What Type Of Music Do You Listen To Mostly

Derrek

Ah yes, Metal. Back when Metallica didn't suck, Kix was more than a kids cereal and Lita Ford was hot.

I take serious offense to that statement! Metallica never sucked!

I am just kidding (I don't get offended over music, or much else for that matter)... being a total Metallica fan, 1983-1986 they were awesome, 1987-1994 they were pretty awsome, 1995-2001 they were kinda awesome, 2002-Present they are barley awesome....lol

I still keep them in the mix, but I listen to much more Machine Head, Slipknot, Hatebreed, and Lamb of God.

I think it is funny, the older I get I listen to less and less music. On normal days when I am driving I only get about 30 minutes of music and 4 - 5 hours of Audio Books, or Science based podcasts.

Edited by jasonculp

Loved Metallica until the 'black' album. Their departure from complex lyrics showed. Loved Ride the Lightning and yet they somehow managed to keep that style and sound without Dave Mustaine. Master of Puppets, awesome. By the time ...and Justice For All came about I was old enough to understand its political and social implications and they still kept their style. For me they fell apart after Black. St Anger was an utter mess and don't get me started on the Symphony stuff :sick: .

Having seen them live I will say that Hetfield is a better studio singer than live. I will also note that ...and Justice For All was a stellar album and was released within a few months of (in my opinion) the best concept album in rock history, Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime. Never get tired of that album. It's sad that most bands lose their edge with time. I have to say though, Iron Maiden is one of the exceptions.

Progressive Instrumental Metal/Rock (Dream Theater and Rush) to Hip Hop (NOT Rap). Stuff like Mos Def or Common, not Jay-Z or whatever.

But I mostly listen to bands like this:

http://youtu.be/NmfzWpp0hMc - Very technical, compositional type Berkley School Of Music graduates...

Music snob...

This is good, too. And this.

Edited by The Bone Slummer

This video gives me hope that REAL music will always exist inspite of Pop Culture.

Did you check out the first link in my post?

That's just one of the dozens of bands I could name that have so much talent, and will never be on the radio or make any charts....

Did you check out the first link in my post?

That's just one of the dozens of bands I could name that have so much talent, and will never be on the radio or make any charts....

Yes I did, I'm not sure what your point is ?

The guys in the video you linked are definitely talented. I was in a record store, yes a record store the day Images and Words was released. The owner had it on and I asked, "who the hell is that?". I bought the LP. yes I said LP as in vinyl. "Pull me under" is still their best song, IMO.

....and for anyone that's a Tool fan maybe you'll find this funny (parental advisory)

Edited by Mplough