met with the same resistance - especially from the closer of folks (ie: Family, long time friends vs co-workers/acquaintances)

As others have experienced, time is the best solution. The longer I was analog-free, the bigger the impact vaping and the e-cig started to have. Vape and they will come.

Like snubber said, when they're ready they'll come asking - especially if they see your success with the e-cig. I've gotten about 3 or 4 of my closest friends to make the switch (15+ year smokers), and a couple more

are definitely interested in trying it out.

One way I got one buddy interested was straight up saying "hey, hit this thing and tell me what you think!" gun.gif 5-6 puffs later, they were sold, lol.

Good luck getting more converts!