Ban Smoking On Maricopa County College Campuses

So here I am a Safety Officer, (that's what they call me), on a college campus here in Phoenix Arizona. I got an email the other day about the notion of smoking ban on all Maricopa county college campuses. I know these people as I work for them and they tend to knee jerk allot. I will not be surprised they ban any and all things nicotine related. This is the email

You're Invited: PC Smoking Issues Taskforce on April 7

Thursday, April 1, 2010 4:27 PM From: "StudentLife" <student.life@pcmail.maricopa.edu> To: dl-pc@memo.maricopa.edu Have you witnessed smoking issues on the Phoenix College campus?

The PC IGNITE Student Team invites you to:

A Campus Tobacco Issues Taskforce Meeting

Wednesday, April 7th

11:30am-12:30pm

C-102, Science Building

Students, faculty, staff and classes are welcome to voice their opinions about smoking issues

on the Phoenix College campus.

Let your voice be heard, take a stand, tell us your concerns, make a difference!!!

Smokers and non-smokers are welcome!

Can't make it?? Send us your thoughts on campus smoking to pcbearsden@gmail.com.

IGNITE stands for the Influence, Guide & Network for Intercollegiate Tobacco Education.

This campus-based program is funded by a grant awarded by the Maricopa County Tobacco Use and Prevention Program (MCTUPP).

The mission of IGNITE is to arm all young adults and high school students with the knowledge and tools to reject tobacco, and to create a Tobacco Taskforce comprised of students, staff and faculty to address tobacco related issues on college campuses. For more information about IGNITE visit: http://fighttobreatheright.org/

For more information about our PC IGNITE Student Promotions Team contact the Office of Student Life & Leadership at 602-285-7231.

While this email is specific to the Phoenix College campus this is something being done all over Maricopa county. Here is a comments page for a local news channel that ran a story on the ASU smoking ban, http://www.abc15.com...cspx?p=Comments

I already sent them an email about personal vaporizers as a healthier alternative to smoking but i am still worried. What should I do? Activist is something I never added to my resume so I am at a loss for how to get the ball rolling. Any advice is more than welcome.