ULTRONER PIXIE Starter Kit 380mAh

timwis

Hi Vapor Talk members, In this review i take a look at the PIXIE Starter Kit 380mAh from Ultroner. The ULTRONER PIXIE Starter Kit 380mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Sacowin.

Introduction

Ultroner are part of the Sacowin family which also includes Cool Vapor, DJV and SXK. The Utroner Brand are best known for their affordable stabwood devices and long standing partnership with Asmodus which has for now come to an end. Ultroner have been very busy recently releasing a number of products and here we have one for the low powered MTL vapers who vape high Mg, Nic Salts or CBD. The tiny device accommodates CCell atomizers and has 3 constant voltage settings, low, medium and high. With the indication light communicating both voltage level and battery status let's give this cute stabwood stealth device a good look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x PIXIE MOD (380mAh)
3 x PIXIE Atomizer 1ml (Ceramic Coil)
1 x Leather Lanyard with LOGO
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Pixie comes in the usual Ultroner packaging which consists of a flip open cardboard box with viewing window the same size and shape as the device. I received the Blue version, the options are Blue, Green, Purple and Black Yellow, due to the nature of stabwood each device is unique.
The device is tiny and i absolutely love the stabwood construction which suits it's size well. The device is quite curvy, light and it's ultra small size makes it ideal for stealth and very ergonomic. To one side at the top we have a frame for a CCell atomizer to be inserted and also viewing cutouts front and back. On the front we have a slightly protruding round Stainless Steel fire button with concave centre and on the reverse towards the bottom we have "PIXIE" in White. Next to the bottom of the "E" of "PIXIE" we have a small but bright LED which gives both power level and battery status feedback. We also have an opening to one side on the top and another at the top of the side so the supplied rope style lanyard with logo badge can be fitted. Moving to the bottom we have a stainless Steel base with venting, branding and the micro USB port.

It's Tiny

Pixie Specs and Features:

Mod Size: 58 x 37 x 18mm
Battery: Built-in 380mAh
Wattage Range: 5-10W
Output Voltage: high-grade(red light)/middle-grade(blue light)/low-grade(green light)
Juice Capacity: 1ml
Coil: Ceramic Coil 1.5ohm
Material: SS+Stabilized Wood
Internal 380mAh battery and 1.5ohm ceramic coil
Three protective functions and three working voltage with innovative chip
Clear indicator light and USB charger
High-end SS and Stabilized Wood frame
Colours: Blue, Green, Purple, Black Yellow

The Atomizers

Included are 3 CCell 1.5ohm atomizers with a 1ml capacity very much like what you can buy 5 or 10 at a time on places like Ebay, they can be refilled but the coil can't be replaced. To fill simply unscrew the metal drip tip which secures to the air pipe, we also have plenty of o-rings on show to keep the atomizer leak free. Fill between the outside glass and the air pipe then screw the drip tip back into place. Looking at the drip tip it has quite a wide bore for MTL at it's opening but tapers inwards to give a tiny bore at it's base.
With each atomizer you get a small metallic ring which screws over the 510 threading so metal can come into contact with the magnetic surround around the device's 510 connection, keep these rings as they can be used to make other CCell atomizers compatible with the Pixie.

Fitting The Atomizer

Looking into the device at the Gold plated 510 connection we can see a magnetic surround slightly indented. The ring that screws over the atomizers 510 comes into contact with the magnetic surround securing it in place. The atomizer fits very securely in fact it takes quite a tug to remove but the opening at the top of the frame is about 1mm wider than the atomizer allowing a lot of movement.
Apart from the movement which did bug me overall as mentioned it fits securely, makes very good connection and we have large viewing cutouts front and back so you can always see the level of your juice.

