Need help with mixing liquid

dbster

I'm new to vaping, I started vaping because I'm getting tired of people complaining about the smoking odor after I smoke. And I don't even smoke that much, maybe 6-8 cigs a day.
I started trying out with a Stlth about 3 weeks ago and got used to it, so I went to a store to get the refillable stuff. I bought a Caliburn device and the guy in the store recommended a juice from his own store brand.
After I got home I put the juice in the device and tried it but I couldn't feel the throat hit at all, there was lots of smoke coming out but couldn't feel the draw at all, the juice was 3mg nicotine, the Stlth I used was 3.5mg which I thought should be similar.
I went back to the store and asked if I can exchange for one with a higher Nic bottle. He told me he can't take it back because I opened it, I found it strange that if it's his own brand, couldn't he just refill it and reseal it in another bottle? I only used about 2ml so far.  He told me juice doesn't provide the throat hit.
Sorry for the long story, the bottle he sold me was 60ml ($30) which is a big waste to throw away. Is there anyway I can salvage this bottle by mixing it with Nic salt to give me that  throat hit when I draw?  They're 2 different things so I'm not sure if they can be mixed, please advise. 

Hey!  Welcome to VT!

That's really quite a question.  First off, different devices, specifically the atomizers, will produce different throat hits.  I'm not familiar with either device you are using so I can't elaborate.  Next, the amount of vapor a device delivers has a lot to do with how much nic your are absorbing.  A very loose draw Direct lung device delivers a lot more nic that a tight draw Mouth To Lung device.  Next, adding nicotine can be confusing.  There are two general types of nicotine, salts, and free base.  Salts produce much less throat hit than free base.  Nicotine comes in many different concentrations stated a percentage of the solution it is in.  The math can become a bit complicated.  You can search the web for "dyi e-juice" and find a lot of information on the process of making e-juice which will help you understand what you are getting into.  Liquid nicotine itself is not cheep and might not be worth buying just to salvage a single bottle of e-juice.  

In addition to the advise that Walt gave you, can you go back to the store and ask if you can buy just the flavoring and some PG (polypropylene glycol)? It's the PG that delivers the throat hit (as well as a higher nic content). Adding PG to your existing juice will thin it out some and it will also dilute the flavor a bit as you're adding more liquid. You may notice that you'll get a little less vapor when you add the PG (PG is the flavor carrier and thinner than VG. VG makes your juice sweeter, mellows out the throat hit and makes it smoother, gives you more vapor). That might help you out.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, adamabbot said:

Thanks for you answers. But I'm also interested in good mixes that you may recommend. I know how to mix it, but I'm interested what tastes can you mix.

You can mix whatever flavor you want. Whether it tastes good to you is another matter. Tastes are subjective so what tastes great to one person may taste like wet socks to another. The only way to know if you like it is to try it yourself.  :)