“Best” Coil setting?

Soupy1957

this is just my opinion based on experience and nothing more.

Fresh coils seem to be able to take more wattage initially but tend to burn out faster if pushed to heavily.  there seems to be a happy medium which produces adequate flavor and vapor if the coil is not pushed to hard. usually on the lower side of the range.  

2 things lead to early coil burn out (well, 3 things but I'll get to that).  1. high sugar content. 2. darkness of juice ( high particulates in juice).  the combination of both is a real killer.  

the third thing is airflow.   Too little airflow does not allow for full evaporation and the juice cooks on the coil.  There is a happy medium here too.  Too much air and it skips the coil.   Generally, the higher the wattage, the more airflow you need to keep up. 

to get the most time out of a coil, use moderate wattage, vape clear or near clear juices and use proper airflow. 

Every coil is different.  Some coils come with a pretty decent recommended range, while others are way off.  Sometimes I'll look at the recommended range and start maybe 20 watts lower and work up, or down if it's already too much power.  You'll get the hang of it all as you go along.  Some e-juice's perform best when initially hit with a fair amount of power as that is where the flavor is most intense.  Others will "layer" as the coils heat up producing different flavors at different temperatures.  

Dark, sweet eliquids tend to gunk up coils faster, as does vaping at higher wattages. Less sweet (like fruits), and lighter colored eliquids don't tend to go through coils as fast as they usually like lower temperatures.