Looking to get a Pod

cany

Of all the pod systems I've tried I liked GhoStick the best but they discontinued making those some time ago. Otherwise, the pod systems I've tried haven't really impressed me much.

AKSO by HCigar

SLM by Smok

jc01 and jc02 by OVNS weren't horrible but they were so small I'd have a hard time finding them in my purse.

My main complaint about any of the pods I've used is that they all seem to wind up leaking all over the place. Good luck finding one you like! I hope you let us know what it is and maybe do a short review when you find it? I'd love to have something small and more portable than the rig I use everyday.

@Tam just picked up the nord 4 charging it now also picked up some 6 mg juice I havent bought either in a long time cant wait to try them both. I love my older mods I sticks ETC but was looking for something lighter and more pocket friendly (older stuff with tanks tend to leak when in pocket or laying down on their sides) I hope this fits the bill

Think I goofed on my Nic amount so far the flavor is good but the hit is very hard Im guessing its because of the NIC in the juice I bought some insteaD OF USING MY OWN MIXES live and learn been a while since I used nic in my juice

Edited by cany

5 hours ago, Tam said:

Glad you're liking the pod now. How did you fix the harsh vape issue?

I cut the 6ml NIC juice with some no nic juice tomorrow Im picking up some 1.2ohm coils for it hopefully I can vape the NIC with that.. In most of my time vaping I never really used NIC in my mixes to vape but when I actually bought it I seem to like it

5 hours ago, Ethan Jones said:

I was also thinking about buying something in this category. So after looking at this thread. I think I’m going to try this Nord 4 from smok.

Its a good choice no issues at all with it so far

I'm a vape/pod junkie. I have 3-4 mods and 7-8 pods. It's ridiculous, really. But to answer the question I have two favorites and they are the ZERO and the SUORIN. The ZERO's drag is a bit easier than all the others I've tried.

I have a *terrible* time getting any flavor from my juice (no matter what flavor or brand) and spent *way* to much money desperate for a pod that I could taste from. Finally it clicked what people were trying to tell me (in totally techy geeky terms) and that is a pod doesn't get hot enough to generate the flavor.  I found that I don't get any flavor until I get up to vaping at like 90.

Hope that helps.

Deb

14 hours ago, DebC said:

I'm a vape/pod junkie. I have 3-4 mods and 7-8 pods. It's ridiculous, really. But to answer the question I have two favorites and they are the ZERO and the SUORIN. The ZERO's drag is a bit easier than all the others I've tried.

I have a *terrible* time getting any flavor from my juice (no matter what flavor or brand) and spent *way* to much money desperate for a pod that I could taste from. Finally it clicked what people were trying to tell me (in totally techy geeky terms) and that is a pod doesn't get hot enough to generate the flavor.  I found that I don't get any flavor until I get up to vaping at like 90.

Hope that helps.

Deb

The zero thats make by smok?

8 hours ago, Tam said:

I believe she's talking about the Zero made by Vaporesso but I could be mistaken. That sounds like an interesting pod. I'm curious to hear more from @DebC about her experiences with it.

My bad smok made a nord X I thought it was called the zero

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Tam said:

Cool. Thanks, Cany, for the update. I'm glad to hear you've found something portable and that works!

They are very durable too I cant tell you how many times I have dropped them/fell out of my pocket and not one issue

• 7 months later...
On 9/12/2023 at 1:03 PM, ElianaLandry said:

The Nord 4 from Smok is definitely a solid choice, known for its reliability and performance. But of course, there are many other options out there that could suit your needs too.

But of course, there are many other options out there that could suit your needs too. If you haven't yet, I'd recommend checking out Driplocker.com. They've got an extensive selection of pod systems along with helpful guides and reviews to steer you in the right direction.
Pod systems are generally great for their convenience and portability, but each has its own unique features, like battery life, coil options, and airflow adjustments.

Edited by ElianaLandry

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2022 at 12:12 PM, Tam said:

I believe she's talking about the Zero made by Vaporesso but I could be mistaken. That sounds like an interesting pod. I'm curious to hear more from @DebC about her experiences with it.

I've used the Vaporesso Zero, which is actually the "Renova" Zero (just one of Vaporesso's brands). I think I've had 3 or 4 of them by now. I don't use one anymore but I used to appreciate how small they are. My qualm with them though was that they leaked somewhat often and it was annoying enough that I switched vapes. They might have improved it but it seemed to leak pretty frequently. They'd leak both in my mouth and inside the area where the pod connects to the device. I remember regularly pulling the pod and cleaning the connection area with a paper towel to keep it nice and clean, which is frankly not something I think you should ever need to do with a vape. As if regular leaks weren't enough, I purchased one Zero that had a defective battery where the opening to slip the pod in was too tight for the pod to fit properly and it would squeeze the pod, which seemed to spawn regular e-juice leaks - it was awful.

Despite the problems I've had with the Zero, the worst pod vape I've probably used is the Juul. And the best one to date is probably the Vaporesso Xros, which is kind of surprising seeing as Vaporesso is also behind the Zero that I've come to despise lol.

If you need a good reason to choose one vape over another, you might consider what I consider: can you buy it and replacement pods at your local smoke/vape shop? With both the Xros and the Zero I know I can always find pods at at least one of the local shops here so I'm stuck searching online and then waiting for my pods to arrive in the mail.