I need help understanding if I need coils

coffeeboy

I'm an old guy and was given a Vision 2 to start my vaping journey. I have been reading that coils need to replaced quite often in vapes, but when I go to shop nobody could tell me what to order. Finally one person said since I am using pre-filled carts they have coils built in and the Vision Spinner 2 does not have a coil itself, Is this true?  Does the Spinner 2 have a coil? I plan to use the pre-filled cartridges while I am learning for now. Again I need to understand this whole coil thing.

A Vision Spinner 2 is just the battery part (the lower part with the on/off button). The tank that holds the eliquid and screws in on top of that is what has a coil inside that will need periodic replacement, what you're calling a 'cart'. If you're using a pre-filled cart/tank, they come preinstalled with the coils inside and it does not need to be replaced. Not knowing exactly the type and style of 'cart' you're using, I can't give you more specifics than that but all the pre-filled units I'm familiar with, none of them have coils that can be replaced, they're all one piece.

That said, I'm also not familiar with any all-in-one carts that are used with Vision Spinners, only tanks.

Good for you to start vaping instead of smoking.

Thanks! You actually explained it better than anyone on vape sub reddits. I've asked this of several people. Thanks! Yes I am using the all in one cartridges. As I am understanding it now a cart (cartridge) is a disposable where the tank is one that you fill yourself. I think I finally got it!

Yes, that's it. I've never seen an all-in-one cartridge for Vision Spinners before. I have several that I still use on occasion, but I use mine with a Kangor mini and a 1.8 ohm coil. This combination was very popular when they first came out many years ago now, but I still enjoy them now and then.

I'm glad I was able to answer your question. Hope all goes well!