510 Cartomizers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I filled my first tonight... condom from the battery end. Worked fine. I put in 40 drops (about 3/4 full), and then did another 20 drops. Let it sit for a while and it's vaping good right now.

I filled my first tonight... condom from the battery end. Worked fine. I put in 40 drops (about 3/4 full), and then did another 20 drops. Let it sit for a while and it's vaping good right now.

Yeah - this is kind of liberating. My nic addicted peeps are SO going to dig cartos. I can not wait!!! Many hate the filling or dripping. It's the allure of the $100 BS they sell at the mall, jam a cart home and you're good, except those are BS, these are real!!! I have to ask myself why I get excited about this stuff? Those who know me know I'm a dic-. But I'm excited!! We do mods, drip, etc. Most folks who want to quit won't do that, this is so cool!!! To me its the promised land for those who want to stop smoking.

Ok, so I've now officially "beer tested" these things last night and they've come out fairly well.

After the first 3 beers, I started craving more of a throat hit. So I whipped out a regular 510 and went to town on it. But after about an hour I started missing that wonderful cartomizer flavor. So I switched back to one and finished a few more beers before going to bed.

It's funny, I've only been using them for about a week now, but I was finding it inconvenient to direct drip into that regular 510 while I was using it. Almost 2 months of straight direct dripping, and all of a sudden it's not so convenient anymore. These cartos have quickly spoiled me.

On a sidenote, my sister-in-law is not a big fan of them. She likes that they last so long (for her, from morning until late evening) but they don't give enough of a throat hit. But then again, she's using my juice, which is low nic, and she's still smoking too. So I have to wonder if a higher nic for her would satisfy all needs.

I think I have to agree with your sister on the TH. I really do like the carto's, but they will be for driving mostly, and occasionally on the PT at 5V. I'll still drip most of the time.

Thinking about getting some of these. One thing that is important for me is longevity. How long have these kept going for you guys. I can get 2 months on a regular atty easily. Don't want to have to replace after a few days. Thanks.

They are not meant to last long... usually 3-4 fills. I've got one that's been filled 3 times and is starting to die down a bit, but I only use them when driving so it lasted me quite a while. Brandon has been using them more regularly, so he's better suited to answer. However, you're talking $10 for 5 carto's. For my purposes, they're great.

Right on with what Brian said.

I'm on my 4th refill on this current 510 and I think once it's done, I'll chunk it. I've pushed another one up to 5 before, and it performed flawlessly up until I threw it away.

So far, there's no difference in performance. Meaning the taste and vapor production haven't changed yet through the course of refills. But, as Brian mentioned, these are indeed to be disposable and honestly I'm a little uncomfortable pushing them more than just a few days. Reason is that I worry about the leftover juice that could start to foul up.

One tiny complaint I have, is that directly after refilling vapor production is very subdued. But I think this is my fault. From what I've heard, I fill these things much more than most other folks and it's probably more than they were intended. After about 10-15 toots, I've vaped enough juice out to get things back to where they should be.

Beyond that (which is my fault) I'm still in love with them. After I've run through the 50 I got from Vapor Kings, I'll buy another 50. Huge fan-boy here.

If they sound interesting to you, drop $9 on a 5 pack of them next pay day. If you don't like them, then you've only wasted enough money to buy a normal 510 atomizer.

I am still really liking using them. I just wish they had some TH to go with all the plumes of vapor and abundant taste. The first time I use a carto its great, but after refilling the performance drops off. Not sure how many refills you could realistically get before the quality drops off too significantly to suit me. They are great to use while driving. I am going to travel next week and plan on these getting me by those days instead of messing with trying to drip on the run.How many times on avg. are you guys refilling each carto before tossing it out.

Check out what Jason from Electronicstix posted in his forum.

