What Type Of Music Do You Listen To Mostly

Derrek

Classic rock for me also, unless my daughters in the car then its pop & hip hop.

Gonna go see the Eagles in April at the Hollywood Bowl. :thumbsup:

Edited by jeffb

I do hafta agree with you both, i love the new stuff that i have (mainly underground, not radio pop rock) but i can get down with the classics as well. If only john bohnam could raise from the dead for 1 world wide comeback tour i would sell everything i had just to see it :unworthy:

I actually like a lot of different kinds of music. Rock is my staple, but I like blues, bluegrass, some (but very little) country, rockabilly and gospel. Rap/hip-hop are out. My taste in rock is guitar-driven - David Gilmour/Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Foo Fighters, older ZZ Top, etc. Recent discoveries that rate high are Broken Records, Built to Spill, Delta Spirit, Andrew Bird (although that guy can't really be categorized) and The Big Pink. For blues the standards are Keb' Mo', Los Lonely Boys, SRV, Henry Thomas and Joe Bonamassa. I like some Christian rock, notably The Call and Third Day. Warren Zevon is way up near the top of my list, and also Wishbone Ash for a good nostalgia rush.

Now you've done it - I'm going through my collection again...

Classical for me due to distorted hearing. Everything I grew up with sounds off key now. Who knows what Mozart really sounded like :rofl:

Edited by Ray

I actually like a lot of different kinds of music. Rock is my staple, but I like blues, bluegrass, some (but very little) country, rockabilly and gospel. Rap/hip-hop are out. My taste in rock is guitar-driven - David Gilmour/Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Foo Fighters, older ZZ Top, etc. Recent discoveries that rate high are Broken Records, Built to Spill, Delta Spirit, Andrew Bird (although that guy can't really be categorized) and The Big Pink. For blues the standards are Keb' Mo', Los Lonely Boys, SRV, Henry Thomas and Joe Bonamassa. I like some Christian rock, notably The Call and Third Day. Warren Zevon is way up near the top of my list, and also Wishbone Ash for a good nostalgia rush.

Now you've done it - I'm going through my collection again...

Blues, R&B, those are my roots. I go back to muddy waters, howlin wolf (and I'm not actually that old), sam and dave, john lee hooker, ray charles. Favorite band is Pink Floyd, then The Who, the Stones, the Beatles.

• 1 year later...

Classic rock for sure.Some of the new stuff I heard is like "what the heck is that?""They call that music?""My cat sounds better than that!"(hehe)To each his own I guess.I can also do country ............sometimes.I got wierd one day and bought a classical cd.............because I could.Mozart I think,listened to it once,don't know what happened to it............Anyway,definately classic rock.I like to stroll down memory lane.

Like many others, I,too, love all the genres. Various times of my life I was a devotee to one genre at a time and would even "hate" the other ones. But overall, it really doesn't matter what station is on, there will be a song that makes me jump up and yell "I love that song!!".

Overall, the genre I most often call home is Country. From Tanya Tucker's "ain't gonna be no more boo hooing" to KT Oslins "come next Monday" to Garth Brooks "friends in lowly places".... I am constantly being brought into a happy sing along with my "family" state of mind. Country is "family".

The Blues, the Classic Rock, (CCR still rocks!!! I could play "runnin through the jungle" all day every day lol) .... how can one pick one favorite for every hour of every day of every year? Impossible. I am ecclectic and proud of it.

Play it (jazz style going to New Orleans by Kidd Rock) again Sam

Edited by Uma

you name it i listen to it...save country and this new crap that's on the radio (you cant spell crap without rap lol). classical music, reggae, funk, blues, metal, rock i love it all. but being a bass player alot of the stuff i listen to is pretty bass driven. my uncle brought me up on old motown records like the temptations, the four tops, the marvelettes, the jackson 5 etc. and some classic rock/heavy metal like zeppelin, sabbath, iron maiden, kiss etc. but like i said i love it all \m/

• 5 months later...

Sometimes music to my ears are the sounds of nature. Wind through the leaves, footsteps of creatures in the woods, crickets frogs and birds, babbling brook. Together with a soft instrumental acoustic guitar is ideal.

Also, crank it to 11 and rock the joint works well too.

Sometimes music to my ears are the sounds of nature. Wind through the leaves, footsteps of creatures in the woods, crickets frogs and birds, babbling brook. Together with a soft instrumental acoustic guitar is ideal.

Also, crank it to 11 and rock the joint works well too.

Damn hippie :p

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Edited by bobthesalesclerk