Fort Worth man dies after vape pen explodes in his face, report says

newsyn

"Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day. On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers."

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm

I like my odds...I think I'll keep vaping.

I read the story, and found it to be very confusing.

He died at John Peter Smith Hospital two days after crawling from the car.

The medical examiner ruled William Brown’s cause of death as penetrating trauma from an exploding vaporizer pen. His left carotid artery was severed, the report says. Alice Brown said doctors at JPS told her that William suffered a stroke inside the car and eventually had bleeding in his brain.

Edited by FXRich

3 hours ago, FXRich said:

I read the story, and found it to be very confusing.

He died at John Peter Smith Hospital two days after crawling from the car.

The medical examiner ruled William Brown’s cause of death as penetrating trauma from an exploding vaporizer pen. His left carotid artery was severed, the report says. Alice Brown said doctors at JPS told her that William suffered a stroke inside the car and eventually had bleeding in his brain.

And then, in articles from varied reputable news sources, they said that he went into a vape shop for help/he never entered the shop but stayed outside in his car in the parking lot... he apparently didn't buy the mod/vape pen from that particular shop but was seeking help from the workers inside. No mention of what type of mod it was - whether it was a mechanical or regulated unit.

There are too many unknowns and left out details for this to make an impact on what really happened.  🙄