Before We All Panic.....

Bebop

Milwaukee vaping ....

Now let me just say right off that I'm open to actual evidence and arguements that "vaping" caused this but I find this very suspect. 

I know it's very early and there will be more FACTS coming after this initial hysteria.

Im having trouble finding any objective data on this, probably because it is early in its announcement.    

Has anybody seen any news on this that ISN'T heavily slanted by the anti vaping  community? 

I find it odd that vaping has been around for a long time without incident.   And now "teens" in Wisconsin are suddenly suffering from lung disease.  AND with the recent ramp up of THC vaping I find this interestingly coincidental. 

I look forward to more honest reporting and fact finding on this but I think I know where this is headed........

I find it strange that only the generation that sometimes eat tide pods are the ones that are suffering from lung disease. I have been vaping for a long time, and my doctor said my lungs have improved. I think the question should be what are they vaping?

The news media never tell the whole story, only the parts that they want to.

I don't have links, but had some down time at work so was surfing on my phone. Sounds to me like from what I read,some were vaping THC from street vendors. Like I said don't have the links to prove it, but that is what I read. It was also referenced in a couple of the articles I read that some of those affected were going thought 2 to 3 Juul pods a day. From what I understand that is equal to 3 or 4 packs of cigs a day. And all of the articles were from something like a 10 mile radius.

Most of the articles I've read were hysteria-driven "OMG! Don't vape! It's dangerous and it'll kill you!!!" types. There were a few that reported "some" of these people vaped THC/CBD oils (added it in to the pod/tank themselves), and bought their liquid on the street. I'm very suspicious that the people who are suffering respiratory distress vaped something more than just normal e-liquid but aren't saying so because they could get into trouble from their parents and/or it's not legal where they live.

After over 7 years of vaping my doctor says my lungs sound extremely good, I don't run out of breath like I used to, and I think it would've done something negative before now.

Just my two cents.

It's definitely the cheese...

I have the same basic endorsement.  My lungs are healthier today than they were 6 years ago and I have not heard of any complaints from many others that I got off cigs oh so long ago. 

I'm hoping some honest investigation will find the root cause of this.  It really shouldn't take more than a cursory scientific test to determine the actual cause of this.  

And it wouldn't surprise me some uncaring, unscrupulous drug dealer slipping unvapable products in for the kiddies. Sad and criminal, really.    I hope it gets sorted out before somebody does die over this.  

The Washington Post put this article up on August 29th but I got busy and forgot to post it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/as-vaping-related-lung-illnesses-spike-investigators-eye-contaminants/2019/08/29/cfe26032-ca78-11e9-be05-f76ac4ec618c_story.html

Then, this one came out today:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/as-vaping-related-lung-illnesses-spike-investigators-eye-contaminants/2019/08/29/cfe26032-ca78-11e9-be05-f76ac4ec618c_story.html

Finally. Some stories that don't just vilify the vaping industry but rather report that the investigation is actually looking for the real culprit in all these illnesses.

Yep.  not surprised.   Thanks for that Tam. 

That's all we need is more reason to crush the greatest harm reduction tool on the planet.  Ever get the idea the FDA is really not looking out for us?  Haha   

There is a good article at Vaping 360 on this titled: 

Vitamin E Acetate Products Investigated in THC Oil Deaths

While I am saddened by what I consider an intrusion of drug dealers in to the vaping foray,  it is important to put out the word that vaping cannabis is a wild frontier territory marred by illicit drug sales and can be very dangerous.  And the young are particularly prone since they cannot acquire products legally.  

Well now that Empress Whitmer and King Trump have spoken, the sheep are jumping in.  Looks like pharma, tobacco, and the like of Bloomberg are going to win this.  Of course the Philip Morris heat don't burn made muster just prior to the hammer hitting the gavel.  Nothing new.  Gooberment at it's best.  

13 minutes ago, cany said:

I wonder if more people are gonna take up mixing their own

I think that will depend on if the bans are extended to concentrates or not.  

Hello fellas.  Long time no see.  I think this sudden war on vaping is nonsense.  There’s a cause that they haven’t discovered yet or haven’t announced, as things stand they have a case to to finally act.   This idiocy will benefit the big tobacco folks who are still in everyone’s pockets, or so I’m sure they believe that.  I’ve never been more happy that I mix my own juice though.  Might be a profitable skill down the road lol :) 

Love these got them off a friends FB page

when the "electronic cigarettes" first came out they used only water vapor.
Then some head shop "dudes" decided to start adding flavor to it.....from there someone decided that different scented oils were better than water........might as well be smokin motor oi
l

The chemicals in that stuff is just as deadly as cigarettes. Nasty stuff.