Rincoe Tix Pod Kit 1000mAh

timwis

Hi Vapor Talk members, In this review i take a look at the Tix Pod Kit from Rincoe. The Tix Pod Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Nicole from Rincoe.

Introduction

Rincoe hit the ground running with their first released device which must of been about 18 months ago and have now released quite a few devices of all kinds with very much an up and down reception but overall they are one of the more impressive of the new on the block manufacturers.
The Tix is their latest pod device and certainly on first look seems to be their best of this type of product to date and has a pod/billet box look to it similar to the Pal 2. Coming in a multitude of eye catching designs the Tix ticks quite a few boxes as it uses replaceable coil heads, has adjustable airflow and different output settings, let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x Tix Pod Device
1x Tix Cartridge(Tix Regular 1.0 ohm coil inside)
1x Tix Mesh 0.8 ohm coil
1x Type-C Charging Cable
1x Certificate Card
1x User Manual
1x Warranty Card
1x Lanyard

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Tix came in Cardboard box packaging with outer cardboard sleeve which has a picture of the chosen design so you know what design is inside the box before opening. I received the UK Flag design which i really like but there is plenty of options which are, Vast Sky, Flame, Galaxy, UK Flag, US Flag, Blazing Skull and Carbon Black. Up top we have a rectangular curved proprietary drip tip (it's attached to the pod/cartridge and not removable) which has a flattened out look to it, then to the upper corner the opposite side to the drip tip we have a rail to fit a lanyard (one is included). On one side of the device we have the design of choice which is cutoff on the diagonal at the top where we have a Black corner section. The side and top of the design has a metallic edging and "RINCOE" is printed on the side section of the metallic edge, on the upper diagonal Black section directly underneath the drip tip we have a little shield with logo which is the fire button. The opposite side is all Back but has the same sections as the designed side, in place of the design we have a textured surface, this side is removable. The spine is featureless then moving to the base we have printed safety stamps and a notch to help remove the side panel. The face of the device is very busy having a cutout for airflow about a third of the way down from the top, towards the bottom we have 2 LED indication lights with a round mode button between, finally we have a vertical positioned type C USB port for charging. As you would expect from a pod/AIO device it's a nice out and about size and although small the shield fire button is easy to find and in a nice position for thumb firing.

İmageİmage
İmageİmage

Tix Specs and Features:

Parameters

Size: 90.7x43x19mm
Pod capacity: 2m
Power: 10-20W
Input: 3.2-4.2V
Power output modes: High/full-battery output, Medium/3.65V, Low/3.3V
Battery Capacity: 1000mAh
Coil resistance: 0.3-3.0ohm
Coil: Regular 0.8ohm mesh coil inside, regular 1.0ohm coil
Charging specification: 5V/1A
Material: Zinc alloy +PC +IML
Efficiency: 95%

Features:

Unique gorgeous shell design
Easy side filling design
Three working modes
Mesh coil provides purer flavor
Compact size and comfortable hand feel
Convenient and fast Type-C Charging way

Deigns: Vast Sky, Flame, Galaxy, UK Flag, US Flag, Blazing Skull, Carbon Black

The Pod/Cartridge

The pod has that now very familiar shape we see with the likes of the Orion and Orion look a like devices, but this one has a fixed drip tip with a flattened out form which luckily as you are stuck with it is comfortable between the lips. The pod holds 2ml of e-liquid and although i don't mind tinted pods as long as the e-juice is still clearly visible this pod is just a little too dark for my liking although you can see the juice level it needed a close look at times.
The fill port is on the side and has a silicone section acting as a bung, this section has a flap which is easy to lift up to pull the bung out while still staying attached to the pod. The port is a nice size but it's position did make me think anything other than a needle nose bottle would be messy and a picture on the website seems to confirm a needle nose is needed but i couldn't be more wrong. The pod fills mess free both when out the device or filling when placed in the device, i even found if the pod is less than half full by tilting the pod a coil change was even possible without spillage.
The bottom of the pod has the removable circular base section with central positive and negative surround, this also as an airflow control ring.

İmageİmageİmage

The Coils and Airflow

As mentioned the circular base section of the pod as an airflow control ring and can be unscrewed from the pod. The airflow control ring as dual slots and we have a textured surface for grip, it moves with a nice tolerance.
Unscrewing the base section reveals the coils screw straight into this section and swapping coils is a doddle. The pre-installed coil head is a 0.8ohm mesh coil which is more of a notch style, the other available and included coil is a regular round wire 1.0ohm coil.

