I think I F’ed it up

CoryTheNube

So I’m going step by step and I go to fire. I didn’t clip a underneath the posts. When it read the ohms it was .4. Beautiful. I fired and the straggle piece was the only piece to fire out of everything. It was on the base of the RDA. You can see the discoloration of the RDA. Am I screwed here? I’ve tried it a few times and nothing reads to the OHM meter. I put my baby beast on and it reads like a charm. I ****** up. Day one. Image1535541260.999994.jpg

Well first off, You have the coil connected to both positive connectors.  Not sure how you're getting any resistance reading.  You need to turn the coils 90 degrees and have one end of the coil connect to a positive post and the other connect to a negative post.  From the pic, it looks like the insulator is still in tact so I'm guessing the atty is fine except for a little arc blemish.  A friend of mine built one up and didn't notice a tiny clapton wire touching the edge of the atty.  First fire the thing light up like a flash bulb.  Really neat little light show.  The atty was fine.  

Artboard 1.png

My man Walt always guiding toward the truth! Yeah......shame. I even watched a video on the piece itself. But it was a previous version. The posts and air flow was wanly. So I was avoiding the air flow without using basic god damn judgement. I’m a dumb dumb. We are full of clouds now. No fires. A little emotional scars. But I’ll live.

1 minute ago, CoryTheNube said:

My man Walt always guiding toward the truth! Yeah......shame. I even watched a video on the piece itself. But it was a previous version. So I was avoiding the air flow without using basic god damn judgement. I’m a dumb dumb. We are full of clouds. No fires. A little emotional scars. But I’ll live.

Lol,  I'm sure we've all done similar, I know I have.  Had one that the coil was shorting out on the top of the chamber.  Took me forever to figure that out.  Came real close to throwing one of my best atties in the landfill.   

1 minute ago, CoryTheNube said:

One day I’ll get my **** together. Until then...Cory the Nube still plays.

Bravo!  Get back on the horse!  That's how it's done.  

lol.  noob!   just ribbing ya.  It wouldn't be funny unless I'd done the same or similar things myself.

Are you planning on running it single coil mode?  do you have a plan to block off airflow if you are?

Edited by Bebop

love the deck by the way.  Nice design.  one of the better designs I've seen.

I would clip those leads too, if I were you.  the ones going down to the deck.

Edited by Bebop