Uk E-Cig Appeal

I only wish I could sign the petition. Thanks Brian, let's hope we have some equally articulate folks asking for help when the time comes here again. We absolutely have to ensure that our lives are not put at risk again by losing the one successful analog alternative we've found.

The UK government has a petition system by which their citizens can make their voices heard, but this does not leave the rest of us completely out of this battle.

PLEASE GO TO THIS LINK and take a few minutes to give your opinion. This is a public consultation on the topic, and no where, at least that I can find, does it say anything about having to be a citizen of the UK. You'll be able to clink on a link to a PDF that contains the proposal, or click on "Response form for MLX 364" to enter your name, email, address, and write (or paste) your opinion. There's just a couple of other boxes to click, and that's that. PLEASE Everybody take the time to do this. Every piece of legislation like this that gets passed in any country will be cited by the FDA as some sort of global precedent.

As an example, here's my message, please feel free to use any or all of it if you just don't have time to write your own. I do encourage everyone to tell their own story, politely, and succinctly.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing as a member of the growing global community of people who use electronic cigarettes. I began using a personal vaporizer on 27 November, 2009 and stopped using tobacco cigarettes four days later. I had smoked at least a pack of cigarettes a day for the previous 18 years. I had quit smoking numerous times by using nicotine gum and lozenges, but had always gone back to tobacco cigarettes. I began using electronic cigarettes, hoping to find a safer, more economical way to use nicotine, without constantly sucking in the terrible tar, chemicals and carcinogens found in tobacco smoke.

I must say that I was amazed by the electronic cigarette. After just a few days, I stopped using tobacco completely. My breathing got deeper, as my “smokers cough” went away. I have no urge to smoke tobacco, at all. My concern is over possible legislation, banning or severely regulating the liquid that electronic cigarette users vaporize in their devices. I know that, in my situation, a ban such as this would send me back into the world of tobacco use. I always enjoyed smoking, and now enjoy “vaping.” I consider it a much safer alternative. My nicotine addiction is not going away, and I don’t want it to. I understand the health risks associated with nicotine, and I am not so foolish as to think that there is absolutely no harm or risk involved with vaporizing a flavored, nicotine liquid, and sucking it into my lungs. I do believe the dangers involved in e-cig use are infinitesimal compared to the use of tobacco cigarettes.

I would just like to state my personal opinion, that any body, enacting legislation that would completely ban the liquid used in electronic cigarettes, knowing full well that tobacco cigarettes are legal to purchase virtually everywhere on the planet, is doing more to endanger the health of the general populace, than protect it.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my opinion.

John Richards

Edited by SmokinHammer

Done, copied and pasted it and sent it to them. I really hope this works. I think that there is enough people who use e-cigs to change the ban and hopefully the fda and mhra and others will realize the potential of them.

John that is a fantastic piece of writing. +1 for sure. I'll use some of that for my own story and add it to the queue. I truly hope legislators everywhere take an unusual path for once, and ignore the money coming at them in favor of the duty to their constituents that they've sworn to. Thank you for a wonderful post.

Yes, every vaper out there should participate in this http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Publications/Consultations/Medicinesconsultations/MLXs/CON065617. Takes 5 minutes or less of your time. This will in the long term effect every vaper in the free world.

Please, stop this ban... I don't want to ever go back to using tobacco again.

Thank you

Tikki

Edited by tikiburii

• 4 weeks later...

I have to agree. This fight belongs to us all. The only hope we have is unity. our community is growing daily, but still need every voice we can muster to fight in the UK and or the US.