Faulty Ego Battery

Well, I got a response from Ethan at Janty, and they are going to replace this battery. It is just too weird. It worked great for the first 2 charges. Then all the sudden it completely wonked out. I went ahead and put it on the charger over night. Got up this morning, popped it on. Push button, light comes on, but no heat to the atty, like it's not connected. Play around with it for a few minutes, adjusting the tightness, still nothing. Set it down and go back to bed. Woke up picked it up, and now it's vaping great. It's just intermittent when it wants to work. I guess Imm just the lucky one who got the fluke, as I havent seen anyone else with this problem. :p Anyway, just wanted to update ;)

Seems like some one reported similar problem, but it was the charger that was the problem, not the battery.

But, glad they're sending you out a new battery! Always good to hear when a supplier does what they should.

Edited by Brian

Janty and their warranty rocks. I've already ruined 1 atty (I'm a flooby noobie) and they replaced it without hesitation!

One of my batteries is now lasting only 6 hrs... it might need replacing soon too. But I trust they'll do right by me. I'm so glad I went with a warranty place for my one and only. After I get backup pv's I won't be near as worried about it and probably won't even bother. But for now, every penny counts.

This is good news. So far both of my eGo batteries are working great, but you never know. I'm going to purchase a couple of extra batteries soon. Gotta have my backups for my backups - even on batteries. :thumbsup: I figure I can rotate through all 4 batteries and that way if one gives out, I've still got 3 to rely on. It is good to know they will come through on their warranties though. Thanks for letting us know.

This is good news. So far both of my eGo batteries are working great, but you never know. I'm going to purchase a couple of extra batteries soon. Gotta have my backups for my backups - even on batteries. :thumbsup: I figure I can rotate through all 4 batteries and that way if one gives out, I've still got 3 to rely on. It is good to know they will come through on their warranties though. Thanks for letting us know.

You know... eventually you are going to have spent enuf on all these "backups" that you could have just bought a VP2 like I finally did! One battery lasts me all day long! Nah, I'm just givin' ya a hard time... you know that! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

You know... eventually you are going to have spent enuf that on all these "backups" that you could have just bought a VP2 like I finally did! One battery lasts me all day long! Nah, I'm just givin' ya a hard time... you know that! :thumbsup:

Nana has a VP2. She got an Ego to have something smaller and more portable, but without giving up great battery life. :)

Nana has a VP2. She got an Ego to have something smaller and more portable, but without giving up great battery life. :)

My bad! I just was trying to figure out the whole backup batteries, etc. Didn't realize it was because of the size...

Thanks for the clarification!

Beboe, Glad to hear Janty is taking care of your problem but I have 1 quick question. Are you sure it is the battery? The reason I ask this is because you said the battery light does come on. It really does sound like a connection problem. I'm sure you have already tried to clean the threads on the atty. Did you stick a paper towel in the top if the battery and dry it out? The other thing may be that the atty does not need to be screwed on so tight--overtightening may cause the bootom of the atty to push in too far and then it won't make good contact the next time you put it on. Just thought I would throw this out there so as to hopefully avoid future problems.

My bad! I just was trying to figure out the whole backup batteries, etc. Didn't realize it was because of the size...

Thanks for the clarification!

No problem. Brian is right.

I've had my VP2 for 4 months. I do love it and it's great most of the time. But there are just times that I want something small to carry around with me in my pocket, ro something I can hide in my hand, etc. But I have to have that long battery life, too. Besides, I'm all about those backups and if something happens to one, I don't want to be without. When I had to send my VP/PT in for repair and my regular 510 batteries were no good any more...I was just about in a panic. Especially since my VP2 was acting up at the same time. I mean, what if it quit and I had nothing left? Yikes!!! So, I ordered some new regular 510 batteries as backups and also got the eGo for my smaller unit and as a backup.

The 5packs of batteries don't have the warranties, but I think the single one does. (be sure to ask). The kits certainly have warranties. (6 months!!)

I thought about ordering the 5 pack to save some money, but don't know if I'm brave enough to take the chance. :dribble:

Beboe, Glad to hear Janty is taking care of your problem but I have 1 quick question. Are you sure it is the battery? The reason I ask this is because you said the battery light does come on. It really does sound like a connection problem. I'm sure you have already tried to clean the threads on the atty. Did you stick a paper towel in the top if the battery and dry it out? The other thing may be that the atty does not need to be screwed on so tight--overtightening may cause the bootom of the atty to push in too far and then it won't make good contact the next time you put it on. Just thought I would throw this out there so as to hopefully avoid future problems.

Yes, Ive tried everything. The first thing I did was check the bottom of the atty, and inside the battery to make sure there wasnt juice or debris there. Next thing I did was to try varying amounts of tightness to see if it was just a connection problem. Im sure it is a connection problem, but it seems as though its inside the battery that is the problem, and not anything to do with anything I can control. Right after I posted this thread, it just stopped working again. Set it down for a bit, and it started up again for a few minutes. Oh well, at least I have the second one, and it usually lasts me all day. I also have 8 510 batteries, so I will be good while I wait for my replacement battery :D

The other thing may be that the atty does not need to be screwed on so tight--overtightening may cause the bootom of the atty to push in too far and then it won't make good contact the next time you put it on. Just thought I would throw this out there so as to hopefully avoid future problems.

I would suspect that this has happened. I think you should try prying up the center posts on the battery/atty and see if that helps. I've done this before too... and it ended up I was just tightening it too snug and it pushed in the center post and wouldn't make good contact.