İmageİmage

The Atomizer's Poor Performance and Solution

I will talk about the atomizer's performance earlier in the review than normal because it does let the kit down. The draw is a tight if not super tight MTL draw very much like a cigarette pull and i found using with high mg it does give a great hit, both the atomizers and device is ideal for high mg, Nic Salts and CBD but the biggest issue (in fact the only real issue) is the supplied atomizers don't just give muted flavour, i could detect no flavour at all.
Luckily by using the rings included with the supplied atomizers other CCell atomizers are compatible, in fact the supplied ones are just slightly narrower than most others available and the ones i bought no longer gave any movement so also sorted that problem out.
I bought a bundle of 10 that worked out at only about £1 each which had a 1.5ohm CCell coil the same as the supplied ones (but gave decent flavour), 1.5ml capacity and i have no complaints about the flavour. All these CCell atomizers give a cigarette type draw and work well with what the device has been designed for, high mg, Nic Salts and CBD.

İmageİmageİmage

Navigating The Pixie

The Pixie is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on or off, when turning on the LED cycles through Green, Blue and Red to confirm and when turning off it lights Red for 2 seconds before powering down.
The device has 3 different low voltage settings referred to as high grade, medium grade and low grade, these voltage settings equate to 3.5V, 3.0V and 2.5V so along with the 1.5ohm coil the device delivers very low wattage and is designed for high mg, Nic Salts and CBD users.
To change power settings is 3 clicks of the fire button and the LED will flash 3 times in the colour corresponding to the power level, the indications are:

Green = 2.5V
Blue = 3.0V
Red = 3.5V

When pressing the fire button to vape the LED again lights in the power setting colour, when the fire button is released the light goes out then after a 2 second delay to give you time to look the light then displays the battery status for 2 seconds. It's the first device that i have used to my recollection that pauses then displays the battery status and i like this a lot. No specs are given about indicator percentages but i found them to be well spaced out and fit for purpose:

High Battery = Green
Medium Battery = Blue
Low Battery = Red
Very low battery led flashes Red 5 times and you need to charge

The device also has Short Circuit, Over-charge and Over-discharge protections which if they kick in the LED flashes Red various amounts of times.
The Pixie is charged via the micro USB port which is located on the base of the device (i would prefer this on the side but can see it was much easier installing it on the metallic base rather than stabwood body). When charging the LED pulses Blue until it gets to 90% then it lights solid Blue before going out when fully charged. On the specs it says it takes an hour to charge but each time i charged it was just less so although the Pixie has a small 380mAh battery any device charging in an hour or less is spot on!

Included Lanyard

Personally i never use lanyards but the rope style lanyard (which is actually leather) with Ultroner logo badge you get supplied with is high quality and in my opinion aesthetically pleasing!

My Experience Using The Pixie

As already covered despite getting a cigarette type draw ideal along with the power settings the Pixie gives for high nic, Nic Salts and CBD the supplied CCell atomizers just don't deliver any flavour but once i used CCell atomizers that can be bought in 10's at only about £1 a piece i was able to enjoy the device.
So the supplied atomizers are disappointing but the Pixie i love as it works excellently for the purpose it's made for. The different power settings are noticeably different giving the low powered user a choice of settings and i love the delay before showing battery status which gives plenty of time to check.
The device is only really suitable as mentioned for high mg, Nic Salts and CBD so trying for example 3mg freebase just won't give a satisfying vape.
The device is tiny so therefore has a small battery but the Pixie isn't the sought of device suited to chain vaping and the low constant power settings along with the high ohms of CCell atomizers makes the battery life satisfactory and taking just under an hour to charge is excellent.
The obvious other pro for the device is the build quality and gorgeous stabwood construction but of course stabwood doesn't come cheap!

Very nice build quality
Unique stabwood finishes
Stealth device
Ideal for high mg, Nic Salts and CBD
3 constant voltage settings
Power setting indication
Battery status indication
Delay to show battery status giving time to check
Juice level viewing cutouts
Clicky Stainless Steel fire button
Device can be turned off
Using adaptor rings make other CCell atomizers compatible
3 CCell atomizers included
Atomizers securely connect
High quality lanyard included
Battery life satisfactory
Charges in just under an hour
Cigarette type draw with CCell atomizers
Efficient with e-liquid
Gorgeous looking

Cons

Supplied atomizers deliver no flavour
Supplied atomizers have a lot of movement when fitted
Micro USB port located on the base
Not cheap

I would once again like to thank Sacowin for supplying the Pixie for the purpose of this review.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines