150W AUGVAPE Druga Foxy VW/VV Box MOD

timwis

Hi Vapor Talk members, In this review i take a look at the 150W Druga Foxy VW/VV Box MOD from Augvape. The Augvape 150W Druga Foxy VW/VV Box MOD was supplied for the purpose of this review by Tinna from Buybest.

Introduction

Augvape are known for their Merlin series of atty's and mods with a car engine design but here we have an entirely different offering, the Druga Foxy. The Druga Foxy is one for the power users only as it's stripped down getting rid of all the baggage someone who simply wants to vape in power mode doesn't need. Taking already used ideas and adding a bit of innovation has combined to bring us a sleek looking dual 18650 device with a bit of character and certainly worth a look!

In The Box

Contents:

• 1x AUGVAPE Druga MOD (no cell)
• 1x Battery Warning Card
• 1x User Manual
• 1x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Druga Foxy came in cardboard packaging with clear plastic viewing window to see which colour is inside the box. I received the Silver version which has the cube geometric design panels and Silver Chassis. The device comes with various geometrical design or Resin style panels with different chassis colours the options are, Silver, Gun Metal, Gold, Rainbow, Black Red and Black Blue.
The device is narrower but taller compared to the average dual 18650 device and is quite heavy which might be an issue to some while others might see the weight as a sign of it's very good build quality. The sides are curved and along with it's narrow size and large square protruding fire button is ergonomic whether firing with the finger or thumb.
On the front panel towards the top positioned centrally we have a smoked viewing window for the screen, on the reverse panel in the same position we have the Druga logo within the geometric design. On one side towards the top we have the already mentioned fire button and on the opposite side the atomizer quick release button. Moving to the base we can see the notches for panel removal, both etched branding and safety stamps as well as venting holes. Moving up top we have a central 510 plate with special quick release 510 threading, the 510 is spring loaded and Gold plated. I can't speak for all versions but the one i received is a fingerprint magnet.

Druga Foxy Specs and Features:

Size: 49 x 26 x 93mm
Material: Zinc Alloy
Output Power: 5-150W
Output Voltage Range: 0.5-6.5V
Resistance Wire: 0.05-3.0ohm
Battery: 2x 18650 cells (Not included)
• Compact design and curved body for comfortable hand feeling
• High quality Zinc Alloy construction
• Powered by dual 18650 batteries with 150W max output
• Switchable IML panels (sold separately)
• OLED screen display
• Read resistance automatically
• Advanced quick release button, easy to install atomizer
Thread: 510
Colours: Silver, Gun Metal, Gold, Rainbow, Black Red, Black Blue

Overview

The Druga Foxy is a device combining old ideas and innovation to bring us something just a bit different. The navigational buttons and screen are underneath the front panel as we find on the Billet Box (and some recent AIO devices) so we have no issues about settings altering by accident and once the panel is reinstalled it gives the device a sleek look with most things hidden away. Unlike the Billet Box that of course has a Boro Tank that also gets hidden inside the device the Druga Foxy is a normal device apart from an innovative atomizer quick release system. The quick release fits the device like a glove as it's all concept is being as simple to use as possible.

Fitting The Batteries

The Druga Foxy accommodates dual 18650 batteries which are fitted by removing the back panel. The panel which needs to be removed is the one that doesn't have the screen viewing window and instead as the Druga logo within the design. We have a notch at the base of the panel which your nail can easily get access to for panel removal and once removed we can see a deep battery compartment with fitted battery ribbon which is needed to remove the batteries.
Orientation is disappointingly labelled Black on Black so doesn't stand out (White please) but apart from that no complaints. We have a narrow long magnet top and bottom that are even stronger than their size would suggest and the panel snaps in place very securely with no movement whatsoever, cracking job!

