Ambassadors

So I had to run down to the liquor store earlier (for milk lol not smokes!) and without even thinking about it I walked in vaping. Of course the man behind the counter started yelling at me and I calmly apologized and told/showed him what it was. Luckily I was the only one there and to make a long story short I spent 15 min. talking to him about my wonderful 510, and how I believe it's much safer than smoking. (I made sure not to say it's healthy) and I now have his permission to vape in his store as long as I go back tomorrow to show his wife lol. It got me thinking, We should make up a document with the pros and cons of E-Cigs....wait....Is there any cons? anyway, and some FAQ's for people who ask about them. So what do you think? A lot of people have no idea what these things are and if I could print out a few pamphlets when I go out where I'm pretty sure someone's going to ask about my E-Cig. It'd save me the time of having to explain (if I'm in a hurry), better inform interested or ignorant people, and help spread the word. If we had something like this I'd vape everywhere, and when someone confronts me simply explain that it's not a cigarette. Put it away, hand them a pamphlet and walk away. Basically what I'm asking is, what are the main things people should know when they first encounter one of these devices? I don't want to seem like an ******* "smoking" wherever I please and just saying "it's a personal nicotine vaporizer not tobacco"We should try to be as polite and informative as we can as this is still a very new thing for most people.

Thoughts?

Thats so funny you said this because I had a heated discussion with this chick I know about why I'm choosing to vape rather than quit smoking by taking wellbutrin or chew gum. I already know shes an idiot so I didn't waste much time on her anyway's but it did make me wonder where I could find the facts or like you said quick list of pros and cons laid out for ignorant people like her who think this couldn't possibly be a safe alternative . At least you lucked into a nice guy because there are some people out there who just don't get it and no matter how much you explain this little lifesaver people want to knock it before they even know the facts!! (( apparently she quit smoking analogs by taking wellbutrin a year ago and couldn't possibly understand why I wouldn't just want to quit)) ---- eyeroll---

It is a good idea. Most people won't read a document, so I'm thinking about making a laminated "Certified Vaper Card" Make it like an ID but have information on the back of it that educates them about why what I'm doing isn't a problem. I would give a document for someone very interested though.

Well crap, I must have hit the wrong button - I had a long, elegant reply all written. :) ~Dang~ Anyway, I have prepared such a thing. I wrote a kind of summary of all the things I didn't know when I first heard about vaping, and created a CD that has my summary, the ignorant statements from the FDA and WHO, and every rebuttal to them that I've collected. In all there are 12 documents on the CD. I've given several of them to people who showed an interest in vaping, though I don't know whether there have been any converts. Time will tell. Anyway, below is a link to my little summary. Keep in mind that it's a work in progress and I haven't edited it for a couple of weeks. I always welcome input on this because I want it to be as convincing as it can be, but also objective...

Some Basic Vaping Information

I'm not sure that link will work for anyone but me; if it doesn't will someone tell me and I'll attach the file with the forum's attachment system. I just would like to test my link to see if I figured out how to do it in my website.

There are a couple of cons to vaping. Chief among them is the thing the naysayers always throw at the media - we don't know the long-term effects of vaping. I counter this with my own dramatic health improvements and a reminder that we do know the long-term effects of smoking.

Another is all the futzing around with the equipment. We're used to it so it's not a big deal but people always get a little harried with trying to make it work at first. There's a longer learning curve than just lighting an analog. A good response to this though, is simple happiness about vaping. We all have reasons we do it; share them. It works here and it can work in person. Just my experience.

Schizo's probably right that most people won't read a long document; there's a reason someone invented bullet points. How about a suggestion for some? I'd like to take that idea and run with it.