Vapor Hookah?

ThePhillyPhil

I am not a cigarette smoker... never was.

I am a HUGE Hookah Smoker and I have not been able to find a Vapor / E-Cig Hookah.

Does anyone know if one exists out there?

My biggest concern is that a regular e-cig or pass through will not be able to generate the huge smoke clouds like a hookah would. So I am not opposed to making an e-cig Hookah by piping together 3 or 4 usb 5 volt Pass throughs.

Has anyone ever taken a few puffs from 2 or 3 e-cigs at a time?

How do E-cigs compare to a hookah? The Drawn? The throat hit? The smoke cloud production?

gallery_1674_31_656.jpg

Go to Edmund Scientific and you should be able to find something that would suffice.Some Pyrex hanging over a 60 watt light bulb hooked to a dimmer should about do it.There is one mod called the Shotgun that has two atty's mounted side by side .

Edited by mcquinn

No E Hookah exists yet. They where supposed to release something about a year ago but the project was placed on the back burner. I wouldn't be surprised to see something come out this year though.

I am working on a mod to connect it to my hookah from the bowl.... Still needs some tinkering.

I will update.

I think Janty was working on one about a year ago like Chris said. Not sure what happened to that.

Mcquinn, what a way cool idea! :thumbsup:

Edited by jmhester

• 2 years later...

I see this is an old post and recently I have been looking for the e-hookah... see a lot of back and forth on the subject - - i finally found a 'wholesale vendor' and will be getting one soon enough.. i'm curious how well it works to product smoke - ie. passing water vapor through water could be interesting. Ran a quick test in the lab - had a dual cylinder test-tube with water trap - ran my e-cigar through the intake, with a vacuum pump on the tail... aside from nearly sucking all the water up into the pump 10^-3 torr - it seemed to pull smoke through the water... will post some findings once I get it.

cheers!

I personally don't want cool vapor.

Not sure if i'm following "cool vapor". traditional hookahs do the same thing - bubble hot smoke through cool water, beer, cream (etc..) to take the "edge" off the smoke... I've never smoked cig's and when I have cigars - i don't inhale... but when/if I do -it's to harsh! yet with hookah - it's no problem - can handle the smoke... Granted - smoke vice e-smoke may have a different feeling... all the reasons why this experiment is ongoing!

If no one makes one, they should. I would totally get an e-hookah. I never tried a standard one but always wanted to. Closest I've gotten is hookah e-juice.

Got it covered, order is in and a test e-kah is on it's way. I've been looking to get one since I've been in transition from cigars to e-gars. I do a lot of training events and e-hookahs would be perfect... hot weather, dry drought conditions and hookah coals don't mix well in open environments. Plan is to get it, test it, and post it. I want to make sure the claim smoke still makes it's way through the water is accurate (like I said - vapor bubbling through water is what it is...) Reading up on some of the chemistry of glycerol - so at this point, my assumption is the smoke is mostly vaporized glycerol and not "plumed water vapor". Curious what the temperature of the carto's get to... but I digress...

I saw a bad ad for "pre-purchase" an e-hookah for $299; maybe posted here or another forum.... claim was it still was under development... ??? no surprise - the product was discontinued and no one (if anyone) got it.

I expect to receive it in 2 weeks and will go from there... Since I'm not going to launch a major business campaign and purchase 3000 e-kah's for the optimal bulk discounted price - I can only guess what retailers might sell them for... I guess the above ad was trying to see - little supply, identify the demand - price at 299... From what I'm seeing on the one i'm getting, if there existed an MSRP on such an item, would be below 200 - depending on shipping cost and so forth...

btw - hookah e-juice? what flavor is that??? Gotta come up with classics - double apple, mint, banana, etc... in a fancy package by al-faruk :)

cheers for now!

VW

btw - hookah e-juice? what flavor is that??? Gotta come up with classics - double apple, mint, banana, etc... in a fancy package by al-faruk :)

cheers for now!

VW

http://www.juicyvapor.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VJ-000739

I've only tried honey hookah so far, and it is probably one of my all time favorites. I just reordered some and added some small bottles of raspberry hookah and wild blueberry hookah to try as well.

I think what would be neat is a hookah design where the central body contains a main power supply, and each "hose" provides power to an individual connection for a carto/tank/atty. You could use it for social vaping sessions but instead of cooling the vapor through water, each end would actually have an individual delivery device connection. You could even incorporate a variable voltage potentiometer on each mouthpiece to accommodate individual vaping preferences.

Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

SC-2.jpg

Features

Stanley is not your ordinary "hooka". A 3:1 "scaled" version of the original, Stanley packs a solid six pack of "kicks". That's right folks he is the table model of 6 Darwins. Each of your vaping friends will be able to adjust their own wattage towards individual vaping Nirvana while cheering for their favourite team. Just like the real cup, Champagne can be sipped from the cup by the victors.

This bad boy packs a 6 cell AW 26500 battery battery pack hooked up in parallel, that should see you and your friends enjoy this apparatus for the duration of a series without recharging. YMMV!

Be the first to own one,. and you will be the envy of all your hockey/vaping aficionados.

Edited by Rixter

I know of a company based in California who is working on a high quality e-hookah (same concept as e-cigarettes). I think it will turn out to be really good for those who love hookah and e-cigarettes. Great product for hookah lounges too. I guess the next best thing would be e-coal? lol.

I'll update you on the release date as soon as I find out. I'm looking forward to getting one myself :)

Cheers

Lindsay

seems like a interesting product, but theres one thought i keep thinking about. If you are vaping a hooka and the vapor goes thru water like, aka a real hooka wouldnt the vapor dissapeear or be less effective? would the cool water absorb most of the nicotine?

• 2 weeks later...

Being a hookah smoker for years, I can honestly say that there is not a replacement for hookah itself. There are ecigs that produce pretty large vapor clouds, but hookah is a very hard art to copy electronically.

I'm using the Totally Wicked Tornado tank with the Dual tank adaptor. This produces pretty large clouds and has a smooth hit. Still not the same as hookah, though.

An electronic hookah is a definite possibility. I'm not sure how a real hookah is supposed to work but I imagine it is something like a water bong. My brother and I were messing around with homemade attys and he came up with the idea of having this atty completely submerged in liquid. When I or more persons draw in, air comes through a tube and bubbles through the e-liquid and past the atty, etc. Having a coil completely submerged in liquid and getting it to work this way could be something that will come out soon and I want you to know that it is nothing new. We made this thing a year ago and lost interest(we are not the guys who are interested in inventing mods for mass production). Also it doesn't have to bubble past the atty. Low pressure above the submerged atty with certain other requirements will make this work very well and vapor production is the best possible and you'll never have a dry hit again. I can see a design for this in my head for a practical device and I'm surprised that I haven't seen something like it yet. But when you do, remember, I told you so and it was the idea of my brother and myself.