Joye 510 Question

I have had my Joye 510 for like 3ish months now, and Im loving it. I direct drip, and its been going great. I get amazing hits right after I drip, about 3-5, then the flavor starts to decrease. Ive realized that the flavor starts to drop before the vapor production does. At about 7-10 hits there is almost no flavor, just the metallic taste of the atomizer, but there is still ALOT of vapor. Is this normal? THANKS!!!

Yep that's the way it works out for me on both my 901 and 510 atty's.I usually just

put 2 drops to keep from flooding,and take about 6-7 ~5 second drags.Flavor is pretty

much gone by then,so 2 more drops etc.

I've just this week started on 510 cartos and so far they're great.My wife and I are

still on our 1st ones each.I've been refilling mine once daily and got a syringe

so I could measure the juice.1ml per fill :thumbsup: If I were using cartos only it

would be ~1.5 fills per day.I've only filled hers 2 times this week since she's a

casual vaper.If the rest of the pack lasts this long with no burn issues I'll be a convert for sure.I'm gonna sacrifice each carto after a week of use to check the insides,unless they taste burnt sooner.

Sorry to get off track,the more experienced users will chime in shortly on the atty issue.

What you are experiencing is completely normal. The heat from the atty destroys the flavor rather quickly and the PG (or VG) still remains. If you are tasting a metallic taste, that's a good sign to add more juice. :)

Excellent advice already given. But I'll add to the point about the 510 cartomizers. If you're using standard 510 batteries that came with your starter kit, then you would probably enjoy the flavor and longevity of the 510 cartomizers.

Cartomizers combine the cart (mouth piece and poly fill) and the atomizer all into one single unit, turning your current 3 piece unit into a low maintenance 2 piece unit. Besides an 801 atomizer at a higher 5 volts, the 510 cartomizers are my new favorite choice. Here are my thoughts based upon my own personal opinions.

Pros:

Increased flavor (my number one reason for using them)

Longer vape time (due to the cartomizers holding more juice than a standard cart, and much more than direct dripping)

Ease of use (don't worry about having a cart and an atomizer ready for your battery; now they're combined all into one unit)

Disposability (throw them away when you're done, or refill them several times if you're comfortable with this)

Cons:

Decreased throat hit

Easier/more airy draw (could be a pro depending upon your preference)

Warmer vapor (could be a pro depending upon your prefernce)

No option for a smaller whistle tip (could be a pro depending upon your preference; but you can modify other carts to fit them)

Cost (in comparison to a normal 510 atomizer they may cost more if you throw them away after only a few days of use; or if you use them for a week or more, the relative cost will be the same or better).