Ny To Ban E-Cigs?

It looks like this bill only proposes to ban sale to minors,I don't have a problem with that,unless your reading something I'm not I would support this proposal.I will add that I am nowhere near fluent in legalese,and may be missing something

"Prohibits the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors; prohibits distribution or sale of any item containing or delivering nicotine that is not defined by law as a tobacco product or approved by the United States food and drug administration for sale as a tobacco use cessation or harm reduction product."

The way I read it is there are 2 parts to the bill:

1.) Prohibits the sale of e-cigs to minors

2.) Prohibits the distribution or sale of e-cigs & e-juice.

However I am not a lawyer. Anybody else read it differently?

I have read it the same way as you Jeff.

Its a shame they word it in a way as to confuse people. But than again, thats NY for you. (use to live on the Island) But, it does say e-cigs not the liquid? Thas my understanding though.. I might be wrong too.

Well, I left a comment. But it has to be 'approved' by a 'moderator' before it'll appear. Here's what I wrote:

Electronic cigarettes have harmed no one. Requiring these products to be approved by the FDA will only ensure that a few large companies dominate the market, forcing the small companies that truly drive innovation out of business. Sounds to me like NY is beholden to the tobacco lobby, instead of its constituents. Rather than ban something the state has failed to investigate in an unbiased manner, I recommend that NY state and any other jurisdiction conduct actual value studies (NOT funded by pharmaceutical or tobacco companies) conducted in a scientific manner with no predetermined results. This is clearly nothing more than a lobby effort to quash competition.

Being a resident of NY I found this very concerning since I haven't read or seen anything about this. Granted I'm new to vaping so wasn't really looking for anything like this previously. I read it over a few times to make sure my layman mind didn't misconstrue anything in it. Most of it looks like it's pertaining to the sale and distribution to minor's. One paragraph that caught my attention the 3rd time I read through it was this...

"AN ACT to amend the public health law, in relation to prohibiting the

sale of electronic cigarettes to minors and in relation to prohibiting

the distribution or sale of any item containing or delivering nicotine

that is not defined by law as a tobacco product or approved by the

United States food and drug administration for sale as a tobacco use

cessation or harm reduction product"

Start's off directed towards minors, but immediately after it pertains to over all sale and distribution of PV's and anything related to vaping. Any other thought's?

Its intent is clearly to make the sale of e liquid illegal. I left a comment; I notice that it has not yet been 'approved.' This is nothing more than NY legislators doing the bidding of industry - big pharma and big tobacco.

Its intent is clearly to make the sale of e liquid illegal. I left a comment; I notice that it has not yet been 'approved.' This is nothing more than NY legislators doing the bidding of industry - big pharma and big tobacco.

Agreed. I'll be keeping my eye's peeled for more on this if Jeff doesn't beat me to the punch.

PURPOSE OR GENERAL IDEA OF BILL: This bill seeks to ban the sale and

distribution of items containing or delivering nicotine that are not

currently classified as tobacco products or approved as tobacco use

cessation or harm reduction products by the U.S. Food and Drug Adminis-

tration (FDA) and also to prevent minors from purchasing these products.

It's an outright ban of ecigs bill

PURPOSE OR GENERAL IDEA OF BILL: This bill seeks to ban the sale and

distribution of items containing or delivering nicotine that are not

currently classified as tobacco products or approved as tobacco use

cessation or harm reduction products by the U.S. Food and Drug Adminis-

tration (FDA) and also to prevent minors from purchasing these products.

It's an outright ban of ecigs bill

Yep......so why even mention preventing minors from purchasing? I mean if the product is BANNED... just how wud a minor buy it?

• 2 weeks later...

I posted about this last week. I was a noobie, though so could only paste in that section. They are not just seeking to ban e-cigarettes to minors, but all sales of e-cigs and e-juice because they are not approved by the FDA. "PURPOSE OR GENERAL IDEA OF BILL: This bill seeks to ban the sale and distribution of items containing or delivering nicotine that are not currently classified as tobacco products or approved as tobacco use cessation or harm reduction products by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and also to prevent minors from purchasing these products. "

I wrote some letters to the assemblymembers who are sponsoring the bill, and emailed them directly as opposed to posting in that comments box. I will now move onto those that are not sponsors, hoping to get someone in our corner who can defeat the bill. I think they're voting soon, though. I hope everyone who cares about keeping your vaping rights will write as well. I hope everyone does, because if NY enacts this I'm sure other states will follow.