Cleaning Vape coils

So I have a few tfv8 coils that I want to clean and reuse. I recently tried cleaning them with some soap (might have been scented) and hot water and the let them dry but when I used it again it gave a really nasty taste. Any suggestions on how i could fix those coils and other cleaning tips for future reference would be greatly appreciated!

coils build up deposits with use which can't be washed off with soap. These are byproducts of the ingredients of the juice.  it can also get in your cotton and won't fully wash out.

I have never been able to "wash" a coil and have it perform better.   I've never tried a sonic cleaner but I would recommend distilled water as tap water can leave unwanted deposits too. 

If you can take apart the coil,  remove the cotton, then burn off the deposits and clean and then rewick with new cotton, I have had some success with this but not all coils will allow for this and I don't know if that's an option with the Tfv8.

the only other way I know is to get a tank with a rebuildable atomizer and learn to make your own coils.   

1 hour ago, Bebop said:

the only other way I know is to get a tank with a rebuildable atomizer and learn to make your own coils.

That's what I do, haven't bought a coil in years.