İmageİmage

Fitting The Pod/Cartridge

As mentioned earlier this is very much a Billet box influenced style and to fit the pod the back panel needs removing (there is a little notch on the base). We can see a pod shaped bay inside the device with a top opening to allow the drip tip to protrude outside the device. We can also see where the base section of the pod will fit 3 Gold plated, spring loaded contacts and it's a simple case of press fitting the pod/cartridge into position. Once in place we have easy access to fill and adjust airflow and there is no movement whatsoever from the pod/cartridge, it's a very snug fit.
Once the panel is in place it must be mentioned although it's very slight and i don't believe it will bother most people their is a bit of play but during use i didn't notice movement.

İmageİmage

Navigating The Device

I like the fact the device has a separate fire button for turning the device on and off and firing and mode button which is used for selecting the power output, i also like the fact we have separate LED indication lights for both mode selection and battery status.
The device is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off, turning on is confirmed by 3 White flashes from the bottom LED and turning off confirmed by 2 White flashes from the same indication light.
The top LED flashes twice in the new setting colour each time the power setting is changed which is done by simply pressing the mode button, each press takes you to the next setting, the settings are:

Green = High (actually direct output so will be the highest setting for the first half of the battery life but will decrease in power along with the voltage of the battery)
Blue = 3.65V (Medium)
Red = 3.3V (Low)

When pressing the fire button to vape the bottom LED shows battery status by what colour it lights, the values are:

Green = 50% - 100%
Blue = 15% - 50%
Red = Below 15%

When the battery status is shown by pressing the fire button the top LED also lights up in the current power mode colour.

When charging via the type C USB port (a type C Cable is included) the indications of battery life follow the same percentages and charging takes almost bang on 1 hour which is very acceptable for a 1000mAh in-built battery. The device also has all the usual safety protections which when they kick in are indicated by various flashes of the LED's.

İmageİmageİmage

Protections

Low Battery Protection
Short Circuit Protection
8 Seconds Cutoff
Pod Detection
Charging Protection

My Experience Using The Tix And Thoughts

The Tix has a lot going for it but unfortunately the coils are a mixed bag. The 1.0ohm round wire coil i found gave the flavour i would of expected from a pod type device 18 months ago and is way below average compared to a lot of pod/AIO devices of late. The 0.8ohm mesh coil was much better and while not being up there with the very best for flavour it was certainly acceptable being average and more like the flavour to be expected from a pod device in 2019. Really the device will suit you if you are not a chain vaper, i vape a lot but don't tend to take more than a couple of vapes in a row and i found both coils wicked well even with my own DIY 65% VG e-liquid with decent coil longevity but did notice the odd time i tried a bit of chain vaping to test out the coils i got dry hit city followed by a slight burn't taste. I did receive extra coils so i tried fresh coils (both types) vaping much more as a chain vaper would tend to vape and longevity went downhill with both coils only giving about 3 pod fills with flavour at their best.
The device gets much better marks from me for it's airflow as not only does it have adjustable airflow but it allowed for both a MTL and restricted direct lung style and i was able to get a MTL vape less loose than these type of devices tend to allow for, the airflow was also quite smooth which isn't usually the case with pod type devices.
Although the drip tip is comfortable i would still much prefer to have a choice and the pod/cartridge is a little too darkly tinted to allow seeing the juice level easily, after saying that to check you need to remove the panel anyway so spending a bit of extra time checking the level doesn't make much difference.
Other than that the device is really good so if you are not the chain vaping type this could be worth a look. I like the 3 power modes and personally i found i preferred the device with the 0.8ohm mesh coil, a loose MTL draw and on the Blue (3.65V(medium)) setting which gave decent flavour with smooth airflow even if better flavour is available from some of it's competitors. Battery life was very good and only taking 1 hour to charge was another bonus as is having a type C port. Although i prefer 4 or even 5 tiers of battery indication i did find the indications nicely spread out and fit for purpose.

Very nice build quality
Plenty of design options
Aesthetically pleasing device (subjective)
Portable device
Billet box styled pod/AIO device
Pod fits very securely
3 Power Modes
Separate Mode selection button and indication LED
Physical fire button (can also turn device on and off)
Fire button shaped like a shield (subjective but i really like it)
Battery status indication
Replaceable coils
Adjustable airflow
Mid to loose MTL or restrictive direct lung
Both available coils included
I had mess free experience filling the pod
Drip tip (mouthpiece) comfortable
0.8ohm coil gave decent (average) flavour
Coil longevity average (as long as you don't chain vape)
Type C USB
Just 1 hour to charge
1000mAh battery (gave good life)

Cons

1.0ohm Coil gave below par flavour
Both coils do not like any form of chain vaping which reduced longevity
Panel needs removing to check juice level and pod is darkly tinted
Proprietary fixed drip tip
Very slight movement with panel

I would once again like to thank Nicole from Rincoe for supplying the Tix Pod Kit for the purpose of this review.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines