Wotofo STNG MTL RDA

timwis

Hi Vapor Talk members, In this review i take a look at the STNG MTL RDA from Wotofo. The STNG MTL RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Antonio from Wotofo.

Introduction

The STNG MTL RDA is a collaboration between Wotofo and the Russian YouTube vape reviewer Vapor Place (a.k.a Uncle Stas). The STNG utilises post clamps for a very easy build and split airflow directly underneath the coil, the airflow adjustment is very limited so be careful you don't get stung by the ST(i)NG!

In The Box

Contents:

1pc STNG MTL RDA
1pc Dual Core Fused Clapton Coil
1pc Single-Strand Coil
1pc User Manual
1pc Extra Drip Tip
1pc Standard pin
1pc Cross Head Screwdriver
1pc Allen Key
1pc Cotton Strip
1bag O-rings

Aesthetics

The STNG came in packaging that comprises of a cardboard base and plastic clear lid so you can see the STNG before opening. I received the Black version which has the band of the Silver base visible and comes with what i would describe as an old fashioned MTL drip tip. The colour options are Black, Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Blue, Gold and Rainbow, all versions have a Silver band visible at the base as none of the base sections are painted.
The top of the RDA has many tapered steps to the drip tip giving a quite rounded look, the front has the STNG logo carved into the metal which is the only feature apart from the single sidewards teardrop airflow inlet. Moving to the base we have a Gold plated, protruding standard 510 pin pre-installed and on the base itself plenty of branding and safety stamps.
The build quality is nice and the finish on mine very good, i find the shape and logo aesthetically pleasing but i'm not a massive fan of the supplied drip tips despite them being comfortable but all that's entirely subjective.

İmageİmageİmage

STNG MTL RDA Specs and Features:

RDA Type: MTL RDA
Build Deck Diameter: 22mm
Coil Configuration: Single Coil
Wattage Range: 5-30W
Recommended Ohm Value: 0.4-1.8ohm
Overall Height: 43.15mm (with drip tip and 510 pin)
Threading: 510 Thread
Body Material: Stainless Steel
Juice Feeding Method: Drip / Squonk
Insulator Material: German PEEK
Split bottom airflow
All in one screw clamp system
Colours: Black, Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Blue, Gold, Rainbow

INCLUDED COIL SPECS

1. Dual Core Fused Clapton Coil
Recommended for normal nicotine vaping
Material: Ni80 30G*2+38G
Resistance: 0.75ohm
Inner Diameter: 2.5mm
Number of Wraps: 6 wraps
2. Single-Strand Coil
Recommended for nic salts vaping
Material: Ni80 28G
Resistance: 1.2ohm
Inner Diameter: 2.5mm
Number of Wraps: 9 wraps

It's Various Parts and What You Get

The STNG comprises of a 510 delrin MTL drip tip, one piece sleeve and base section which of course includes the deck. You receive 2 very similar style 510 drip tips that both have a 3mm inner bore but different outer diameters although i expect a lot of people will use their own 510. You also receive spare O-rings, screws, allen key, good quality screwdriver and cotton. Finally you also get supplied with 2 different Ni80 coils. The STNG comes pre-installed with a standard pin but a BF pin is included.

İmageİmage

Supplied Coils

You get two different coils, one of which is supposed to be more suited for freebase and the other for nic salts but really i always find that marketing mischievousness.
One coil is a Ni80 dual core fused clapton 0.75ohm, the other is a Ni80 single wire coil 1.20hm, both coils have a 2.5mm ID.

The Airflow

The airflow has very limited adjustability and comprises of just one inlet which is about the same size as the largest hole on a typical MTL tank that gives you various holes with different diameters (i estimate the hole to be about 2mm). The airflow is adjusted by moving the sidewards teardrop hole on the sleeve so if you have the more narrower end of the teardrop over the hole it's reduced and can be adjusted till the opposite end of the teardrop is fully over the hole which is wide open.
The air goes into the inlet and travels underneath the deck until it reaches the centre of the deck, it then gets diverted upwards where it is split between two small outlets underneath the coil. They are calling it a splitted air supply but it's nothing innovative and has been seen many times in the past.
Looking inside the sleeve we can see it's very domed and also on the side we have 2 notches that allow the sleeve to be lined up when fitted. In conjunction with the side of the deck the sleeve moves on a rail system giving the airflow adjustment hard stoppers.

The Deck And Build

I am not a big dripper fan especially with MTL RDA's so before starting my first build i swapped for the BF pin and kept this installed for both the builds i did.
The 22mm deck has 2 posts directly facing each other that utilise spring loaded "T" shaped clamps so as the screws are undone from above the clamps rise up giving shelves for the coil leads. The screw is positioned centrally on each clamp giving a shelf either side so it doesn't matter which way the coil is wound.
This makes for such an easy build simply place your leads on the shelves and while holding the coil in position with a finger screw the clamps down. Once done if needed fine tune the position of your coil with a coiling rod or fit for purpose tool then snip your access leads.
Wicking is a doddle simply cut your cotton to the second o-ring on the outside of the deck, fluff up and then tuck down in the quite deep wells.

My Experience Using The STNG

The problem with the STNG is the limited airflow options and it's simply giving variants of a medium to loose MTL draw, some may even manufacture a very restricted DL vape but i would say not. To put it into context the airflow inlet is about the same size as the largest hole on the Berserker which then has 4 smaller options and although the teardrop does allow slight adjustability this is not suitable for those liking a really tight draw.
The Clapton coil just seemed a strange vape as if it didn't suit the tank at all it felt it needed more air and wanted to be used as a DL draw but there is not enough air to satisfactory allow this. When using the supplied single wire coil it was much better and it did give very decent flavour but it felt the flavour wasn't optimised and could of been improved if the airflow could be closed down further, so although this gave a decent vape a tighter draw would be better yet the other supplied coil needs more air than the STNG offers. It worked well as a BF RDA but only after getting use to not being Zealous pressing the bottle so at first i did get leaking through the air inlet but after a learning curve it was fine.
The STNG isn't a bad MTL RDA as long as you vape in it's narrow airflow range, and for a vaper who likes a medium to loose MTL draw but is new to building then doing a build on the STNG is as easy as building gets on an RDA but compared to an RDA like the Berserker it is somewhat lacking in performance!

Nice build quality
Nice looking
5 Colour options
Simple airflow adjustment
Locking top cap rail system
Drip tip standard 510 fit (can use your own)
Very simple to build
Clamp post system
Quite deep juice well
Decent flavour (single wire 1.2ohm build)
BF and standard pin
Plenty included including:
2 Drip tips
2 Different coils

Cons

Limited airflow adjustability
Not as tight as most MTL dedicated RDA's
No Innovation on show
Really didn't find the supplied fused clapton suited the RDA
If over zealous when squonking it will leak through inlet
Not a massive fan of the supplied drip tips (subjective)

I would once again like to thank Antonio from Wotofo for supplying the STNG MTL RDA for the purpose of this review.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines