Which would you choose...?

Boston Brian

Hey guys I am Boston Brian and I'm a new member. I was an avid vaper from 2014-2017, but I went back to smoking nasty cancer sticks and came back to vaping in January of this year. I picked up a Smok RPM80 and it's not a bad pod system setup, but I want to get back into sub ohm vaping and after extensive research I have come down to 3 top box mod kit contenders and I want to know which of these 3 options you would pick. Also if anyone owns any of these three vape kits can you please let me know what you think of them. 1. Freemax Maxus 100W w/ MaxLuke Tank 2. Geekvape Aegis Max 100W w/ Zeus sub ohm tank 3. Vapresso Gen S w/ NRG-S Tank. Please let me know what you would go with!

Thanks,

Boston Brian

Edited by Boston Brian
Mis spell

1 hour ago, cany said:

Welcome aboard I wish I could help I dont use any of those my sub ohm setup it a Kanger subtank mini on an 80W Istick

How funny that we both use "old" equipment, @cany. It's been a few years since I stopped buying all the new shiny things that came out and am happy with my Eleaf iStick Power 80W and Aspire Triton 2 tank. Just looked and it seems that Eleaf just "brought back" the iStick in a new iStick Power 2. The only real change I can see is that they stuck some leather on the grip and the price is higher.

Sorry, @Boston Brian, no help with your top choices, although I will say that I've never had any luck with the Vapresso brand of anything. Welcome to Vapor Talk and good luck finding a new rig that suits you best! You might try doing a search on Youtube to see some reviews on your top three.  :)

Just now, cany said:

@Tam I have a closet full of old shinny stuff I stocked up lol

Yep. When the vape mail ban was announced I stocked up on extra tanks, coils and iSticks (over a dozen?). Also stocked up on coils to go with all my old Kanger tanks that I have on hand. I'm set for quite some time now. Got back ups for my back-up back-ups.  :lol:   

Just now, Tam said:

Yep. When the vape mail ban was announced I stocked up on extra tanks, coils and iSticks (over a dozen?). Also stocked up on coils to go with all my old Kanger tanks that I have on hand. I'm set for quite some time now. Got back ups for my back-up back-ups.  :lol:   

The one thing I didnt get were old Kanger coils and they are hard to find now

I have retired most of my Subtank minis, I mostly use Vapefly Brunhilde tanks now, they are a little smaller than the Subtank mini and hold more juice. No coil to replace and only take about 5 minutes to rebuild.

22 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I have retired most of my Subtank minis, I mostly use Vapefly Brunhilde tanks now, they are a little smaller than the Subtank mini and hold more juice. No coil to replace and only take about 5 minutes to rebuild.

My Triton 2 also has a separate unit so I can rebuild my own coils if I want. There's about 4 of those around here somewhere...  😄