The Screen

The Druga Foxy has a tiny rectangular (almost square) display that is positioned underneath the removable panel. With the cover removed the display is very bright and sharp and despite being very small very little information is on show so the display can be read very easily in or outdoors and adjusting and setting modes can be done with perfect visibility.
When the panel is put back in place we have a small tinted viewing window to be able to see the display which makes it very dim and understated and viewing outdoors is an issue but i am sure this is on purpose as it's almost apologetically on view as if they even considered needing to remove the panel to see it. After 20 seconds of inactivity the display dims further before 20 seconds later the display disappears.
Most of the display is taken up by either the wattage or voltage depending which mode you are in while top right we have the resistance and bottom right a vertical battery status bar, while vaping the display shows the time of your vape.

Navigating The Druga Foxy

The Druga Foxy is a very simple device comprising of just Variable Voltage and Variable Wattage and no other settings whatsoever. To access the navigational buttons the front panel needs removing which like the battery panel we have a little notch at the base. This panel secures via 2 round magnets at the top that fix to the navigational buttons and one round magnet central bottom, again the panel secures extremely securely.
With the panel removed we can see the two round navigational buttons top and underneath a very small but very bright and sharp screen central. The whole inside plate is metal which possibly explains the weight and the whole lower section has ohms law formulae and symbols etched on to the metal which looks really cool.
The device is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and off and the mode can be switched between wattage and voltage by pressing the navigational buttons together. The wattage adjusts between 5W and 150W in 1W increments and round robins while the voltage adjusts between 0.5V to 6.5V in point 1V increments and again rounds robins, and that's it! So simple.

İmageİmageİmage

Quick Release Mechanism

The Druga Foxy hosts an innovative atomizer quick release system which you can choose whether to use or not. So atty's can be screwed on and off in the usual manner but at the top to the opposite side to the fire button we have a quick release button.
The threading is split in 2 halves and when the button is held in the half furthest away from the button retracts allowing the atty to be removed with just a quarter turn. Again when fitting an atty if you hold the button in first just push the atty down rather than screwing it in then release the button, if the atty isn't fully in position again just a quarter to half a clockwise turn secures it tight.
Apart from confirming atty's can be attached in the usual manner i have solely used the device with the quick release and gone through periods where i have constantly been removing and attaching atty's to put it through it's paces and i must say i am a big fan and have had no issues with connection or resistance readings!

Available Panels

There are plenty of replacement IML panels available from both Augvape and third parties to give the Druga Foxy a new look!

My Experience Using The Druga Foxy

I love the simple nature of the device and the quick release feature that works great. It's also good to see a device claiming realistic wattage rather than being a 200W+ device which just isn't happening with dual 18650 batteries. Like most modern devices it fires with no delay and with impressive ramp up, i really have no complaints. The device is quite heavy but very ergonomic and the settings not being able to be altered accidentally will be a weight of some peoples minds. The device just works very well but of course is one for those that like devices that are as simple as possible as it has no TC or extra settings.
With being just variable wattage and voltage there will be no need for firmware upgrades so no micro USB port is on the device and while i never recommend charging batteries internally it does mean the device is not for those that only internally charge. Finally up to 26mm atty's sit really nice up top and the centrally positioned 510 will be liked by most.

İmageİmage

Very good build quality
Various colours and panel designs
Ergonomic
Sleek looking and shaped device
Innovative Atomizer quick release
Navigational buttons hidden underneath panel
Screen when panel removed is bright and sharp
Cool ohms law symbols and formulae etched on metal plate under the panel
Very simple variable wattage and variable voltage device only
Realistic claimed wattage
performed reliably
Fires instantly and with impressive ramp up
Panels fit securely with no movement
Installed Battery Ribbon
Can customise with separately sold panels
Up to 26mm atty's look good
Centrally positioned 510

Cons

No micro USB (for those that rely on charging internally)
No TC or extra settings (it's meant to be a simple power only device)
Quite heavy
Black on Black labelled battery orientation
With panel fitted display quite dim due to smoked viewing window (i don't mind this as i would know what i have set it to and it can't alter by accident)
Fingerprint magnet (at least the version i received is)

I would once again like to thank Tinna from Buybest for supplying the 150W AUGVAPE Druga Foxy VW/VV Box MOD for the purpose of this review.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines