Smok t-priv questions

Shorty

Hey yall I am new to this and got the smok t-priv and was wondering what wattage is best to vape it at? And what coils? And is there anything I need to know any & all advice is welcomed just wanting to make sure I am setting it up right. Any Do's and don'ts please let me know thanks yall :-) 

Hi, Shorty... and welcome!

There is no "best" for any device... the best advice I can give is to start at low Watts (like 15-20W), vape, and if you don't get the flavor/cloud you want, bump it up a Watt or three and try again... rinse, repeat... Once you get a hot or burnt flavor, back it down a Watt or two.  This will be the sweet-spot for that coil and juice combo.  Every juice you use will have a different sweet-spot (bakery flavors will prefer a cooler vape at lower watts than a candy or fruit flavor).  Also, as a coil ages, the sweet-stop will change, requiring more or less power (just a Watt or two, usually). 

As for coils... SMOK has about a dozen options, depending on the tank you are using.  Some coils are designed for the cloud-chaser running max-VG juices and require insane Wattage.  You will unfortunately  have to play around with the different coils until you find the one YOU like best.  That being said... if you are looking for max clouds, you may want to look at the multiple-coil designs which run 0.1-0.2 Ohms... if you are looking for flavor, you should look at the single or double-coil designs... or the  mesh coils... with higher resistance (0.4 or higher).  Be also aware, all the SMOK coils I've tried GUZZLE juice, so be prepared to refill often, and expect your juice budget to start going up!

I'm currently using a SMOK TFV12 Prince with a Q4 coil (0.4 Ohms) at 45W... and a fruity/tart flavor juice, mixed at 60%VG, 20% flavor strength.  I can push it to 60W without a burnt flavor, but the vape is too hot for my liking at that power level.

The other option is to use Temp-control, to balance the temp of the vape... but I find TC mode runs through batteries 2-3x faster than Wattage mode, so I chose to manually adjust the Wattage to find my sweet-spot (and perform fewer battery swaps) ;)

Good luck, and let us know how you do, and what coil and setting combo works for you!

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

Hi, Shorty... and welcome!

There is no "best" for any device... the best advice I can give is to start at low Watts (like 15-20W), vape, and if you don't get the flavor/cloud you want, bump it up a Watt or three and try again... rinse, repeat... Once you get a hot or burnt flavor, back it down a Watt or two.  This will be the sweet-spot for that coil and juice combo.  Every juice you use will have a different sweet-spot (bakery flavors will prefer a cooler vape at lower watts than a candy or fruit flavor).  Also, as a coil ages, the sweet-stop will change, requiring more or less power (just a Watt or two, usually). 

As for coils... SMOK has about a dozen options, depending on the tank you are using.  Some coils are designed for the cloud-chaser running max-VG juices and require insane Wattage.  You will unfortunately  have to play around with the different coils until you find the one YOU like best.  That being said... if you are looking for max clouds, you may want to look at the multiple-coil designs which run 0.1-0.2 Ohms... if you are looking for flavor, you should look at the single or double-coil designs... or the  mesh coils... with higher resistance (0.4 or higher).  Be also aware, all the SMOK coils I've tried GUZZLE juice, so be prepared to refill often, and expect your juice budget to start going up!

I'm currently using a SMOK TFV12 Prince with a Q4 coil (0.4 Ohms) at 45W... and a fruity/tart flavor juice, mixed at 60%VG, 20% flavor strength.  I can push it to 60W without a burnt flavor, but the vape is too hot for my liking at that power level.

The other option is to use Temp-control, to balance the temp of the vape... but I find TC mode runs through batteries 2-3x faster than Wattage mode, so I chose to manually adjust the Wattage to find my sweet-spot (and perform fewer battery swaps) ;)

Good luck, and let us know how you do, and what coil and setting combo works for you!

Thank you so much lol and I will I have been doing a lot of research just wasnt to for sure about the wattage and the tc options bc if I'm not wrong when you use tc you then have to fo into if the coil/wire is the s.s, ti. Etc right or am I wrong I do know I have thought about vaping around 35-60 watts maybe not for sure tho. And when I get it I just take and prime the coil/cotton and then let it set for about 10 minutes right just wanting to make sure i dont accidentally do something wrong thank you for the help by the way 🙂

You are welcome!

Yes, TC requires coils to be SS, Ni200, or Titanium.  Some mods will operate TC on Kanthal wire, but I've not had much luck getting those to work consistently.  Personally, I prefer SS for Temp Control, but your mileage may vary.

Yes, prime the coil with a little juice, then assemble the tank, fill the tank, and let it sit for at least 5 minutes to fully soak the cotton.  This ensures  you don't fry the cotton/coil with a "dry" hit, which will ruin the coil and possibly pass the burnt flavor to the rest of the juice in the tank (wasting it).

The wattage necessary will depend on your juice, the coil you are using, and your personal preference.  My current vape at 27W may be too much for you... or you may find it lacking and need to turn it up.  If you follow my advice of starting power low, vape, bump the power up, vape, repeat, until you hi the top-end (slight burnt taste), then back power off a Watt or two... you'll always find the perfect sweet-spot.  You may find a spot where you like the flavor and vapor BEFORE you hit the top-end of the coil/juice combo... it may be at 15W... it may be at 65W... it all depends on your rig, coil, airflow, juice, and personal preference.

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

You are welcome!

Yes, TC requires coils to be SS, Ni200, or Titanium.  Some mods will operate TC on Kanthal wire, but I've not had much luck getting those to work consistently.  Personally, I prefer SS for Temp Control, but your mileage may vary.

Yes, prime the coil with a little juice, then assemble the tank, fill the tank, and let it sit for at least 5 minutes to fully soak the cotton.  This ensures  you don't fry the cotton/coil with a "dry" hit, which will ruin the coil and possibly pass the burnt flavor to the rest of the juice in the tank (wasting it).

The wattage necessary will depend on your juice, the coil you are using, and your personal preference.  My current vape at 27W may be too much for you... or you may find it lacking and need to turn it up.  If you follow my advice of starting power low, vape, bump the power up, vape, repeat, until you hi the top-end (slight burnt taste), then back power off a Watt or two... you'll always find the perfect sweet-spot.  You may find a spot where you like the flavor and vapor BEFORE you hit the top-end of the coil/juice combo... it may be at 15W... it may be at 65W... it all depends on your rig, coil, airflow, juice, and personal preference.

Okay I really do appreciate all of your help I will post when I get my vape and set it up 🙂