Went To The Doctor

Brian

Finally went to see a doctor today. :doctor: I've known for a while that things just aren't right with me, but I hate going to see a doctor and haven't been for about 4 years. As I approached the office building there was a big sign posted on the doory saying "No tobacco products allowed in this building". I figured that didn't bode well for my ecig success story. Anyhow, when the dreaded "do you smoke" question came up I said "well, I've been using an electronic cigarette and haven't had a real cigarette in over 50 days." Amazingly, when I said "electronic cigarette" she got this huge smile on her face. All she said was "that's great!" I was surprised to say the least.

She did scare me a little though. After explaining all my symptoms she is referring me to a cardiologist. Ok - truth is I'm more than a little scared. :unsure:

Glad the Dr. was happy with the 'not smoking'. Just look at the cardiologist-the same as you would a mechanic-Just going in for a bit of a tune up !!! If nothing else you will have the best physical you have had in years. Always best to fix problems early--don't want the engine to freeze up......

You'll be OK !!!!!

Hang in there, Brian. Stress isn't healthy, but I know it must be hard to not worry. Look at it this way...you've quit smoking, finally gone to the doctor, and now you will work to resolve any issues they may find. You are on the right track and taking charge of your health. That's a great thing! Be proud of yourself! :thumbsup:

Why did she refer to the Cardiologist, Brian? High blood pressure? I'm on meds for high blood pressure, thats why I ask.

Well, hang in there, it could be worse. It could be snowin'.. :D

Been having pains in my chest, and tightening, shortness of breath and chronic fatigue. Not severe pain, but definately noticable. Also flutters in my heart (don't know of any other way to describe it) and sometimes rapid heart beat. This is something I've experienced for a few years, but it usually comes and goes. Over the past few months it's gotten worse. Since I was a smoker and since my dad had a heart attack when he was only 54, she didn't feel comfortable with just ordering a stress test. She said stress test are only about 75% accurate and she wanted to make sure I didn't fall through the cracks. She said that between now an my appointment, if I have any pain that doesn't subside, get my butt to the ER.

Snow? We're suppose to get a big snow storm starting Friday (last time I check).

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Much appreciated.

It sounds like they might be saving you a lot of greif.I attributed all those symptoms to getting old and ignored them until I had a heart attack.Heart attacks are not as much fun as you would think.But after having a stent put in and getting enough pills I rattle like marracas in the morning all is well six years later.Make sure you go to the Dr. regularly and follow the advice and you should be fine.My cardiologist y=thinks the vaping is great as it got me off the ciggs ,I was unable to quit even after a heart attck .People always said how stupid are you ?You had a heart attack and still smoke?They don't realise how addictive smoking is.I know a lot of cancer patients who wish they could quit but just cannot.

Your Dr. is right--chest pain = ER !!!! no messing around. Avoid caffeine--not good for fast heart rate or palpitations (flutters). Good thing your engine is getting a check up.

one thing I know for sure--it's treatable.

Brian..sorry to hear all that. Hope it's nothing serious, but you know we are all in your corner.

At least you didnt put it off any longer.

Good luck man, I'm rootin for ya!!!

p.s. if anything happens, can I have your purple letters?

Edited by snubber

Brain Glad to hear things went smooth to your no smoking story and things wil be fine I had to go through the same issues and once I did the stress testing found my heart is still in great condition but let me also explain not knowing your age med history and eating habits I had two myocardial infarctions in less than four months due to becoming a diabetic and having high glucose levels I"m only 43 and I have through diet and eating been capable of getting a grasp of it all in under a years time just like with smoking small measure can reverse a large amount of damage done so hang in there don't sit and fret over something it may be nothing you've come this far you will go further ,as its said "And This TO Shall Pass" just believe you will get through it think positive bro

take care let us know how it goes for ya

Vaping and hanging in spirit

Angel :innocent:

Edited by AngelCruz

Been having pains in my chest, and tightening, shortness of breath and chronic fatigue. Not severe pain, but definately noticable. Also flutters in my heart (don't know of any other way to describe it) and sometimes rapid heart beat. This is something I've experienced for a few years, but it usually comes and goes. Over the past few months it's gotten worse. Since I was a smoker and since my dad had a heart attack when he was only 54, she didn't feel comfortable with just ordering a stress test. She said stress test are only about 75% accurate and she wanted to make sure I didn't fall through the cracks. She said that between now an my appointment, if I have any pain that doesn't subside, get my butt to the ER.

Snow? We're suppose to get a big snow storm starting Friday (last time I check).

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Much appreciated.

Hey Brian, I would hang on to the fact this has happened before as good news, but definitely don't screw around and get it checked out. Hoping for the best.

Sorry I missed this Brian. I haven't read all the comments, but just know that I'm sending excellent hippie vibes all around the earth on your behalf. :D I'm sure that will really turn things around!

Honestly, I hope all goes well for you. Hang in there and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

• 1 month later...