Cool Vapor Takit Mini V2 Semi Mech Mod

timwis

Hi Vapor Talk members, In this review i take a look at the Takit Mini V2 Semi Mech Mod from Cool Vapor. The Cool Vapor Takit Mini V2 Semi Mech Mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Sacowin the parent company for Ultroner, DJV, SXK and Cool Vapor.

Introduction

Cool Vapor are part of the Sacowin family which also includes Ultroner, DJV and SXK, i'm not that familiar with Cool Vapor products as although i have seen the odd device and atty from them on vendors sites this is the first product of theirs i have used. The Takit Mini V2 is obviously an updated device and a tube semi-mechanical device that can be used with an 18650 battery or shortened to house an 18350. The device is a semi-mechanical because although it takes the power straight from the battery as with a mechanical device we have a Mosfet PCB giving the device safety features and also means firing from a side button rather than a mechanical switch. The device comes with both an 18650 and 18350 mode Resin Sleeve or just have a metal look if you prefer. The Takit Mini V2 becomes a tiny device when using an 18350 battery and can accommodate an atty up to 24mm without overhang, it also comes with a decorative 24mm ring with a protruding loop to accommodate the included chain lanyard if that's your thing, let's give the Takit Mini V2 a closer look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x Semi-Mechanical Mod (set-up in 18650 mode)
1 x 18350 Resin Tube
1 x Chain Lanyard
1 X Adaptor Loop
User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Takit Mini V2 comes in cardboard packaging with everything on one level. It's main construction is a 2 piece stainless Steel tube and comes in either Silver or Black finishes with a choice of 3 different Resin sleeves which are Red, Blue or Green. The device comes set-up in 18650 mode and i received the Silver Blue Resin version. The Stainless steel is smooth on the Silver finishes while the Black has a textured finish. When in 18350 mode the device is tiny and just get's swallowed up in the hand making it an ideal out and about stealth device especially for a MTL vape. Moving to the base we have 2 large venting holes and centre section that turns to adjust the tightness of the battery fitting, on this central section we have printed branding. Up top we have central 510 threading with the mosfet positive connection.

Takit Mini V2 Specs and Features:

Brand: Cool Vapor
Model: Takit Mini V2
Weight 80g (2.82oz)
Depth 24mm (0.94 inch)
Height 78mm (3.07 inch)
Width 24mm (0.94 inch)
Material: Stainless steel + resin
Battery: 1 x 18350 / 18650 ( Not included )
Max Power: 30W ( 18350 battery ) / 80W ( 18650 battery )
Input Voltage: 3.3 - 4.2V
Resistance Range: 0.5 - 3ohm ( 18350 battery ) / 0.3 - 3ohm ( 18650 battery )
Thread: 510
Colours/ Silver with Red, Blue or Green Resin Sleeve/ Black with Red, Blue or Green Resin Sleeve

The Takit Mini V2 Various Parts

The device consists of the top section which houses central 510 threading and unscrews from the main battery tube, looking inside this top section we can see a Mosfet fitted and looking down the 510 thread we can see the positive contact, on the side of this section we have a clear fire button. The battery tube is 2 sections screwed together and the bottom of the lower section protrudes to 24mm in diameter to match the top section while the rest of the tubing is 22mm in diameter to allow the Resin sleeve to take the diameter to 24mm. The battery cap screws into the base of the bottom tube internally rather than threading onto the outside. You receive 2 different size Resin sleeves as the top section can be screwed just to the bottom tube section to shorten the device to accommodate an 18350 battery. You also receive a 24mm decorative ring with protruding loop to allow the fitting of the supplied chain lanyard if you wish, this just gets fitted over the top of the device and when an atomizer is installed it secures the ring in position.

18650 or 18350 Mode

The device comes set-up to use with a 18650 battery but can be shortened to use with a 18350 and become a mini tube. The top section with fitted Mosfet screws off the top tube section which now allows the 18650 Resin sleeve to be pulled off, it is quite tight as we have a series of 4 o-rings (2 on each tube section) so the sleeve doesn't free spin. When removing the top section it is possible for the Mosfet to become dislodged and the fire button to fall out, not a big issue but you just need to be aware so you don't lose the fire button.
You could now if you wanted screw the top section back on and have a Silver (or Black) look or the top tube can be unscrewed from the bottom tube before then screwing the top section back on to have a Silver (or Black) look in 18350 mode.
Included is a shorter Resin sleeve so when the top tube is removed this can be slid over the bottom tube before screwing the top section back on so we know have a Resin look 18350 tube device.

Fitting The Battery

When in 18350 mode i used an EXO 18350S battery which is rebranded by many companies and can be found under the following:

Vapcell 18350/1100mAh/10A
Aspire 18350/1200mAh/10A

The battery cap screws internally into the threading and once the thread is caught then i must say the threading is very smooth. On the inside of the battery cap negative is clearly marked, so good job there. Once the battery cap is screwed back in place you can turn the centre section of the cap to slacken or tighten on to the battery for the perfect fit, Good job all round!

This Is More Like It!

I have another tube device that has a fitted Mosfet that can get shortened to take an 18350 battery by Cthulhu Mod which when first released there was nothing to stop the hook like connection you get on a Mosfet from becoming flatter and flatter from fitting different atomizers until connection to some atomizers became an issue (this has been resolved now). I also have the Ultroner Mini Stick which is an 18350 tube device again with a Mosfet that came with a Silicone block that needed the purchaser to fit themselves underneath the contact.
So when i received this the first thing i did was to check the Mosfet 510 connection and was really pleased to see silicone already installed underneath so there shouldn't be any connection issues.

İmageİmageİmage

Navigating The Takit Mini V2

The device can be turned on and off by 5 clicks of the fire button, the fire button lights Green for one full second to confirm either action. The device is a direct output device giving the full available voltage of the battery so just press the fire button to vape (the fire button lights Green when firing). The fitted Mosfet is why this is a semi-mechanical rather than a mechanical, the Mosfet gives various safety protections.
My only real con is the usual story with devices using a Mosfet. We know the Mosfet gives safety protections but yet again absolutely no information to what they are, of course i could guess the obvious and would almost certainly be correct but that's not the point. It does state in the user manual if high drain batteries are not used the device will not fire and resets but not sure if this is even possible. It also gives recommendations of 0.5ohm - 3ohm when using a 18350 and 0.3ohm - 3ohm when using an 18650 but not sure if this means the device will not fire under 0.3ohm because the mosfet should give the device a resistance range and surely that should be within safe limits although giving a recommendation to be safe when using an 18350 is very good.

Using The Takit Mini V2

Despite my misgivings about the lack of information about the Mosfet protections i really enjoyed using the Takit Mini V2 and will carry on using it when i'm in a MTL mood as an out and about device. Yes after giving it a quick try with an 18650 i immediately switched to the 18350 set-up and personally i feel this will mainly appeal to MTL vapers preferring the stealth 18350 set-up. The button is nice and clicky and it fires both instantly and reliably with immediate ramp up. I used a few different atty's on top with builds that varied between 0.58 to 0.76 and found for me it worked best with RTA's that allow for a very restricted low wattage DL vape or even better as a MTL set-up. Using the device with modest builds especially with MTL builds of about 0.7ohm or higher gives decent battery life and also means any drop off in power as the batteries voltage drops become less noticeable. The build quality and look of the device is top-notch and all threading is very well done, i also like the adjustable battery cap that allows to get a secure fit of the battery.

Conclusion

I actually rate this device highly from the point of view of how i am enjoying it and my main con is the lack of information about safety protections. My only other con is quite trivial as it's the same for all these tube devices with a Mosfet and that is the Mosfet and fire button can fall out when the device is undone. A lot of experienced vapers who like a stealthy low wattage set-up might be tempted by this reasonably priced nice looking device but as far as new vapers are concerned stay well clear as you need a good understanding of ohms law and battery safety (i have no information about safety protections to advise differently).

Good build quality
All threading very good
6 Options
Nice Resin Sleeves
18650 & 18350 set-up
Resin sleeves for both 18650 and 18350 set-ups
Good stealth device
Great for very restricted DL or MTL set-up
Clicky Fire button
Fires instantly
Fires reliably
Impressive ramp up
Mosfet (safety features just a ? what exactly the full specs are)
Battery very good for 18350 with modest builds
18650 battery life as expected
Device can be turned off
Silicone fitted underneath 510 connection to prevent connection flattening
Can adjust tightness of battery fitting

Cons

No specs of Mosfet given
Only suitable for experienced vapers
Direct output, power decreases as battery voltage gets less (not that noticeable with modest builds i would recommend)
When removing top mosfet can become dislodged and fire button fall out (nature of type of device)

I would once again like to thank Sacowin for supplying the Cool Vapor Takit Mini V2 Semi-Mechanical Mod for the purpose of this review

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines