Vaporesso PodStick Pod Kit 900mAh

timwis

Hi Vapor Talk members, In this review i take a look at the Podstick from Vaporesso. The PodStick Pod Kit 900mAh was supplied free of charge for the purpose of this review by Jessica from Vaporesso.

Introduction

Vaporesso are one of the most popular mainstream vaping manufacturers and continue to produce high quality devices whether it's high quality vape pens right up to high powered devices with the latest innovations. The PodStick is quite a basic device but excellently executed giving both a genuine MTL and DL option. With 3 power levels, 5 tier battery feedback and a suburb slide to fill valve filling method the PodStick may be quite basic but it's well worth q good look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x PodStick Kit
2 x Pods - CCELL 1.3ohm (Pre-installed), MESHED 0.6ohm(In box)
1 x E-juice Bottle
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The PodStick came in the usual Cardboard box packaging with plastic inner tray that Vaporesso products tend to come in. We have recently seen what have been referred to has Pod Mods and the PodStick with it's squared off front and rounded body can best be described as a Pod Vape Pen so PodStick is a very apt name for it. I received the Splashed version but there are options to suit most tastes which are Blue, Black, Splashed, Phantom, Gold and Silver. Up top we have a tinted pod with fixed central Black rounded drip tip, the pod fits into the device at an angle with plenty of the pod showing to see your juice.

On the squared front of the device we have a round protruding Bronze coloured fire button towards the top, this is followed by a vertical row of 5 LED indicators for battery status. At the bottom of the flat face we have branding but apart from also a small vaporesso logo at the bottom of the spine the device is quite plain. Finally we have the micro USB port on the base which i must admit is not my favourite position as i like to stand vaping devices upright while charging.

The PodStick is very light being constructed of Aluminium and is also very portable and comfortable in the hand, it's build quality can't be faulted.

PodStick Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 18 x 22 x 111mm
Pod Capacity: 2ml
Pods: 1.3ohm CCELL, 0.6ohm Meshed
Battery: 900mAh built-in battery
Battery Indicator: 20%-40%-60%-80%-100%
Charging Current: 1A
Material: PCTG, Aluminium
Fitting sub-ohm and MTL vaping
5 Level LED Battery Indication
Automatically recognizes coil to reduce dry hit
5 Times bigger contact area for faster heating and richer flavors
PTF-on-top combined with a sliding top cap increases PodStick Child-safety even further.
Colours: Blue, Black, Splashed, Phantom, Gold, Silver

The Pods

The Pods are sealed units as far as the coils are concerned so when you are no longer getting decent flavour it's the whole pod that needs replacing as the coils can't be replaced.

you receive 2 pods which house different coils one being a 1.3ohm CCELL and the other having a mesh coil with a resistance of 0.6ohm. The Pods have a fixed mouthpiece that mimics a straight 510 well positioned centrally and the pod itself is quite darkly tinted which some might find as a con but as i had no issues seeing the juice level for me its a non-issue. The base of the pod is flat and metallic, towards the rear we have our negative and positive contacts.

Filling The Pods

The Pods for the PodStick have a fantastic filling system that i love which comprises both slide to fill and push to fill methods into one, the system is both quick and easy but also child safe. First you push back the top of the pod where clearly indicated which reveals a push down filling valve. Push the valve with the nozzle of your bottle and fill, once filled remove your nozzle and the valve closes. After filling the top of the pod can be slid shut and that's it ! The pods hold a "good" 2ml of e-liquid.

Supplied Filling Bottle

Some nozzles might be too big for a mess free fill although most are fine but you do receive a bottle to decant to which works great. I actually didn't use the bottle in the package as i already use the same design bottle i also received with a Vaporesso product over a year ago and use it to fill all my tanks, pods and cartridges as it doesn't matter how big the fill port it always gives me a quick, mess free fill.

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the bay we can see the two Gold plated, spring loaded contacts on raised platforms and towards the front quite a large rectangular magnet. We can also see to the rear a very small cut-out which will let air to the pod and the fit is on the angle.

When it comes to fitting the pod it stops with about 0.5mm left then you press down and it gives one hell of a satisfying click as it securely fixes into place, it seems the magnet is just for back up as the pod is going nowhere just how tight it press fits, cracking job!