510 Cartomizers have arrived! And instead of the frustratingly hard white mouthpiece that is glued in.. i had them swap em for nice soft rubber ones that are easily removable.. and yes... THEY ARE BLANKS READY TO FILL!! Come get em while they are hot

Jason

Great to see more vendors getting them, and the part about the mouth piece is good for those that like to pop it off to fill!

http://www.electronicstix.com/BLANK-510-CARTOMIZERS-510cartoblank.htm

I ordered 3 pack from ENS this morning. :)

On another note, I filled a new carto up this morning with VT TT and it was amazing. Just a reminder that when you start thinking the cartos aren't so good, it's time to open a new one. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brandon, Do you know of any video showing how to fill the

510 Cartomizer? :coffee:

Oh geez! I used one of my 510 cartos last night for about an hour, and this morning so far for about 2hrs.

Everything I've heard about them is totally true. These things are incredible!

Vapor production like a normal 510 and flavor almost like a KR808 cartomizer. The throat hit is tame compared to a normal 510, but that's no issue for me b/c I chase flavor and vapor.

I'm not sure how long it will last, but I got 23 drops of VG juice in it before it started to overflow (used the condom-fill-method). That's a lot! And even more than the few KR808s that I've filled (those averaged 15-19 of the same juice).

If they ever make a 510 cartomizer PCC that's like the KR808 PCC, then I'll betchya this will be the new wave in the PV world. Seriously. In fact if I can find a dedicated 510 cartomizer PCC (that's not all sharp and pointy like the regular 510 PCC) I'd buy one right now.

EDIT: Wonder if the 510 battery with a 510-901/KR808 adapter would fit properly in the KR808 PCC. Hmmmm.....

You guys doing these with 5V and liking it? It's weird because at 6V on my indulgence, it comes in REAL hot. Have to pull into my mouth first, then the lungs. Certainly can't draw more than a couple of seconds at the most. I'm about to pull the cord and get another unit, want one for walking around and the indulgence is just a little to big. Was thinking ego or vypr/vypr-510 but now I'm wondering about 5V? I hate decisions.

I agree FTJoe. I don't use my cartos at 6V either. It gets too hot for me. I have been using them at 3.7V. I haven't tried them at 5V yet. Maybe I'll try one today on my VP/PT ( thats been working great for over 5 months now) :)

I would appreciate the info though I'm really not sure I want something that big (5V Joker e.g.). I keep coming back to the ego for use with both the carts and the LR attys. I was trying to find pics of the ego/vypr/spade in the gallery to get an idea of the size, vypr looks pretty big as well. Going to PM some folks who have them to see what the size is like.

Edited by FTJoe

@Twinnie - no I've not seen any video tutorials on refilling a 510 carto. I've seen some on different methods of refilling the KR808 carto though, and the process is essentially the same.

Here are a few I found on a quick youtube search:

Battery thread-dripping method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F6BUIGr2DI

Syringe method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpnxZuJEiRo

Condom filling method:

I use the condom filling method personally. It's relatively quick and very easy, except I push down the mouthpiece into the condom rather than the battery thread end and I go much much slower.

Also, I've stopped filling mine with as much juice as I used to. Now I stick with a single fill of a little more than 3/4 of a full condom. About 4/5s full I'd say.

Yes they totally rock at 5v. Love them on my passthrough! But I don't have a 6v device to compare them to yet. I can imagine them getting very hot at 6v b/c at 5v, it's pretty warm.

Edited by Brandon

I got a bunch of the soft cap ones from ENS. Anyone notice sometimes the filler is almost half way down the cartridge and sometimes closer to the top (mouthpiece)? Is it possible they are different or maybe shifted? Second ENS I opened looked real weird. Seems to be vaping okay - a little light on vapor but it was just filled.

yeah, if you look at the edges, closely you will see they are beveled. I have been careful to always put the cap back on the same direction I took it off and it sits nicely on there. when I reverse it, it sinks 1/4 to 1/8"

I have only used one of mine,the filler is far enough back for a DSE 901 tip cut about half off to fit nicely.It might be possible that the filler is inserted over the element explaining the cloth tube.If you really wanted to ignore the whole purpose for cartomisers it just might be possible to restuff one.If mine ever goes bad I will keep you posted.I don't vape much any more so it may be a while.