My Battery Died

So I went to charge my battery yesterday (510) waited for the light to turn green on the charger and tried it out and nothing. So I put it back in the charger again light was red, waited for it to turn green again and still nothing. Did I do something wrong to cause this? Or was there something I could have done to prevent it? This is the one that came with my kit and the kit was inexpensive.

So when you plug the battery into the charger the charger never turns green correct?

If it charges the other battery fine then you know the charger is good and you've got yourself a dead battery. Not to much you can do about it to be honest. You can try cleaning the threads and see if that helps. (Using some rubbing alcohol)

yes it is charging my other batteries fine! :( I ordered this kit only a little over a month ago. Cant believe it's dead already. Guess it is time to order something better before I am stuck! Thanks Chris!!!

just checked and they offer a 30 day warrenty, it has been 33 days :veryangry:

Edited by sensay

just checked and they offer a 30 day warrenty, it has been 33 days :veryangry:

Bah, I hate when that happens. I would really recommend getting a mod unit that uses cheaper batteries. If you want something that is fairly slim check out the Spade or VP1 (they use the 10440 size batteries), if you're cool with getting something a little bigger there are a lot of good mods out there to choose from. The batteries for the mods are generally around 5-6 dollars a piece, and if you shop around and buy in larger quantities there are better deals to be had. Also you may want to look into a, HV mod, my VP-PT got me hooked on higher voltages and I must say that I love my Silver Bullet running @ 6V with an atty that is 3.5ohms or higher (I have some 4.5ohm attys inbound at the moment, can't wait to try them out).

You might have. But I wouldn't worry about it one way or the other. Just order another one or two.

These things are all disposable and won't last forever. I like to think of them like batteries (Sounds silly, I know, but we tend to forget that even rechargeable batteries don't last forever. Think about cell phones!) and light bulbs. The batteries are... ummm... like batteries and the atties are like light bulbs. Neither is expected to last forever and you don't really ever know when one is going to go out on you. Keep some spares and don't stress too much when they die. :)

When I first started I got two kits so I would have extra everything and down the road I got a third for charger to leave at work.It was more economical at first to order starter kits but now I have enough carts and chargers and my batteries last a lot longer so I just buy what I consume.

Edited by mcquinn

So I went to charge my battery yesterday (510) waited for the light to turn green on the charger and tried it out and nothing. So I put it back in the charger again light was red, waited for it to turn green again and still nothing. Did I do something wrong to cause this? Or was there something I could have done to prevent it? This is the one that came with my kit and the kit was inexpensive.

Sorry to hear about the battery. But you might try getting in touch with who you got the kit from and maybe they will let the few extra days slide.

It's worth a try and if not you'll just have to get a couple of back-ups.

Good luck.

Lots of excellent info in regards to your original question so I'll not touch that.

But I'll just say that when I got one of those "Mega" batteries for my 510 kit, that's what sealed the deal for me and made up in my mind in regards to buying a mod.

You know that 'fresh off the charger' vapor production that you get for about the first 15-30mins when you take a battery off the charger and vape with it? The Mega battery gave me about 30mins to an hour with that nice feeling (plus it just lasted a lot longer too). But that bigger vape production that lasted longer is really what did it for me (this is the time in which the battery's voltage is actually hovering just a bit over 4 volts, rather than the nominal 3.7volts).

My BB (which uses the 14500 batteries), keeps that 'fresh off the charger feeling' for dang near 2 full hours, then slowly tapers off but still lasts me hours and hours between switching out a battery.

I don't want to talk anyone into buying a mod that doesn't need one, but really it's a world of difference when you can get past the fact that it no longer looks like a cigarette. Once you make that transition to where you don't care that it doesn't look like a cigarette, a whole new world opens up :)

I do not care if it looks like a cigarette anymore, but I have no knowledge of Mods at all!!!I do not have any clue what a bb is ! or a Spade or VP1 . Can someone show me a link to where I can purchase. Will these work with my 510 attys? Money is an issue so I cant buy something super expensive. Any suggestions ?

Thanks so much for all the info and suggestions!!

Edited by sensay

I do not care if it looks like a cigarette anymore, but I have no knowledge of Mods at all!!!I do not have any clue what a bb is ! or a Spade or VP1 . Can someone show me a link to where I can purchase. Will these work with my 510 attys? Money is an issue so I cant buy something super expensive. Any suggestions ?

Here is a link to the Spade (510 atomizer fitting & 10440 360mAh battery)... http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/The-Spade-510-Ecig.html

Out of stock at the moment, but I believe DietSmokes sells them as well.

You can get the Spade here at the VT Store.

Vaprlife has the VP1, VP2 and the new Vypr. VP1 & VP2 are currently on sale for a really good price.

The BB and Silver Bullet are from Altsmoke.

You may also want to consider the eGo from Janty.

I have two Spades, a VP2 and a Black Silver Bullet and they are all fabulous units. You'll need to look at them, and others and decide what's best for you. Don't hesitate to ask questions - I'm sure you'll have some. I will say that the Silver Bullet is pretty big and heavy, so you'll probably be more happy with the eGo, Spade or VP2. There are other units available and I'm sure you'll get some other suggestions.

Good info and links provided by everyone; which is fantastic.

I don't own an Ego (or if you buy it from Totally Wicked, it's known as the "Tornado"), but if I had to do things over again it would be a 50/50 tossup between it and the BB. The ego looks so much sexier than the BB, and is really on the verge of "mainstream PV" and the "mods".

I've seen plenty of good reviews here and at other places. It's a sexy and sleek device, yet has a big beefy battery. Sounds like win-win, but I just don't own one so I can't recommend it to you.

Whatever you decide to do, take the time to read the reviews and watch the videos. There are plenty of both for everything, and they're SO much fun to check out! :)

EDIT: After a quick minute to think about it, I realized that it really looks like I'm pushing you towards buying a mod. My bad. I don't want to do that. If you're happy with the standard 510 batteries, then that's what you should use. Just buy a couple extra and spring for the 5-battery charger that can charge 5 at once (which I own, and loved greatly until getting my BB). If you feel a little frisky, go for a mega battery. I actually love the mega batteries (not b/c of the better vape and longer lasting time between charges) but b/c it made the whole unit a bit longer and thus easier to hold, and also a bit more weighty so it didn't feel so light and whispy in my hand.

Edited by Brandon

NO Brandon ! I really appreciate the help. I am interested in Mods but do not know enough about them to order and Would not want to waste money and buy the wrong thing!

hmmm well I do like sexy ....maybe Ill have to check that out !!!:0