Using The PodStick

The Podstick is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and off and we get a little light show to confirm either action. When on the device fires using the physical fire button (so not draw activated) but we do have 3 different power settings.

Because we get different wattage outputs dependant on which pod is being used the 3 different power settings are obviously different constant voltage outputs but are just referred to as low, medium and high and rather than giving the voltage the different wattage outputs are given instead.

To change between power settings is 3 quick clicks of the fire button and then the surround of the fire button flashes 3 times in the corresponding colour to the setting now set, each 3 clicks moves to the next setting. The power settings corresponding colours and wattage outputs are the following:

CCELL 1.3ohm Pod

Red = 9W
Blue = 10.5W
Green = 12.5W

Meshed 0.6ohm Pod

Red = 17W
Blue = 20W
Green = 22W

The PodStick also has excellent battery status indications with 5 LED's each one representing 20% of battery life. When taking a vape the LED's light up to give feedback so indications are the following:

0 - 20% = 1 light
21 - 40% = 2 lights
41 - 60% = 3 lights
61 - 80% = 4 lights
81 - 100% = 5 lights

As well as battery status given while vaping the surround of the fire button also lights to show which power setting you are using. Finally the PodStick as all the usual safety protections which when they kick in are indicated by various flashes.

İmageİmage
İmageİmage

My Experience Using The PodStick

The PodStick might not have all the bells and whistles of an Orion or Pod Mod but it's one excellently executed device. You can tell the difference in the three power levels which isn't always the case with these type devices and can use them to get the warmth of vape you prefer. The PodStick offers both genuine MTL and DL options and the battery status feedback is as good as it gets on pod type devices.

Using the 0.6ohm pod i found this gave a choice between a restricted lung hit but a loose MTL was also possible, the flavour was good with no break-in time and the 5 refills that Vaporesso claim i can't argue with because after 5 refills the flavour did just start to drop off but i got another 2 fills before i considered the flavour too muted to continue use. I used this pod with the Blue, middle setting with 3mg 70VG e-juice and the battery life wasn't terrible but it did need charging a couple of times in a day (that was when using it as my only device) but then i vape a lot.

Moving to the pod with the CCELL i used this with 20mg 50/50 nic salts on the highest Green setting and it really gave a satisfying MTL draw. The draw isn't super tight but more of a mid range cigarette pull but definitely suited to those trying to quit the stinkies! The flavour with this pod started quite muted but by the time i had got through the first pod full the flavour was singing, this really shines! I am at the 5 refills stage with this pod and not suffering any drop off in flavour so the longevity of this pod is very good. When using the CCELL pod the battery life is much better as it's using less power and less pulls needed with high mg or nic salts so it will last the average vapor if not the entire day the best part of it.

Overall comparable to other pod type devices battery life is good and having 1A charging the 900mAh battery was charged in an hour which is spot on but i don't like the USB port being on the base. Again i must say how well executed battery status feed back is and you can easily check both battery status and the power setting you are using. Finally the fill method is excellent and supplied bottle another big pro.

Although a really good job as been done with the draw for the two different pods obviously adjustable airflow would of been better and also not being able to replace the coils but having to replace the whole pod isn't the most efficient when it comes to economics but it's another great product from Vaporesso!

Very good build quality
Light
Portable
Ergonomic
6 Colour options
Three constant power levels
Can easily check battery status and power setting
Excellent 5 tier battery status feedback
Different fixed airflow for the two different pods
CCELL (MTL) Pod and Mesh (DL) Pod
CCELL Pod gives cigarette type draw
Mesh Pod gives restrictive lung or loose MTL (whichever you prefer)
Mesh Pod good flavour on par longevity
CCELL Pod gives excellent flavour and very good longevity
Very good battery life with CCELL Pod
Pods fit very securely
Charges in an hour
Side to fill valve filling system
Supplied filling bottle
Experienced no leaking

Cons

Coils not replaceable
Airflow not adjustable
Tinted Pods (not a con for me personally as i could see the juice level)
Micro USB port on base (can't stand up during charging)

I would once again like to thank Jessica from Vaporesso for supplying the PodStick for the purpose of this review.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines