Ultroner GAEA 200W Stabilized Wood Box Mod

timwis

Hi Vapor Talk members, In this review i take a look at the GAEA 200W Stabilized Wood Box Mod from Ultroner. The Gaea was supplied for the purpose of this review by SAC who deals with marketing for Ultroner and 3 other vaping manufacturers.

Introduction

Ultroner are known for their affordable stabwood devices and long standing partnership which as now expired with Asmodus and have just released a few products independently three of which are the Mini Stick, the Aether and the Victory, all of which i have reviewed recently. Here we look at another Ultroner device, the Gaea which is a variable power 200W regulated device which comes in some beautiful stabwood finishes and accommodates dual 18650 batteries. The Gaea is a power only device having no temp control but does come with wattage, Voltage and Bypass modes, but no bells and whistles settings. The device both looks stunning (in my opinion) and feels great in the hand being a nice compact rounded shape much like the G-Class but smaller, let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

Gaea Mod
Manual
Polishing Cloth
Velvet Carry Pouch

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Gaea comes in a flip open cardboard box with viewing window so you can see the device in all it's glory before opening. The colours tend to be listed as Red, Green or Blue but each one is unique and i have seen pictures showing the main colour to be different including Yellow, the one i received has a main colour of Red, with quite a bit of Black present. There does seem to be far more single battery stabwood devices than dual probably as they can be quite bulky but Ultroner have done a cracking job of keeping the size of the Gaea down as it's quite a compact dual battery device all things being considered.
It has a very ergonomic oval shape much like the G-class and with a protruding Stainless Steel face plate underneath which the PCB is fitted. The main body is stabwood with a lacquered coating then we have the battery door, top plate and already mentioned face plate which is Stainless Steel. On the face plate we have a protruding round Stainless Steel fire button top which is followed by a decent sized colour screen, we then have horizontally positioned pill shaped Stainless Steel navigational buttons (again they protrude) and finally at the bottom the micro USB port. The base is the battery door which has branding and safety marks very nicely engraved much as you would expect on a trophy, moving up top we have a stainless Steel plate. The 510 plate appears to sit flush but if you run your finger across you can feel it's raised an hair which is just enough to protect the surface while giving no visible gaping, the 510 is spring loaded.

İmageİmage
İmageİmage

Gaea Specs and Features:

Size: 45 x 91 x 39mm
Material: Stainless Steel + Stabwood
Voltage Output Range: 1V~8.0V
Battery Type: Dual 18650 Batteries (Not included)
Chipset: Sevo-200W
Input Voltage: 6.6~8.4V
Power Range: 5~200W
Static Current: 0.12mA
Value Range: 0.1~3ohm
Compact dual 18650 stabwood device
Simple efficient chipset featuring VW/VV/Bypass
Ergonomic Design
Thread: 510
Colours: Each one unique

Fitting The Batteries

The dual 18650 batteries are fitted via the bottom hatch door and i'm well happy that orientation is marked White on Black so can easily be seen. When the hatch door is open it does have quite a bit of movement but it needs it for the hinged design to fasten and feels solid enough. It has quite a thick metal latch which uses the pressure from the batteries to stay securely in place, once the batteries are fitted this door is not opening on it's own accord and we have no movement or rattle whatsoever, very good job!

İmageİmage

The Display

The Gaea has a colour screen which is bright, sharp and very well laid out giving all the needed information and is easy to read. At the top of the display we have the 2 battery status bars one either side with a padlock to show if the device is locked or unlocked between. Underneath all information has a central orientation, first we have the mode then underneath either the wattage or voltage depending which mode you are in. Next we have the resistance followed by either volts (when in wattage mode) or watts (when in voltage or bypass modes), this is followed by the puff count. Finally at the bottom of the display we have a vape time progress bar which fills while vaping up to 10 seconds. Ultroner have used colour well on the display making the display aesthetically pleasing without going overboard giving a too busy appearance, very nice!

Navigating The Gaea

The Gaea is powered by the SEVO-200 chip which has been designed for simplicity, intuitive operation and efficiency. To turn the device on and off is 5 clicks of the fire button and once on pressing both navigational buttons together locks the device completely so it won't fire. You can't just lock the navigational buttons which i wish was an option as the buttons protrude but decent force is needed when adjusting the navigational buttons so i can't see wattage being altered by accident.
The device's screen turns off after 15 seconds of inactivity which is done along with the simplicity of the board to help with efficiency and i don't mind this at all because after taking a vape 15 seconds is plenty long enough to read and take in whatever information you want from the screen and when firing from standby the device still fires instantly with no delay whatsoever.
To change modes you need to click the fire button 3 times in quick succession (if you have an atomizer up top you will hear it firing, this fires very quickly). Each 3 clicks takes you to the next working screen, the Gaea has 3 working modes which are Wattage, Voltage and Bypass.
The only other feature available is the puff counter which can be reset or you can set a limit, to access the puff counter press the fire and down buttons together which automatically resets it, if that's all you wanted to do press fire to continue vaping or you can use the navigational buttons to set a limit before pressing fire. That's it! a user friendly menu with no bells and whistles for those that like to keep things nice and simple.

İmageİmage

My Experience Using The Gaea and Thoughts

I tend to use single battery devices when out and about but found the Gaea a very nice comfortable device to carry about with it's ergonomic shape while then being shocked to find it will accommodate up to a 30mm atty without overhang. I am not going to invent cons just to please people i really just can't find anything negative to say with any cons simply being the nature of the device like it doesn't have loads of settings or TC but then that's the point it's a simple power device that just works great!
The fire button is in a nice position and very easy to find and the device fires instantly with excellent ramp up, the Sevo chip might be simplistic in nature but it does an awesome job with all wattage's i vaped at seeming very accurate and resistances reading on par when comparing to one of my DNA devices, i also like that it adjusts in 1W increments. I like that's it's three quick clicks of the fire button to move between working modes making it simple to operate and all 3 modes worked excellently and my only real moan is not having the option to just lock the navigational buttons.
I found the Gaea to be very efficient with dual batteries lasting me a couple of days and i vape a lot, certainly above average battery life i have been getting from it. As mentioned the Gaea will accommodate up to 30mm atty's without overhang and does support on board charging (although i never recommend) and upgrades so really think in future Ultoner need to start using a type C USB and feel the Gaea should of had one.

İmageİmage

A couple of Nick's handcrafted Stabwood drip tips looking stunning on top of the Zeus and Serpent!

(Check them out!)

Excellent build quality
Unique Stabwood finishes
Protective lacquered finish
Aesthetically pleasing
Ergonomic compact shape
Easy to find fire button
Fired instantly with impressive ramp up
Wattage, Voltage and Bypass modes
All modes worked great
Wattage's and resistances accurate
Efficient simple device
Accommodates up to 30mm atty's without overhang
Very secure battery door
Very visible marked battery orientation
Dual battery device (200W)
Adjusts in 1W increments

Cons

No TC or bells and whistles settings (but that's the point of this simple device)
Can't lock just navigational buttons only the whole device
Not a type C USB

I would once again like to thank SAC and Ultroner for supplying the GAEA 200W Stabilized Wood Box Mod for the purpose of this review.

Edited by timwis

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines